Recruiting AFL Trade & Free Agency XII - 💰💰💰

Remove this Banner Ad

How could losing Laverde and Jake "the cake" Stringer, possibly make us worse?
If either want out then thanks for your services and all the best for the future
Maybe because we now have to replace 40 goals. Where are they coming from?

Don't get me wrong, I'm happy to see them both go, but the point of this potentially making us worse in the short term is entirely valid. Those players need to be replaced by others who are equal or better before we improve. It is conceivable that we get worse. Accept it. It's part and parcel of a list turn over.

I’m not assuming Stringer or Lav are gone.

Personally I’d very much prefer both are there next year … for the goals & for KPD back up. But like the approach taken. This is what a mature organisation does.

May be black or white - stay or go.

May also be part of a mature negotiation that takes into account over the offseason : player movements, outside interest, counter offers (money per season v term, incentives on performance / games etc).

So we still have

Jones, Goldstein, Kelly, Davey and Weideman left uncontacted?

Jones and Setterfield I would be happy to be resigned.

Davey can have another year if he is moved to the rookie list.

Goldstein to retire.

Kelly and Weeds delisted please. (Although I am braced for resigning both)
Agree with this but I'd be chasing Davies to replace Setterfield.

One of Hobbs, Tsatas, Shiel, Parish simply has to be on the trade table. Not only to rebalance the lis but to garner draft picks the big red fire truck sold away for some stupid reason.

If Hobbs to Collingwood is true then pick 20 (Noble > GoldCoast trade) must come into question. Understand it is a slight loss (was taken at 13 or whatever, time to do what the club needs not to win:lose trade week) and that could come into it.

Kako bid comes in and gets eaten up and pushes back out 2nd and 3rd picks would come close enough to each other imho. Would give us a nice little haul to work with.

Shiel to St.Kilda for pick 43

take a delisted free agent or someone from the state leagues who has been tearing it up and the rebalance could progress much quicker than many could give credit too.

Pick 8 - Harvey Langford
Isaac Kako bid match
Pick 28 - Tom Sims / Jonty Faul
Pick 30 - Cooper Hynes
Pick 43 - Archer Day Wicks

Jayden Nguyễn (Cắt B)

Leave a spot open for a pre season selection

Rookie a running half back,

5 picks inside 50, not bad..

what on earth are you trying to say? this is absolute gibberish.

The topic at hand in relation to Scott was that he was clashing with Merrett (allegedly) over a percieved notion that he was being steadfast in not giving Lav and Stringer, and possibly other players, more years and not bowing to player's demands (including Merrett's).

One trait we've seen in the past few coaches is them doing the opposite. Thus, Scott would be aware of that and where they've ended up and in knowing that the opposite of what we've been doing is more likely to ensure his survival it is therefore understandable that he would be as ruthless, to the point that our players are not used to it (and will percieve it as "mean"), and is something we need to back in as a group.

Man this supporter base is so fickle, zach has been the best leader this club has had for ages and all it takes is a beat up article from mcclure of all people, and an anonymous post from a pies supporter and you're all turning on him.
Merrett isn't part of the cultural problem he's the panacea to it.

Take a breath mate

Someone said it was troubling and another said it was ordinary

(Log in to remove this ad.)

To be honest I would be embarrassed to even act like I deserved more if I was Lav. The amount of times he stunk it up or cost us games can't be counted on 6 hands. It shows a complete lack of self awareness and no evidence that he thinks he needs to improve. I get that he wants to secure the bag and all but c'mon. We should not have personalities like that around the club.

Man this supporter base is so fickle, zach has been the best leader this club has had for ages and all it takes is a beat up article from mcclure of all people, and an anonymous post from a pies supporter and you're all turning on him.
Merrett isn't part of the cultural problem he's the panacea to it.

If we didn't have Merrett in the side we would finish in the bottom 2. That's pretty certain.

However even great players can be wrong sometimes. And, in this case he is wrong (if the allegation is true).

Main list has 35 players. Rookie list 3 and no Cat Bs.
Minimum 2 of J.Davey, Goldstein, Kelly, Setterfield and Weiderman need to be moved (to to pasture or rookie list) - to give the 3 picks for the draft.

A lesser-known father-son may get a look as a cat B if they get through the draft. I'd also have a look at an oversized American.

Maybe because we now have to replace 40 goals. Where are they coming from?

Don't get me wrong, I'm happy to see them both go, but the point of this potentially making us worse in the short term is entirely valid. Those players need to be replaced by others who are equal or better before we improve. It is conceivable that we get worse. Accept it. It's part and parcel of a list turn over.
They're both keeping us good enough to finish mid table and aren't part of any future premiership tilt so why not trade them out?

I come in peace - bombers are my second team (family).
42 goals is a good return for any mid sized forward, particularly given that Stringer swings through the mids too.
I feel like the bombers issue is a dominant KPF and some quality smalls. Need a tippa type - fast, good pressure and dynamic. All the top 4 have great smalls - Papley, Rioli, Cameron, Stengle and how about the Hawks small.
Do you guys feel like Gresham has been underwhelming?

Last edited by a moderator:
I come in peace - bombers are my second team (family).
42 goals is a good return for any mid sized forward, particularly given that Stringer swings through the mids too.
I feel like the bombers issue is a dominant KPF and some quality smalls. Need a tippa type - fast, good pressure and dynamic. All the top 4 have great smalls - Papley, Rioli, Cameron, Stengle and how about the Hawks small.
Do you guys feel like Gresham has been underwhelming?

We need a lot of things.
We need a key forward and a few good smalls as you say (currently rocking with zero afl quality ones for the most part).

But then we also have an entire backline that can’t kick the ball, and struggle a fair bit with one on one defense. In addition, we struggle with any sort of defensive transition as a team, which leaves our already average defenders vulnerable.

Besides that - we’re golden.

The Reid thing is surely us just keeping an iron in the fire. Could not see him getting out of the Eagles this year.

My prediction is this trade / FA period will be quiet for us.

Remove this Banner Ad

Recruiting AFL Trade & Free Agency XII - 💰💰💰

Remove this Banner Ad

Back