Recruiting AFL Trade & Free Agency XII - 💰💰💰

Remove this Banner Ad

If people are fair dinkum with wanting to trade something out then the only real like for like that could net us something decent in return would be, dare i say it, an inside midfielder.

You trade out Parish for a top 10 pick and give those minutes to Hobbs in hope he fast tracks and can replace what Parish is. All in the mean time using that draft collateral to rebalance elsewhere

Or,

Go the other way and bank on Parish and trade a Hobbs / Tsatas and use that collateral to re balance the list.

These are the only two scenarios that feasibly make sense unless we are giving up something completely left field in a position we dont have replacabales in. (Jordan Ridley, Mason Redman in defence for example)

It's costing us a lot for someone who isn't guaranteed to be the player he was pre ruptured spleen, we're not in the right position list wise to make such a big sacrifice, and anything else you can think of.
If people are fair dinkum with wanting to trade something out then the only real like for like that could net us something decent in return would be, dare i say it, an inside midfielder.

You trade out Parish for a top 10 pick and give those minutes to Hobbs in hope he fast tracks and can replace what Parish is. All in the mean time using that draft collateral to rebalance elsewhere

Or,

Go the other way and bank on Parish and trade a Hobbs / Tsatas and use that collateral to re balance the list.

These are the only two scenarios that feasibly make sense unless we are giving up something completely left field in a position we dont have replacabales in. (Jordan Ridley, Mason Redman in defence for example)
I agree, Except for the trade Hobbs and Tsatas part.

I'd also be looking for a F1 plus current second for him.

It would be a like for like (re Hobbs), Tsatas a slightly different type of player and different skill set. Point remains though and the old adage of needing to give something to get something probably adds weight to the argument if we want to be fair dinkum. I dont think we have the guts to do it but if we want to be serious then perhaps a serious thought needs to be had

Or,

These are the only two scenarios that feasibly make sense unless we are giving up something completely left field in a position we dont have replacabales in. (Jordan Ridley, Mason Redman in defence for example

There is an option for Durham to move back outside through wings and flanks to get space for another mid through there.

But personally I’d like to see two of sheil parish and setterfeild traded. Parish and Shiel net us more so them.
Setterfeild payed bugger all and can protect the younger kids for a season or two.

Stringer and 2mp are other options of players to trade.

Even Langford could be on the table if we want to get really aggressive.

By the virtue of Heppell goldy hind maybe Kelly moving on we will look a lot younger next year regardless.

Parish is exactly the type of player we should trade. McGrath unfortunately doesn't have enough trade currency because he would've been another trade option.

Shiel and Stringer also finished with the club. Hobbs and Tsatas to play in the middle from next year and hopefully Perkins has a big season to establish himself in the side as well.

We need to trade out good or decent players and stock up what we can before Tassie compromise the draft.

Parish is exactly the type of player we should trade. McGrath unfortunately doesn't have enough trade currency because he would've been another trade option.

Shiel and Stringer also finished with the club. Hobbs and Tsatas to play in the middle from next year and hopefully Perkins has a big season to establish himself in the side as well.

We need to trade out good or decent players and stock up what we can before Tassie compromise the draft.
I’d like to see a strong direction for the club, either trade some older blokes with currency, or go out and get a star that pairs with Merrett and contend. At the moment we are in the middle which is absolute no man’s land.

I’d like to see a strong direction for the club, either trade some older blokes with currency, or go out and get a star that pairs with Merrett and contend. At the moment we are in the middle which is absolute no man’s land.
There is no singular player in the competition that you could bring in and automatically transform us into contenders.

There is no singular player in the competition that you could bring in and automatically transform us into contenders.
Disagree. Pettracca or bont healthy and on our current list would be around the top 6. Superstars lift the output of the rest.

B McGrath McKay redman
Hb Ridley Reid Merrett
C durham petracca/bont dursma
Hf Martin 2mp Gresham
F stringer caddy kako
Ob - Draper caldwell parish
Int Roberts Shiel guilfi Langford sub perk.
Just did a quick side off the top of my head, we contend from next season, and would only get better as we have other potential stars in caddy Durham Ridley and martin few years from their prime

You reckon they delist Jayden?
On the cards . The word is they are not overly enthusiastic with his efforts to complete week in and week out and and the fact that at times he has not committed to giving 100% to the preparation side .
Not sure it is the right move as he has ability but in saying that we need guy’s who want to compete.
He is a classic example of a guy who should have been a rookie pick.

Need another genuine wingman. We literally only have 1 in Duursma.
Roberts looks like he will make it as another. If we find a decent half back we can use Martin as well .

(Log in to remove this ad.)

On the cards . The word is they are not overly enthusiastic with his efforts to complete week in and week out and and the fact that at times he has not committed to giving 100% to the preparation side .
Not sure it is the right move as he has ability but in saying that we need guy’s who want to compete.
They had similar thoughts about d'ambosioe

They can downgrade him to a rookie now can't they? He's OOC I'm pretty sure.

It's costing us a lot for someone who isn't guaranteed to be the player he was pre ruptured spleen, we're not in the right position list wise to make such a big sacrifice, and anything else you can think of.

It’s costing us bugger all from where I sit. Melbourne would laugh at the trade offer to be honest…

If that is the level of return we’d be better off just keeping him. If we could get a late/first early second I’d do it but doubt anyone is giving that up.
Id be happy to move him on a pick in the 40s instead of playing him 100+ games but that won’t happen.

Sometimes I wish we’d be more ruthless like American teams are. Once it’s contract time more often than not failed 1st round picks are moved on and the next are ushered in.

Given the AFL want to Americanise and pasturize every aspect of the game and rip it’s heart out I would have thought the ideal outcome for them would be Petracca doesn’t report for day 1 of pre season next year and we get the fabled, dramatic ‘hold out’.

It makes for great television.

Id be happy to move him on a pick in the 40s instead of playing him 100+ games but that won’t happen.

Sometimes I wish we’d be more ruthless like American teams are. Once it’s contract time more often than not failed 1st round picks are moved on and the next are ushered in.

In order to behave like US Sport you need player movement, talent pool size and player wages like US Sport.

Remove this Banner Ad

Recruiting AFL Trade & Free Agency XII - 💰💰💰

Remove this Banner Ad

Back