Recruiting AFL Trade & Free Agency XII - 💰💰💰

Remove this Banner Ad

Why are Melbourne not going after 2MP?

And what pick do fans here generally need for 2MP to be happy to let him go

Bryan, Draper and 2MP are never going to play in the same side if Caddy is there

Don’t think there’s any pick that would be worth it.

Maybe a future 2nd from North.

Would rather they find/target a player who’s a better fit with the team who’s similarly on the outside at their club despite being pretty good.

Tom morris reporting today that Perryman wants to play midfield.
Likely to go as he hasn’t signed yet but it would be more about role than it will be money

I would love him in my team but overall consensus in here is that he would just slot into our half back with all our defenders going out.
If it’s midfield he wants then not sure he’s realistic when we’re struggling to fit in Hobbs and tsatas as it is and probably need to trade Shiel out just so one of those guys can get some time in there.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Likely to go as he hasn’t signed yet but it would be more about role than it will be money

I would love him in my team but overall consensus in here is that he would just slot into our half back with all our defenders going out.
If it’s midfield he wants then not sure he’s realistic when we’re struggling to fit in Hobbs and tsatas as it is and probably need to trade Shiel out just so one of those guys can get some time in there.

I'd take him as a mid in a heartbeat. Defensively sound, really tidy user. IMO the major reason we dropped off late in the year was the fatiguing of Caldwell and Durham in the last 7 weeks requiring us to bring in the depth of Shiel and the returning Parish. Which completely blew out our scores against from stoppage. We were like 2nd or 3rd at the half way mark of the year and ended up 12th.

If we could get Shiel and Parish out, he'd be an amazing addition.

I'd take him as a mid in a heartbeat. Defensively sound, really tidy user. IMO the major reason we dropped off late in the year was the fatiguing of Caldwell and Durham in the last 7 weeks requiring us to bring in the depth of Shiel and the returning Parish. Which completely blew out our scores against from stoppage. We were like 2nd or 3rd at the half way mark of the year and ended up 12th.

If we could get Shiel and Parish out, he'd be an amazing addition.
I dont have an issue with Shiel/parish being part of the rotation (moreso shiel as he provides a different dimension with his explosive clearance exits) but I do have to question how the coaching team used them (and stringer) in the back half of the year. Seemed to fall back on old bad habits instead of sticking with the midfield blueprint we had early in season. Similarly they started to use Duursma in backline when he was a real driver of our early season improvement as a pure wing.

True - and at times forgets to pack his hands. (More like cricket bats.)
If he played cricket he would be known a iron gloves.

He's also reported this ...

“With Malcolm Rosas, they’ve told him to have a look if he wants, but I think he would prefer to stay at the Gold Coast Suns, he’s contracted for next year.

Either he's making shit up or Rosa's hasn't been delisted Afterall

He's also reported this ...

“With Malcolm Rosas, they’ve told him to have a look if he wants, but I think he would prefer to stay at the Gold Coast Suns, he’s contracted for next year.

Either he's making shit up or Rosa's hasn't been delisted Afterall

I never thought nor heard that to be the case.. where was that actually reported that he was delisted?

I just thought he was free to look around

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I never thought nor heard that to be the case.. where was that actually reported that he was delisted?

I just thought he was free to look around

Was reported somewhere 5 or so days ago. Maybe Fox sports. I remember reading it not long after the free to look around stuff came out.

Laverde is required, and contracted. If Reid and Ridley were durable then probably not required. Im letting him go for sure if he wants to because he's gone over and above to perform in the face of our unbalanced list and our misuse of him. But im not jumping for joy to be ridding the list of him at this stage. If he's played as medium in a team with 2 talls and good ball users already he could thrive for 2 or 3 years as a tough lock down medium that can intercept. He's not the reason we are shit

They could without Jones, Cox and Stringer.

HF Langford Caddy Merrett
F Kako Wright A Davey

R Bryan

INT Draper

Jones and Cox need a year in the VFL playing key position. They're nowhere near the players we need them to be and shouldnt be anywhere near the best 22 with the form they showed to finish the year.

If Jones can outperform either of Caddy or Wright he can take a key forward spot. Or he's decent Langford back up
Maybe and its a very minor minor maybe

Caddy should never leave the side for a long long time unless injury

Harry Jones id like to see forward again. Hes what 24 before next season, he should either be traded, played or trialled elsewhere. Not VFL/backup as an expectation in the off season. If thats the view then he should be traded now

People forget what he was doing as the main man forward earlier in the season. That should be entertained again

Don’t think there’s any pick that would be worth it.

Maybe a future 2nd from North.

Would rather they find/target a player who’s a better fit with the team who’s similarly on the outside at their club despite being pretty good.
Any future earlish future 2nd (teams that didnt make finals)

Unless we know Draper is leaving in 12 months time and we are keeping as backup

Maybe and its a very minor minor maybe

Caddy should never leave the side for a long long time unless injury

Harry Jones id like to see forward again. Hes what 24 before next season, he should either be traded, played or trialled elsewhere. Not VFL/backup as an expectation in the off season. If thats the view then he should be traded now

People forget what he was doing as the main man forward earlier in the season. That should be entertained again
No ones forgotten. They moved him to wing to try and fit everyone in because he's good runner. The only spot for him is key position or 3rd tall imo. Langford is first choice 3rd tall forward and Ridley is/should be first choice 3rd tall defender. That equals knock the door down in the VFL and outperform Wright or Caddy. I agree Caddy is the future so it really is out of Wright and Jones for me as full forward if everyone is fit. Draper is the perfect impact Ruck/Fwd to compliment Bryan who should now be our number 1. I think they already think he is.

What happened to stringer?
Perkins kick 40 goals?
Not necessarily for or against trading Jake

I think id probably take the cats F2 though

Look we cant replace goals straight away but i dare say Kako and Caddy would make up for a bit of it. Possibly Martin half forward aswell if we can get Perryman, draft a half back

No ones forgotten. They moved him to wing to try and fit everyone in because he's good runner. The only spot for him is key position or 3rd tall imo. Langford is first choice 3rd tall forward and Ridley is/should be first choice 3rd tall defender. That equals knock the door down in the VFL and outperform Wright or Caddy. I agree Caddy is the future so it really is out of Wright and Jones for me as full forward if everyone is fit. Draper is the perfect impact Ruck/Fwd to compliment Bryan who should now be our number 1. I think they already think he is.
Yeh, so i dont see

Playing all of Caddy, Draper, Bryan, 2MP/HJ, Langford

Fwd/Ruck as alleviating any of our current issues we have

With that, your at times going to have 2MP and Draper sitting in the forward line together with 1 of Caddy or Langford

We should be looking to ideally cash in on a Harry Jones or 2MP although his value has dropped a bit

Laverde is required, and contracted. If Reid and Ridley were durable then probably not required. Im letting him go for sure if he wants to because he's gone over and above to perform in the face of our unbalanced list and our misuse of him. But im not jumping for joy to be ridding the list of him at this stage. If he's played as medium in a team with 2 talls and good ball users already he could thrive for 2 or 3 years as a tough lock down medium that can intercept. He's not the reason we are shit
Is that you Jayden?

Remove this Banner Ad

Recruiting AFL Trade & Free Agency XII - 💰💰💰

Remove this Banner Ad

Back