Recruiting AFL Trade & Free Agency XII - đź’°đź’°đź’°

Remove this Banner Ad

Noble to Suns
Stringer to Pies
Rosas and 46 to Essendon
Christian Bale Swag GIF

Name me the A/B+ players currently acting as depth in the AFL.

Laverde is perfectly fine as a depth player. The problem was that we were forced to use him all the time. I would have liked Hayes to be given a go but With Reid/Ridley/Baldwin all injured we were pretty thin.

Not against him moving at all but would also be fine with him playing 4-8 games a year as a depth player should.
IDK, there were a few at Cats playing VFL that are B+ at least that can't get into the seniors.

If we go and recruit more players externally, we really haven’t learnt a lot. We have been on a slow trajectory north with fatigue imho, setting in late hence the drop off. Continue to build through the youth and draft, if someone who fits the age / list profile wants to come consider it but we shouldnt actively be going after more C - graders. Hasn’t worked well for us in the past and set us back years.
I don't mind C graders - rebuilding takes time. I don't want to pay through the nose for older players. I'd rather go through the lower leagues looking for young talent or draft. If there are young players in the AFL, happy to look at those if they're cheap. Short contracts. Hit the draft. Find out if they can play. Dispense with if not. Look at free agents. Rinse repeat.

Malcolm Rosas turns 24 next year and has plenty of good football left in him and exactly the type of small forward we need. Will be a bargain as well. Jaxon Prior from Brissy has shown a bit as a half back flanker but can't get a game at 23. Alex Davies from Gold Coast as a 193 cm inside mid at 22. We should be targeting these types of players.
I'm keen on Davies but apparently he has recommitted / is recommitting to Suns for two years.

Only Future i would want traded was next years F1 for a round one pick this year anything else then the club would be trying to fold itself

Even then, gambling on us improving with the suspected outgoings we’re likely to face? No thanks. We could genuinely be bottom 4

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't mind C graders - rebuilding takes time. I don't want to pay through the nose for older players. I'd rather go through the lower leagues looking for young talent or draft. If there are young players in the AFL, happy to look at those if they're cheap. Short contracts. Hit the draft. Find out if they can play. Dispense with if not. Look at free agents. Rinse repeat.

Offering untried players should be our MO

Only exception is if Goldy retires, go and grab a lump of a lad somewhere to fill #3 rucking banana

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reef McInnes out of contract. 13 goals from 9 games, a few sub, but struggled to be productive outside of that. Similar forward type role to Stringer. Would people be happy with a straight swap or don't want him?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Reef McInnes out of contract. 13 goals from 9 games, a few sub, but struggled to be productive outside of that. Similar forward type role to Stringer. Would people be happy with a straight swap or don't want him?
Would rather a pick personally, give Rosa a chance to pick some players even if its 3rd round onwards

I was interested in him in his draft year, but nah I'd pass.

The 2020 draft was a disappointing draft in hindsight.

I think I'd take him, he's got good pace for 6'4. Back problems first year set his tank back, so he's only done like 2 preseasons. I think he could work interchangeably with Caddy pushing up the ground. Might be the preseason that makes that step forward.

Would rather a pick personally, give Rosa a chance to pick some players even if its 3rd round onwards

The pick gets chewed up by the Kako bid. Say Kako gets a pick 15 bid, we get 10% off discount, about 1000 points are needed. Our pick 30 and their third which comes in a few after the Lombard and Ashcroft bids 45ish is gone. Our next is 82.

The pick gets chewed up by the Kako bid. Say Kako gets a pick 15 bid, we get 10% off discount, about 1000 points are needed. Our pick 30 and their third which comes in a few after the Lombard and Ashcroft bids 45ish is gone. Our next is 82.
Hopefully we have a few picks in place after the trade period. Enough to cover Kako points and then a couple in the 40s 50s. Theres a few names being floated, Draper, Hobbs, Wright, Laverde, Parish, Stringer, Shiel etc so will wait and see what happens. Reef doesn't excite me though as a lead up half forward/3rd tall. We have Langford, Perkins, Cox, Jones etc

Hopefully we have a few picks in place after the trade period. Enough to cover Kako points and then a couple in the 40s 50s. Theres a few names being floated, Draper, Hobbs, Wright, Laverde, Parish, Stringer, Shiel etc so will wait and see what happens. Reef doesn't excite me though as a lead up half forward/3rd tall. We have Langford, Perkins, Cox, Jones etc

If we are to get a bunch of third rounds I'd look to trade out of the second round in this draft. Considering the interest in the top 30ish of this draft, I wonder if we could turn it with our future second into a future first and let the later picks take the Kako points value.

If we are to get a bunch of third rounds I'd look to trade out of the second round in this draft. Considering the interest in the top 30ish of this draft, I wonder if we could turn it with our future second into a future first and let the later picks take the Kako points value.
Hopefully we have some things in place to take as much advantage of Kako situation. Maybe trade back in after the bid is matched

Hopefully we have some things in place to take as much advantage of Kako situation. Maybe trade back in after the bid is matched

Given the strength of depth in this draft, that seems unlikely to happen, unless you give ridiculous overs which I wouldn't want to. I think the comp will be expecting us to have a top 5 pick next year.

Remove this Banner Ad

Recruiting AFL Trade & Free Agency XII - đź’°đź’°đź’°

Remove this Banner Ad

Back