Recruiting AFL Trade & Free Agency XII - 💰💰💰

Remove this Banner Ad

Ok, Each time I do this it ends up changing but lets have a look. I am happy to do a simple trade period now that a lot of the dead weight has left. Just improve areas and bank the two first round talents.

Retire/Delist: Heppell, Kelly, Baldwin, Hind, Hunter and Wanganeen - Already gone.

Re-Sign: Jones (two years) Davey, Weideman, Setterfield and Goldstein (one year) - Jones getting his body right nets him two years. Davey gets one more year as a rookie. Goldstein is a third ruck/coaching role. Weideman and Setterfield are pure depth instead of taking last dregs of the draft.

Upgrade: Menzie - Has the contract so moves to the main list instead of taking a guy late in the draft.

Delist and put on the rookie list: J Davey - Gets 1 more year on the rookie list to prove he can make it

Free Agent Signing: Harry Cunningham from Sydney for three years - Entice him with some extra money in the first season or two. Is 30 years old but is durable and a great defender. Is a quiet leader and can drive some standards.

Trade: A future 4th for Malcom Rosas from the Suns - Speedy forward who kicks goals. Is a need and worth a punt for how cheap it will be.

Trade: Shiel to Collingwood for #50 - Points for Kako and opens up midfield space for Hobbs/Tsatas.

Draft: Take picks #8, #28, #50 into the draft. - Take Tobie Travaglia to learn under Cunningham and be a weapon off half back for us. #28 and #50 will be used to get Kako. Menzie as an upgrade the last pick. We would also use our first rookie pick which I would use on another back flanker.

Best 22

FB: McGrath McKay Ridley

CHB: Redman Reid Cunningham

C: Martin Merrett Duursma

CHF: Rosas Caddy Guelfi

FF: Langford Draper Kako

R: Bryan Durham Caldwell

IC: Stringer Jones Parish Roberts

Sub: Gresham

The Rest

FB: Weideman Laverde Lual

CHB: Travaglia Hayes Cox

C: El-Hawli Tsatas Roberts

CHF: Menzie Wright Perkins

FF: Davey Visintini Davey Jr

R: Goldstein Setterfield Hobbs

IC: RD#1 VFL VFL VFL

Ok, Each time I do this it ends up changing but lets have a look. I am happy to do a simple trade period now that a lot of the dead weight has left. Just improve areas and bank the two first round talents.

Retire/Delist: Heppell, Kelly, Baldwin, Hind, Hunter and Wanganeen - Already gone.

Re-Sign: Jones (two years) Davey, Weideman, Setterfield and Goldstein (one year) - Jones getting his body right nets him two years. Davey gets one more year as a rookie. Goldstein is a third ruck/coaching role. Weideman and Setterfield are pure depth instead of taking last dregs of the draft.

Upgrade: Menzie - Has the contract so moves to the main list instead of taking a guy late in the draft.

Delist and put on the rookie list: J Davey - Gets 1 more year on the rookie list to prove he can make it

Free Agent Signing: Harry Cunningham from Sydney for three years - Entice him with some extra money in the first season or two. Is 30 years old but is durable and a great defender. Is a quiet leader and can drive some standards.

Trade: A future 4th for Malcom Rosas from the Suns - Speedy forward who kicks goals. Is a need and worth a punt for how cheap it will be.

Trade: Shiel to Collingwood for #50 - Points for Kako and opens up midfield space for Hobbs/Tsatas.

Draft: Take picks #8, #28, #50 into the draft. - Take Tobie Travaglia to learn under Cunningham and be a weapon off half back for us. #28 and #50 will be used to get Kako. Menzie as an upgrade the last pick. We would also use our first rookie pick which I would use on another back flanker.

Best 22

The Rest

Attachments

• 347f4c62-7037-4bd3-ba30-abb53a994eee_text.gif
    347f4c62-7037-4bd3-ba30-abb53a994eee_text.gif
    477.3 KB · Views: 28

Best 22

The Rest

Great effort. Too much work for me! 😆

Dimma in one of his post matches explicitly said he was guilty of not being able to get the most out of Lukosius. So it is at least a partial case of him looking for greener pastures and less showing the door, and they have already said the door is not closed on him staying if the right deal can’t be struck.
The difference is he made a decision on Luko after one season. When I posted, before I saw the Kelly announcement, we were still faffing around on some of ours. Some would say we still are.

You’d be relying on an injury prone Ridley and Reid, a yet to debut Hayes and a rookie to cover our key defensive posts? Brave
We would be keeping stock for the sake of it. This is what keeps us in mediocrity. Rip the bandaid off and either back in the youth or go all in.

