Recruiting AFL Trade & Free Agency XII - 💰💰💰

Remove this Banner Ad

Move a Davey to the rookie list, and next year we’ll be in a good position to delist the small forwards who don’t look like making the grade
Yep and use daveys up the ground more in the vfl. See if there’s a player there. Can’t see much in the way of small forwards in them.

Rosas for next to nothing is a good swing

Yep and use daveys up the ground more in the vfl. See if there’s a player there. Can’t see much in the way of small forwards in them.

Rosas for next to nothing is a good swing
I would say that the few times Jayden has played at his best he has shown he is a good small forward. His problem is not forward craft . It is effort.
Alwyn has always shown a bit up the ground.
The issue is both need to mature a bit more to get to the next level. They are still like school kids.

To be fair?

From what I heard he offered two and the dogs told him to get ****ed because they would get eaten by the Ugle Hagan bid and noone wanted to go all in on the covid draft except Collingwood.

And if he didn't why the **** did he sit all on 3 picks instead of trying to trade one for the following year.
He didn’t want to trade two frp for Dunkley doubt he would be overpaying for petracca.

My man Alex Davies is out of contract and has Collingwood and Geelong's interest. What do they know about list building?

191cm mid and only 22. Struggled to get games behind Rowell, Anderson and Miller until Hardwick came along. Played 7 games in the back end of the season but was suspended for 3 from an incident v. Port. During that game he had 20 disposals, 13 contested 12 tackles and 8 clearances. He projects well just needs consistency.

Meanwhile, we have Setterfield who can't stay on the park. There's an option there.

Get stuffed Petracca, why wouldn't you want to come to Essendon.
An extra month of holidays in September, you only have to run hard when you have the ball. If you want to take it a bit easy and phone it in, later in the season the coach is your fall guy. Plus plenty of company in the rehab group.
Seems like a lovely place to grow old.
100% this. Looks like We’ve become the destination club for mediocre players who don’t want to play finals or be criticised but are still able to stitch up multi-year contracts. No one of note seems to be putting their hand up to come to Essendon anymore and there’s lukewarm demand for most players on our list if we did shop them around. Boring off season incoming….😕

We need a bunch of genuine smalls to address the imbalance of the list.
One backup for McGrath if he's injured.
One good small defender who can deliver rebound from half back.
One rover to succeed Merrett when he gets older.
Three quality small forwards. Plus backups.
The club needs to stop taking advice from nuffies and start putting an appropriate squad together.
One good small defender who can deliver rebound from half back..

Saad is our guy

Keep I don’t want him gone.

I want to hit the draft hard over the next couple of years.

Our current list isn’t winning a flag. It’s not going to happen.

In a couple of years Tassie will get a lot of the top picks.

I want to see us strike now.

You need to give up something of value to get decent picks. On our list I’m thinking Parish, Redman, Ridley are prime candidates. They are actually worth something and we can cover their loss better than we can our other players of value.

We can use some of our cap space to pay parts of their contracts and offer a great deal in exchange for the picks we need.
Keep Ridley

My man Alex Davies is out of contract and has Collingwood and Geelong's interest. What do they know about list building?

191cm mid and only 22. Struggled to get games behind Rowell, Anderson and Miller until Hardwick came along. Played 7 games in the back end of the season but was suspended for 3 from an incident v. Port. During that game he had 20 disposals, 13 contested 12 tackles and 8 clearances. He projects well just needs consistency.

Meanwhile, we have Setterfield who can't stay on the park. There's an option there.
Could get a multiclub deal going that lands us Davies and Rosas Jnr and gets Hobbs somewhere.

I would say that the few times Jayden has played at his best he has shown he is a good small forward. His problem is not forward craft . It is effort.
Alwyn has always shown a bit up the ground.
The issue is both need to mature a bit more to get to the next level. They are still like school kids.
I do recall Bobby Hill being quite skinny and easily worked over by bigger bodies in his first couple of years at GWS, many were saying we were stupid to look at him when we tried to poach him. Hopefully at least one of the Daveys can get to the level he is once the body matures.

