Recruiting AFL Trade & Free Agency XII - 💰💰💰

Remove this Banner Ad

Its Happening Ron Paul GIF

Dons fans, where is this Stringer to Collingwood chat coming from?!

Wouldn’t be against it.
Aside from your board....

Seems from Twomney Stringer hit a clause for a 1 year extenuation to his contract. He wants a longer contract we seem like we are only prepared to go one year at a time.
Match winner at his best but can be lazy.

Add our forward line is a little too tall a guess maybe he is looking at his options.

I can't really blame him. He came up in a culture that accepted this shit.
Fair call.
I think it is very ordinary from Zac.
It’s why missing out on Josh Dunkley doubly hurt the bombers.
He would have been captain I reckon.
I almost think players with any remnants of the scandal are tainted a little by what is acceptable.
I wonder how his conversation was leaked?

Fair call.
I think it is very ordinary from Zac.
It’s why missing out on Josh Dunkley doubly hurt the bombers.
He would have been captain I reckon.
I almost think players with any remnants of the scandal are tainted a little by what is acceptable.
I wonder how his conversation was leaked?
Yep. The leak is the disappointing part.

It’s also entirely possible the whole thing was blown out of proportion.

The media would have zero issues turning a mild comment like “shame you’re not prepared to give them a longer contract” into “captain criticises coach”

Zac would be upset that it's a sign the club believe they won't be seriously competing in his timeframe.

I think this is the reasonable interpretation and fits a little more with what we know of Zach.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Scott spoke about an 8 year window when he started. This is now year 3

Presumably Zac wants to be additive to the talent level of the team and losing 2 AFL standard players who have both shown the requisite physicality for finals seems a big loss. Especially since the return for them would likely be quite insignificant.

Makes a lot of sense why he would speak up especially since they are friends.

2025 could conceivably be laverde and stringers last year.
Lots of good players are on one year contracts each year as they get to their late 20s.
I hope Zac Merrett does not turn into Ryan Griffin but the culture of the club has to change and players who perennially lose cannot dictate who stays and who goes.

Man this supporter base is so fickle, zach has been the best leader this club has had for ages and all it takes is a beat up article from mcclure of all people, and an anonymous post from a pies supporter and you're all turning on him.
Merrett isn't part of the cultural problem he's the panacea to it.
I could really understand Zach being pissed off at the moment. He copped a hard tag all season and marginally missed out on all Aus in one of his best seasons in the comp because the majority of his teammates shat the bed.

Now at 28 he is seeing moves that potentially make his team worse list wise.

I could really understand Zach being pissed off at the moment. He copped a hard tag all season and marginally missed out on all Aus in one of his best seasons in the comp because the majority of his teammates shat the bed.

Losing Laverde does not make us worse.

Losing Laverde does not make us worse.

Sure it does. He’s a good depth player who can function as a 7th defender fairly well in good side. Plus he’s durable and tough.

Ideally he’s not best 22 because you are healthy and Ridley/Reid/Hayes/Cox are all in front of him.

you can plug him into a good side and feel confident he will give you effort and physicality.

How could losing Laverde and Jake "the cake" Stringer, possibly make us worse?
If either want out then thanks for your services and all the best for the future

Sure it does. He’s a good depth player who can function as a 7th defender fairly well in good side. Plus he’s durable and tough.

Ideally he’s not best 22 because you are healthy and Ridley/Reid/Hayes/Cox are all in front of him.

you can plug him into a good side and feel confident he will give you effort and physicality.
Unfortunately we've got him plugged into a not so good side

Remove this Banner Ad

Recruiting AFL Trade & Free Agency XII - 💰💰💰

Remove this Banner Ad

Back