Recruiting AFL Trade & Free Agency XII - 💰💰💰

Remove this Banner Ad

And we don't have many picks in it.

I think the rule now is that any picks beyond the 4th round don’t appear until needed. In theory if we want to pick into the 5th round our pick would slot in at the back of the queue and so on.

I think that’s how it works

So where are we at list wise. Goldy hepp Kelly retired, Wanganeen, hind and Baldwin delisted.
With potential of leverde Hobbs and stringer moving too.

Who else? Weiderman?
Surely we must have a trades in mind, because we aren’t gonna go this deep into the draft.
What are we trading out?

Do we trade futures to get back in?

Just delay the "we don't have the picks" problem for another year maybe.
With the likely change of trading for picks 2 years into the future I could see us and many clubs making the next few years draft as a problem to worry about in those few years to try and get the most out of whatever that draft or trade period provides

I know we don't have the picks and 8-10 spots available (yet 🙏), but if we did, would you be more comfortable picking 8-10 from this draft as opposed to some of the more recent drafts?
Definitely feel we could get a few decent players late in the draft, we did well getting Roberts so late last year but I feel the top 40 from this year is a lot stronger than last year. We should still look to improve the list with some mature options from other clubs if possible

Just thinking on the Harley Reid front. Next year when we can trade future picks, I imagine most teams will want to offload their Tassie draft picks, so trading future first rounders in that year is a good idea.
And the Eagles will want picks in the Tassie draft and lose Reid ?
I think it may be players and a very early pick.
Wonder how much Reid likes Tasmania.

Maybe reading too much into what may be obvious list changes but the West Coast influence appear strong. Basically getting rid of anyone that cant play a kick mark brand. Heppel, Kelly, Hind; Stringer, Lav being floated, but retain Guelfi.

Whoever lands Mac Andrew will have a generational talent.

He is Dustin Fletcher on steroids.

I have him miles in front of Harley Reid even.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He has a contract so he has to be traded if he decides to move.

what we get for him is a whole other story.
The contact has been triggered but I thought they said he wasn't signing it or something. Made it sound like he needed to agreed to accepting the trigger. Guess not

The contact has been triggered but I thought they said he wasn't signing it or something. Made it sound like he needed to agreed to accepting the trigger. Guess not

I think the contract is there the issue is Stringer wants 2 years the trigger was for 1. We've said you want a longer deal you're welcome to look around.

Just listening to Edmund. Interesting Stringers management thought it was optional but the club insisting he's under contract
Somebody will look quite incompetent….

Just listening to Edmund. Interesting Stringers management thought it was optional but the club insisting he's under contract

I might be mistaken but I don’t think stringer is a free agent.
Just out of contract
To quality for free agency you have to have played 8 years at one club, this is only year 7 for stringer.
So while he is out of contract, he would still need to be traded, can’t just walk to whoever he wants.
As stated what we get back though is another story

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Two thoughts…

1) Move Weidemann on. Don’t care if Lav stays, don’t care about depth. Move him on. Going to be harsher than I typically like to be….he’s uncompetitive and mentally weak, unable to consistently get the best out of himself. Has shown this for what….best part of 10 years? He’s not depth and he’s not a mentor a la Goldy. Move him on.

2) If Reid is committed to West Coast he’s not taking meetings with Rosa. WCE would know if he’s in for the long haul or not - if he’s out they lose nothing by pulling the trigger now. He’ll land them a Kings ransom and turbo charge their list development. Draft is a deep one by all accounts, we can also send them decent WA talent in addition to picks. We should be into WC every year and throwing the kitchen sink at this.

Not so sure about that. Lot of water to go under the bridge yet. I doubt he would have decided after 1 season. Probably makes the decision sometime next season.

And we're not giving those campaigners my boy.
My sense has always been WCE took him regardless knowing the epic haul he’d bring if/when he goes. My guess is he does his contract at most and possibly leaves before then.

Your boy, my boy…..there is no boy on the list I’m unwilling to include in the trade. I’ll throw my first born in if need be (noting that his purpose in the trade is unclear) 😂

Two thoughts…

1) Move Weidemann on. Don’t care if Lav stays, don’t care about depth. Move him on. Going to be harsher than I typically like to be….he’s uncompetitive and mentally weak, unable to consistently get the best out of himself. Has shown this for what….best part of 10 years? He’s not depth and he’s not a mentor a la Goldy. Move him on.

2) If Reid is committed to West Coast he’s not taking meetings with Rosa. WCE would know if he’s in for the long haul or not - if he’s out they lose nothing by pulling the trigger now. He’ll land them a Kings ransom and turbo charge their list development. Draft is a deep one by all accounts, we can also send them decent WA talent in addition to picks. We should be into WC every year and throwing the kitchen sink at this.
Ricky Dyson Guelfi and a 3rd

Remove this Banner Ad

Recruiting AFL Trade & Free Agency XII - 💰💰💰

Remove this Banner Ad

Back