Recruiting AFL Trade & Free Agency XII - 💰💰💰

Remove this Banner Ad

Stringer would be a good addition to Collingwood. Smaller, faster forward line puts less pressure on Stringer to chase. They have higher quality training standards to keep him in check.

A De Goey / Stringer Fwd/CBA pivot would be quite dangerous, and perhaps unlock more freedom for Nick Daicos at centre clearances.

People acting like stringer leaving won’t effect anything. He kicked 40 goals and was in centre bounce plenty. He’s also one of the only exciting players in our team for us fans, I’m for trading him along as it’s not the only player traded out.

Without stringer we are a worse team and product to watch and won’t get much draft capital in return. If we are trading stringer let’s also trade some of 2mp parish Shiel setterfeild Langford and leverde.

People acting like stringer leaving won’t effect anything. He kicked 40 goals and was in centre bounce plenty. He’s also one of the only exciting players in our team for us fans, I’m for trading him along as it’s not the only player traded out.

Without stringer we are a worse team and product to watch and won’t get much draft capital in return.
Just my 2c - Stringer was genuinely exciting to watch when we got him, but really since that purple patch where he was one of the best in the comp (2022 iirc), he's been more frustrating and inconsistent. Watching him bob up once a month for a good game gets tiring. I don't think his body can play consistent football at this stage.

If we are trading stringer let’s also trade some of 2mp parish Shiel setterfeild Langford and leverde.
I'd happily trade all of them in a heartbeat, although I'd want to keep Langford.

Without stringer we are a worse team and product to watch and won’t get much draft capital in return. If we are trading stringer let’s also trade some of 2mp parish Shiel setterfeild Langford and leverde.
Who's acting like that?
A few people have said they're happy to bottom out. I am.

Who's acting like that?
A few people have said they're happy to bottom out. I am.
Bottom out yes I agree. But trading stringer gets us nothing much in return trade wise, I’d rather see us build up on this list rather than just trade stringer and go slightly backwards.
It’s either trade stringer plus others and truly bottom out or try and keep everyone and add to the list.

I genuinely like Stringer - I get why some don’t, but 40 goal forwards don’t grow on trees. He’s got a huge entertainment factor and seems to really love Essendon.

But - I think the forward line would function far better if you just remove Stringer and insert Kako. If we’re going to play Caddy as well as Wright or Draper, then the Langford/Stringer duo doesn’t fit/work.

Four forwards at 192cm+ doesn’t work in the modern game.

I think this example works far better:

FF: Guelfi Draper Kako
Hf: Rosas Caddy Langford
7th: Perkins

It might be worse/kick less goals in 2025 without Stringer, but I think that’s a much better balance moving forward.

I like Stringer, I don't think I've seen him fully fit, get him hard fit and he's a gun.

Sounds like the club is standing firm on 1 year deals for Jake.
And Laverde potentially let go after next year

I couldnt agree more with the clubs stance on this.

Understand that hind, Laverde and stringer were zachs best mates at the club but it’s about winning premierships.

Club apparently has told jake and lav if they want longer term deals, they can look elsewhere.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Not sure I’ve seen many acting like that to be honest. What people are seeing is that our list build is far from perfect and we need to make some bold moves at the trade table to get us back on track. Status quo ain’t cutting it if you hadn’t noticed already…

And yes I’ve advocated to have all 2MP, Parish, Shiel and Laverde on the trade table. Langford I’d good but Setters ain’t worth a roll of strapping tape…

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Seems like standing firm on contracts is something we only recently discovered. I don't really remember us telling a player to look elsewhere if they didn't like what we were offering until Mass got traded.

Maybe Dodoro was great at signing players because he was a soft touch who gave them whatever they asked for.

Seems like standing firm on contracts is something we only recently discovered. I don't really remember us telling a player to look elsewhere if they didn't like what we were offering until Mass got traded.

Maybe Dodoro was great at signing players because he was a soft touch who gave them whatever they asked for.
Are you suggesting things worked out well with our approach with Mass?

Remove this Banner Ad

Recruiting AFL Trade & Free Agency XII - 💰💰💰

Remove this Banner Ad

Back