Recruiting AFL Trade & Free Agency XII - 💰💰💰

Remove this Banner Ad

My sense has always been WCE took him regardless knowing the epic haul he’d bring if/when he goes. My guess is he does his contract at most and possibly leaves before then.
No doubt. Your guess is as good as mine I suppose. Think it'll come down to whether he enjoys being the Prince of Perth and the centrepiece of The West Coast Harleys going forward.

No doubt. Your guess is as good as mine I suppose. Think it'll come down to whether he enjoys being the Prince of Perth and the centrepiece of The West Coast Harleys going forward.
I get the sense he would love being the prince of Perth

Trade update from Tom Morris.

Other clubs sniffing around Hobbs but we want to keep him. Pies may be interested in 2MP, but probably don’t have the trade capital.

Mac Andrew would be so good in our side. Absolute gun and tore us apart twice this year. Unfortunately I don't believe we can do a deal for him now that we have McKay.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Has there ever been a stronger top 5 than the 2021 draft?

1. JHF
2. Sam Darcy
3. Finn Callaghan
4. Nick Daicos
5. Mac Andrew

All of them are guns and potential generational players in their positions.
Imagine if we had the foresight to trade one of our 2020 top 10 picks for Pies future first at the time. Giants made the trade for only pick 24/30 and a future 4th. Pies pick ended up being pick 2 in 2021

Imagine if we had the foresight to trade one of our 2020 top 10 picks for Pies future first at the time.

JHF, Darcy and Daicos were always going to the Dogs and Pies, and Calla isn't exactly a world beater/is made to look better with the other prospects in that list. And, even then, we probably would've botched that pick too.

Now, imagine if we did go through with giving two 2020 first rounders for Dunkley. Would've been the perfect one-two punch with Merrett.

55.png

Nevertheless I'm still holding out hope that at least one of the 3 in 2020 can come good.

Trade update from Tom Morris.

Other clubs sniffing around Hobbs but we want to keep him. Pies may be interested in 2MP, but probably don’t have the trade capital.
So basically what eth-dog already said days ago.

Have heard club is putting alot of time into swingman Wade Derksen

Issue is he is contracted but what can GWS ask for when theyre playing Keefe over him

Taylor also missed plenty of football and didnt get the call up

Id say if we can land him then 2MP/ Lav/Weidemand/ Stringer ect could be easier to move out

Last edited:
400k for Stringer does seem a little low tbh ngl. It's a little embarrassing. But he did initially agree to it. 🤷‍♂️

Some murmurs that Geelong could creep into his ear (take with a grain of salt). However living in the West is an easier commute to Tulla than Kardinia.
Stringer seems like the kind of guy who needs a low base with a bunch of cash incentives based on attaining skinfolds, 2km results, goals, goal assists and tackles

Remove this Banner Ad

Recruiting AFL Trade & Free Agency XII - 💰💰💰

Remove this Banner Ad

Back