Recruiting AFL Trade & Free Agency XII - 💰💰💰

Remove this Banner Ad

Yeh, so i dont see

Playing all of Caddy, Draper, Bryan, 2MP/HJ, Langford

Fwd/Ruck as alleviating any of our current issues we have

With that, your at times going to have 2MP and Draper sitting in the forward line together with 1 of Caddy or Langford

We should be looking to ideally cash in on a Harry Jones or 2MP although his value has dropped a bit
If you have 3 smalls with this its fine.

Its when we had 2MP, Cox, Perkins, Jones, Langford, Draper, Goldstein and Stringer in the team together with Gresham as the small that we had issues

Rick Ross I'm confused, can you clear this up for me?
Ok, ok, it’s simple math with some basic logic overlayed for the dunderheads out there:

1. Exit a Stringer - stringer version on a one year contract when he’s fit and motivated with marginal improvement in f50…
-53 goals

2. Improved F50 balance - where other players get better delivery …
+37 goals

3. Perkins steps in to stringer role - form improves but still a flighty whipping boy
+12 goals

4. Less boof head - opposition are less distracted by Stringer antics, bad tattoos etc
-7 goals

5. Merret is sad - he misses his great mate Stringer and as a tribute to him, refuses to kick at goal (gets one by mistake passing to Langers)
-13 goals

That’s -24 goals if Stringer leaves.

Last edited:

Last edited:
Scott Gullan reckons the cats are now interested in Laverde. Reckons the saints have put pick 43 on the table.

Get it done Dodo
The article says he floated the idea that 43 would be about the fair price. And he's not far off i would think.

The article says he floated the idea that 43 would be about the fair price. And he's not far off i would think.
Yeah I edited my post. I’m very tired 😪

Ok, ok, it’s simple math with some basic logic overlayed for the dunderheads out there:

1. Exit a Stringer - stringer version on a one year contract when he’s fit and motivated with marginal improvement in f50…
-53 goals

2. Improved F50 balance - where other players get better delivery …
+37 goals

3. Perkins steps in to stringer role - form improves but still a flighty whipping boy
+12 goals

4. Less boof head - opposition are less distracted by Stringer antics, bad tattoos etc
-7 goals

5. Merret is sad - he misses his great mate Stringer and as a tribute to him, refuses to kick at goal (gets one by mistake passing to Langers)
-13 goals

That’s -24 goals if Stringer leaves.
You forgot to carry the zero

IMG_5907.JPG

Fox doing their best to create a mountain out of a molehill honestly, “messy” ?

They asked for an extension, we replied - you have a contract for next year, if you would like more years feel free to explore your options.

It’s really not that messy. Just trying to keep that “Essendon are a shambles” type of energy and headline until they can’t no more.

Ralphy has been pushing the stringer agenda with like 3 different articles now in space of a couple days haha robbie d’razio must have him on his books

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

That made me laugh
Look at how solid Zerk-Thatcher has looked for Port and how poor McKay looked at times for us this year.

All Australian might be a bridge too far, but I have no doubt Laverde will look a whole of a lot better in a system that isn't as poor as ours is at times.

If you have 3 smalls with this its fine.

Its when we had 2MP, Cox, Perkins, Jones, Langford, Draper, Goldstein and Stringer in the team together with Gresham as the small that we had issues

Issue is we dont have 3 capable quick smalls

Kako probably only one we likely get

But still were wasting away a HJ or 2MP out of the side. Id make hay while the sun shines and get an early F2 if we can rather than giving Stringer for a pick around the ~35 range

Rather have a 30 yr old as depth compared to a 24 and 27 year old

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We are going to be very young next year with Heppell, Hind and Kelly departing and Stringer, Laverde, Goldstein potentially going as well.

That is potentially 6 of the top 8 oldest players on the list this year gone.
Goldy is contracted

But yeh agree, its a refresh/rebuild. These older guys didnt get the job done, not much point keeping them when younger guys can achieve a similar ball park result next year

Issue is we dont have 3 capable quick smalls

Kako probably only one we likely get

But still were wasting away a HJ or 2MP out of the side. Id make hay while the sun shines and get an early F2 if we can rather than giving Stringer for a pick around the ~35 range

Rather have a 30 yr old as depth compared to a 24 and 27 year old
Id take a an F2 for either if they requested a trade. Its more about us showing that we are now going to start building a balanced list and playing a balanced side with players in natural positions. That we are not going to sign players to ridiculous contracts or extend early just because. We still need to draft another contested marking key forward to pair with Caddy eventually. For now we have either Wright or Jones to be his sidekick. You're not forcing one out just because they aren't going to be guaranteed AFL every week. More than half of the list is not guaranteed AFL every week. Its not wasting away its developing and becoming a player that is undroppable. Both Wright and Jones have serious flaws so big pre season and battle for the 2nd tall forward spot.

Look at how solid Zerk-Thatcher has looked for Port and how poor McKay looked at times for us this year.

All Australian might be a bridge too far, but I have no doubt Laverde will look a whole of a lot better in a system that isn't as poor as ours is at times.

I strongly disagree.

BZT actually showed good ability as a defender and was reliable one-on-one and efficient with the ball. Francis has better skills and decision making than Laverde, all be it lacks competitiveness but how’s Sydney working out for him?

Laverde does not have the attributes BZT has. He gets beaten by smaller opponents e.g. Cameron, and at 28 years of age he is still making dumb decisions and turns the ball over easily with poor skills.

Heart and courage can only carry you so far when your primary objective is too defend and dispose of the ball correctly.

He’s not AFL standard, he’s a liability and dead wood that needs to go. The fact there are 3 clubs interested in him is an absolute gift from God.

I strongly disagree.

BZT actually showed good ability as a defender and was reliable one-on-one and efficient with the ball. Francis has better skills and decision making than Laverde, all be it lacks competitiveness but how’s Sydney working out for him?

Laverde is dies not have the attributes BZT has. He gets beaten by smaller opponents e.g. Cameron, and at 28 years of age he is still making dumb decisions and turns the ball over easily with poor skills.

Heart and courage can only carry you so far when your primary objective is too defend and dispose of the ball correctly.

He’s not AFL standard, he’s a liability and dead wood that needs to go. The fact there are 3 clubs interested in him is an absolute gift from God.
But are there 3 clubs with interest? If there are 3 clubs with interest, one must wonder whether they watch Essendon games.

Let's say all of Shiel, Stringer, Parish, Laverde, Weideman, Draper and Setterfield are no longer at the club next year along with all the others already gone (with perhaps Baldwin the exception). We add Rosas, Dante Visentini (still a fan of his) and Josh Sinn as well as a bunch of first year players. That would equate to over 1,400 games of experience lost. Our average games played would drop to 53.

Not saying anything either way but that's what the reality of the situation is

Remove this Banner Ad

Recruiting AFL Trade & Free Agency XII - 💰💰💰

Remove this Banner Ad

Back