Keeping Weidemann to me, looks like we aren't game enough to go "all in"

I agree.
Do you have any names to float out there?
If we want more competitive players who could replace the likes of Kelly and Laverde James Barrat is one who has had a very solid last month or so. Heaps of forward half players to consider from interstate aswell like Cody Angove, Ned Bowman, Jacob Newton and Hamish Davis.

It’s hard to see who will actually be available in the later parts with such an even crop I imagine plenty of talented kids will get undrafted.

Youd want to keep one of Baldwin, Weideman or Laverde on the list or bring in a mature age KPD

Malcom Rosas
Ryan Angwin

Are the 2 moneyball options we must get

Think we should be enquiring about Petracca again and offering up guys like Shiel, 2MP, Parish, Stringer, H.Jones 2nd Round pick combination. Unlikely but worth the question

Also think we should be trying to stack the F2/F3s and see if we can trade back in post Kako bid

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Maybe because we now have to replace 40 goals. Where are they coming from?

Don't get me wrong, I'm happy to see them both go, but the point of this potentially making us worse in the short term is entirely valid. Those players need to be replaced by others who are equal or better before we improve. It is conceivable that we get worse. Accept it. It's part and parcel of a list turn over.
Think of goals as being a product of inside 50s rather than specific players and you will feel better.

Our I50 conversion rate was terrible this year. Partly because our forward line was unbalanced and dysfunctional. Would that very low conversion percentage go down further because Stringer is gone and won't kick his 2.3 goals a game? I'd say it's at least an even money chance to improve if Stringer goes because suddenly other players will be targeted, plus hopefully we will have some small forwards who can get amongst it.

Think of goals as being a product of inside 50s rather than specific players and you will feel better.

Our I50 conversion rate was terrible this year. Partly because our forward line was unbalanced and dysfunctional. Would that very low conversion percentage go down further because Stringer is gone and won't kick his 2.3 goals a game? I'd say it's at least an even money chance to improve if Stringer goes because suddenly other players will be targeted, plus hopefully we will have some small forwards who can get amongst it.
If that happens, great.
I'm not concerned either way. The guy is 30 years old and won't be part of our next premiership side either way.

Youd want to keep one of Baldwin, Weideman or Laverde on the list or bring in a mature age KPD

Malcom Rosas
Ryan Angwin

Are the 2 moneyball options we must get

Think we should be enquiring about Petracca again and offering up guys like Shiel, 2MP, Parish, Stringer, H.Jones 2nd Round pick combination. Unlikely but worth the question

Also think we should be trying to stack the F2/F3s and see if we can trade back in post Kako bid
Angwin signed until 2026 yesterday. Not sure he really qualifies as a moneyball type, at best you're getting a solid defensive wing.

If we're targeting GWS fringe players I think Fahey and Stone are better fits for us. Like Stone in particular, feels like he's on the arc of a failed half forward to a good half back.

We would be keeping stock for the sake of it. This is what keeps us in mediocrity. Rip the bandaid off and either back in the youth or go all in.

Keeping Weid doesn't influence our ceiling at all and it doesn't strand us anywhere it simply provides cover for injuries so we can actually field a team in the highly likely circumstance Reid cannot stay on the park.

Faffing around the edges of the list means **** all for where this team is going to end up so there isn't too much to really he upset by these types of changes keeping bit part players with an eye of depth. We aren't naming him our starting key back.

The mistakes that stranded us in mediocrity have been made with core players signed to massive deals already.
Some interesting stances made on key pieces lav and stringer give reason to be hopeful the club knows where it's at.

Keeping Weid doesn't influence our ceiling at all and it doesn't strand us anywhere it simply provides cover for injuries so we can actually field a team in the highly likely circumstance Reid cannot stay on the park.

Faffing around the edges of the list means **** all for where this team is going to end up so there isn't too much to really he upset by these types of changes keeping bit part players with an eye of depth. We aren't naming him our starting key back.

The mistakes that stranded us in mediocrity have been made with core players signed to massive deals already.
Some interesting stances made on key pieces lav and stringer give reason to be hopeful the club knows where it's at.
How many games did Weiderman play while Reid was out injured? Weiderman is only needed as a backup if we lose Laverde.

Weideman will only stay if Laverde goes. Nothing wrong with having a cheap body plying VFL. There is not a lot of experience left in the KPD department if both go. It would be the same situation as Goldstein. Plays VFL. Is an experienced body if needed. Bare minimum he helps the VFL side as he is good at that level.

Remove this Banner Ad

Recruiting AFL Trade & Free Agency XII - 💰💰💰

Remove this Banner Ad

Back