Recruiting AFL Trade & Free Agency XII - 💰💰💰

Remove this Banner Ad

Who said he wants to come home, I’d guess he would want opportunity. I think Essendon could sell the big midfielder role to him too

Not the right player IMO - would cost an absolute truckload, would be stuck behind a glut of midfielders (if we were to even play him there) we already have not getting games - and the ‘go home’ factor will always be a risk.

I don't think we want to be trading out draft capital over the next few years, we've only got a couple of untainted drafts left before Tassie arrives and I think it's important we hit those as hard as we can.
I’d trade picks if it’s for a genuine star. Tom Morris saying petracca is unhappy at the dees. Our issues aren’t really our bottom players it’s our top end isnt good enough.

100% we need to keep our early picks the next couple years.

We’re not at a point where a trade for a particular guy is going to put us over the top and we go all in.

Prior to Tassie, we need to make sure we use all our first round picks to keep bringing in guys who are flawed, project as “could be anything” types that ultimately don’t become anything…or back pockets.

I say in jest - but seriously, need to keep our picks.

Time for a real in depth look at our list and what we need to recruit.

1- speed
2- good ball users
3- another good defender

those three have to be top of our list.
small forwards
another KPF

100% we need to keep our early picks the next couple years.

We’re not at a point where a trade for a particular guy is going to put us over the top and we go all in.

Prior to Tassie, we need to make sure we use all our first round picks to keep bringing in guys who are flawed, project as “could be anything” types that ultimately don’t become anything…or back pockets.

I say in jest - but seriously, need to keep our picks.
We need to go after Reid big time. 10 years for 15 million. Trade pick 8, Hobbs tsatis and cox to get it done. Go big or go home.

We'll have plenty of small forwards. We need someone who can move the footy from half back.
yes we do.
Of course if we had any decent small forwards they may have kicked some bloody goals in the last quarter on Saturday.

I see the biggest problem with our list isn’t the depth it’s the top end. We need another superstar. Preferably we draft that player, but sometimes you just need to cough up when that guy becomes available.

Pettraca fits into the Merrett timeline, and potentially we see McKay Ridley Martin Caldwell Durham as those next few guys hit their peaks as pettracca ans Merrett get older.

We also get a bit of a free swing with kako coming and Bewick as a fs soon??

Our depth around superstars start to look a lot better. Especially in a good team.

I’d trade picks if it’s for a genuine star. Tom Morris saying petracca is unhappy at the dees. Our issues aren’t really our bottom players it’s our top end isnt good enough.
This is the quote.

And as Morris reported on Monday night: “Christian Petracca is disgruntled and particularly disillusioned with the club’s direction.

“Petracca’s a pro, he’s desperate for another flag, but he has become increasingly unhappy in the wake of his season-ending spleen injury.

“His disenchantment - which is not directed at the coach, it must be said - has now become so palpable that if he was out of contract, the four-time All-Australian would likely ask for a trade tomorrow.

“But the reality is he has five years left on his contract, and it’s basically impossible to see how the Dees would agree to let their best player go, even if he did demand a trade.

“For now teammates are aware of his frustrations, some even share them, key officials are aware too but standing firm he will not be traded under any circumstances.

“One rival club also understands how unsettled Petracca is, and they’re watching the situation closely.”

Highly unlikely anything happens. Classic story of a rival club feeding info to the media based on a loose discussion with a player manager.

This is the quote.

And as Morris reported on Monday night: “Christian Petracca is disgruntled and particularly disillusioned with the club’s direction.

“Petracca’s a pro, he’s desperate for another flag, but he has become increasingly unhappy in the wake of his season-ending spleen injury.

“His disenchantment - which is not directed at the coach, it must be said - has now become so palpable that if he was out of contract, the four-time All-Australian would likely ask for a trade tomorrow.

“But the reality is he has five years left on his contract, and it’s basically impossible to see how the Dees would agree to let their best player go, even if he did demand a trade.

“For now teammates are aware of his frustrations, some even share them, key officials are aware too but standing firm he will not be traded under any circumstances.

“One rival club also understands how unsettled Petracca is, and they’re watching the situation closely.”

