Recruiting AFL Trade & Free Agency XII - đź’°đź’°đź’°

Remove this Banner Ad

I see the reasons the club would be willing to let Stringer go, but his 30-40 goals a year will be hard to replace from the current list.
That's great. Forces us to develop a forward line around players who don't have a short term expiration date. And when it doesn't work and we lose more games because of it we'll be rewarded with a draft pick that allows us access to potential top talent.

Jake helping us finish 11th is the last thing we need, that's what his 42 goals do.

That's great. Forces us to develop a forward line around players who don't have a short term expiration date. And when it doesn't work and we lose more games because of it we'll be rewarded with a draft pick that allows us access to potential top talent.

Jake helping us finish 11th is the last thing we need, that's what his 42 goals do.
Same could be said for Langford who will be 28 when he next pulls on the sash. I think we could get a first round pick for him.

I agree that it's hard to get a 40 goal forward.

BUT, our forward line structure was absolute dog water with him in it. We were way too tall. One of the main reasons we get rebounded against easily is we're too tall, and another reason our inside 50 conversion was so bad was because we're too tall. There isn't enough room for Langford & Stringer in the same forward line

Again, I said I get the reasons why you would move him on, just that our already low scoring forwardline will get worse in the short term and I hope people are ready for that.

We need to get quicker in the forward half though and replacing Stringer with an additional small will help.

I would also like to Perkins play 23 games as a dedicated HFF next year. His skill set really lends himself to being a mismatch up forward as he is a powerful overhead mark for his size and too nimble for taller defenders, so his taking Stringers role might work.

Same could be said for Langford who will be 28 when he next pulls on the sash. I think we could get a first round pick for him.

Again, I said I get the reasons why you would move him on, just that our already low scoring forwardline will get worse in the short term and I hope people are ready for that.

We need to get quicker in the forward half though and replacing Stringer with an additional small will help.

I would also like to Perkins play 23 games as a dedicated HFF next year. His skill set really lends himself to being a mismatch up forward as he is a powerful overhead mark for his size and too nimble for taller defenders, so his taking Stringers role might work.
If we never take a step backwards we will never take any steps forward the short term pain for the long term gain of rebalancing our forward structure will be worth it

I'm happy to trade every player on our list besides Caddy, Caldwell, Durham, Duursma, Martin and Merrett. And I could be convinced to trade some of them for the right offer haha.

I confess upfront I love Jake, he makes footy fun to watch. But its obvious we need a change in the forward line as we have too many mid/key sized lead up forwards and not enough zippy smalls or physical contested grab talls. Personally I wouldve tried to shop wright around instead but at least Rosa and co are looking to change things up.

What is worrying me is this sudden wave of negative news leaking out re Stringer/Merrett etc, I thought Scott and Merrett were supposed to be on same page but this seems very "old essendon" and leads me to believe the murmuring re Scott being a good political operator are true.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Pies wanting Pick12 for John Noble….surely a delusional pearler
(But hey…it is Gold Coast so it is worth asking because they are not immune to doing dumb shit at this time of the year)

Pies wanting Pick12 for John Noble….surely a delusional pearler
(But hey…it is Gold Coast so it is worth asking because they are not immune to doing dumb shit at this time of the year)
If they're genuinely asking for 12, they're just hoping the Suns settle and offer 20

thought I read Rosas was likely to go to Brisbane?
I haven't seen him linked to Brisbane. Plus it'd be a bizarre career move for him, moving to a place with better small forwards than the club he can't get a game for

I haven't seen him linked to Brisbane. Plus it'd be a bizarre career move for him, moving to a place with better small forwards than the club he can't get a game for
According to this article Riley Beveridge suggested it on one of the Gettable segments. Not that definitive though.

UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE ARE WE TO BE TRADING OUT OUR FUTURE PICKS WITHOUT IT IMPROVING OUR DRAFT HAND
I mean we haven't traded our F1 ever before, not sure why you would need to boldly shout that statement.

Remove this Banner Ad

Recruiting AFL Trade & Free Agency XII - đź’°đź’°đź’°

Remove this Banner Ad

Back