Get stuffed Petracca, why wouldn't you want to come to Essendon.
An extra month of holidays in September, you only have to run hard when you have the ball. If you want to take it a bit easy and phone it in, later in the season the coach is your fall guy. Plus plenty of company in the rehab group.
Seems like a lovely place to grow old.

best superannuation program in the league too.

Might as well trade Merett if you're looking at it like that.

I also think it's awful to sign players to long ass contracts (Parish, Redman) and then try and **** them off a year later, same for players who try and move after doing the same.

Well, no, Merrett is the skipper. We’re obviously not trading him. You don’t trade your leaders, especially when you have so few.

We can call it awful, no doubt about that. But what are we here for? To win flags, supposedly. We had incompetent list management who did stupid things that we now have to try to fix. Relocating a professional athlete to another club on the same pay doesn’t really rate up there in terms of horrible acts for mine. You need a bit of ruthlessness.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

joke re plural!!
House Party Dancing GIF by Amazon Prime Video

As you were.

Someone like Rosas (and Pickett to a lesser extent) popping up is exactly why re-signing Menzies so early was a stupid move. No club would be trying to poach him and we just blinked.
Nah, that's kinda stupid logic.

Everyone knows we needed another small forward regardless of Menzie getting another year. Menzie can play despite the popular opinion on here. He had a poor year that nobody denies. His first year and a half were good and giving him a one year deal allows him the chance to prove himself again. There are plenty of players who've been on the list longer than should get cut before him.

Bringing in Rosas wouldn't change that.

Nah, that's kinda stupid logic.

Everyone knows we needed another small forward regardless of Menzie getting another year. Menzie can play despite the popular opinion on here. He had a poor year that nobody denies. His first year and a half were good and giving him a one year deal allows him the chance to prove himself again. There are plenty of players who've been on the list longer than should get cut before him.

Bringing in Rosas wouldn't change that.
Yes, it would have. If we bought in Rosa, there's no way we would re-sign Menzies.

My point is - what was the point in re-signing him so early? He's clearly a limited player and on the fringe. Exactly zero clubs would try and poach him.

Davey, Davey, Kako, Menzies, Gresham, Guelfi and potentially Rosas...that's a lot of list spots used on small forwards, half of which are middling at best.

Yes, it would have. If we bought in Rosa, there's no way we would re-sign Menzies.

My point is - what was the point in re-signing him so early? He's clearly a limited player and on the fringe. Exactly zero clubs would try and poach him.

Davey, Davey, Kako, Menzies, Gresham, Guelfi and potentially Rosas...that's a lot of list spots used on small forwards, half of which are middling at best.

It's poor list management no matter how you try and spin it.
Yeah, we would have. We can still bring in Rosas and Menzie would have been signed anyway.

We re-signed him to give him a chance at returning to the form before this year. I get that you haven't rated Menzie from the get go but come on.

Alwyn looks more of an outside mid than small forward. Jayden is a long shot and might not be on the list next year. Guelfi is OOC and might request a trade.

You don't like Menzie so you think it's poor list management. Giving a one year deal to a guy who's 21 and previously shown to be AFL capable is fine. It's not panic stations.

Yeah, we would have. We can still bring in Rosas and Menzie would have been signed anyway.

We re-signed him to give him a chance at returning to the form before this year. I get that you haven't rated Menzie from the get go but come on.

Alwyn looks more of an outside mid than small forward. Jayden is a long shot and might not be on the list next year. Guelfi is OOC and might request a trade.

You don't like Menzie so you think it's poor list management. Giving a one year deal to a guy who's 21 and previously shown to be AFL capable is fine. It's not panic stations.

Don't think he's complaining about the re-sign, more the timing of when it happened. Nobody stands to gain from doing it mid year when so much water needs to go under the bridge. As he said nobody else was knocking

Remove this Banner Ad

Recruiting AFL Trade & Free Agency XII - 💰💰💰

Remove this Banner Ad

Back