Highly unlikely anything happens. Classic story of a rival club feeding info to the media based on a loose discussion with a player manager.
I could see a situation of Melbourne considering trading both pettracca and Oliver and catapulting a rebuild.

yes we do.
Of course if we had any decent small forwards they may have kicked some bloody goals in the last quarter on Saturday.
Jr put us in front. Not his fault Laverde seems more interested in what's going on in the stands than playing out the game to the siren.

Last Saturday is in the past however, and what we draft at the end of the year isn't about what the list will be right now. It's about filling the holes we're about to have, not the holes we're already about to fill.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Jr put us in front. Not his fault Laverde seems more interested in what's going on in the stands than playing out the game to the siren.

Last Saturday is in the past however, and what we draft at the end of the year isn't about what the list will be right now. It's about filling the holes we're about to have, not the holes we're already about to fill.
And the holes are. A couple of Josh Weddles to play half back. A KPF to play along side Caddy who can actually takes marks. A AMT to play in the forward line. Probably a KPD as most of ours are broken down or past their use by date.
When they delist Jayden at the end of this year that is one small forward spot down. Menzie at the end of next year. There goes another. Gresham will be done the year after that.
I am not dancing with you on Jr . You have blinkers because his dad was one of your favourites.

And the holes are. A couple of Josh Weddles to play half back. A KPF to play along side Caddy who can actually takes marks. A AMT to play in the forward line. Probably a KPD as most of ours are broken down or past their use by date.
When they delist Jayden at the end of this year that is one small forward spot down. Menzie at the end of next year. There goes another. Gresham will be done the year after that.
I am not dancing with you on Jr . You have blinkers because his dad was one of your favourites.
AMT got fat and useless and hung around far longer than his worth. We don't need another AMT.

You reckon they delist Jayden?

I would love the AFL club to take a leaf out of the Sandringham / St.Kilda alignment and assure a VFL Bomber an AFL contract each year. We have perennially had one AFL standard player on our list for as long as i can remember. Would certainly attract more talent to the list.

In saying that, the current regime seems to have a penchant for getting the best out of its youth with senior bodies fit and healthy proving a huge benefit.

(2016) Sam Heaviside, Dan Coghlan, Josh Freezer,
(2017) James Ferry, Nash Holmes, Bruno Laguda
(2018) Nino Lazaro, Jake MCQueen, Alex Boyse
(2019) Dylan Landt, Aaron Heppell,
(2020) Shit show, Josh Tynan, Matt Day,
(2021) Billy Cootee, Sam Conforti, James Harold
(2022) Kyle Weightman, Jacob Brown, Jake Sutton
(2023) A plethora of young names, Cootee, Jorgensen, Foley, Jake Sutton, Jac Cleaver

Always had good youth, a large chunk are playing reasonable football elsewhere. Expect some talk of last years VFL captain to come up in AFL prospects having played some very good football at Norwood in the SANFL.

I would love the AFL club to take a leaf out of the Sandringham / St.Kilda alignment and assure a VFL Bomber an AFL contract each year. We have perennially had one AFL standard player on our list for as long as i can remember. Would certainly attract more talent to the list.

In saying that, the current regime seems to have a penchant for getting the best out of its youth with senior bodies fit and healthy proving a huge benefit.

(2016) Sam Heaviside, Dan Coghlan, Josh Freezer,
(2017) James Ferry, Nash Holmes, Bruno Laguda
(2018) Nino Lazaro, Jake MCQueen, Alex Boyse
(2019) Dylan Landt, Aaron Heppell,
(2020) Shit show, Josh Tynan, Matt Day,
(2021) Billy Cootee, Sam Conforti, James Harold
(2022) Kyle Weightman, Jacob Brown, Jake Sutton
(2023) A plethora of young names, Cootee, Jorgensen, Foley, Jake Sutton, Jac Cleaver

Always had good youth, a large chunk are playing reasonable football elsewhere. Expect some talk of last years VFL captain to come up in AFL prospects having played some very good football at Norwood in the SANFL.
We have a fair few of this type on the list already

Remove this Banner Ad

Recruiting AFL Trade & Free Agency XII - 💰💰💰

Remove this Banner Ad

Back