Recruiting AFL Trade & Free Agency XII - 💰💰💰

Remove this Banner Ad

Given the strength of depth in this draft, that seems unlikely to happen, unless you give ridiculous overs which I wouldn't want to. I think the comp will be expecting us to have a top 5 pick next year.
We'll see what happens during the trade period (once again we are discussing already instead of playing finals) but to go back to your original question, not interested in a swap of Reef for Stringer. If you were looking at a player swap id be looking for a small forward.

What is worrying me is this sudden wave of negative news leaking out re Stringer/Merrett etc, I thought Scott and Merrett were supposed to be on same page but this seems very "old essendon" and leads me to believe the murmuring re Scott being a good political operator are true.

Looking back to when Barham came to the club (might have been just after they appointed Scott as coach) he said something along the lines of “we are big club and require an experienced coach to understand and manage the complexities that come with it” (heavy ad-lib-ing).
Looking back, it seems that he was referring euphemistically to the overtly political nature of the club, particularly the backstabbing / underhandedness of dodo and sheedy types. it has taken 2 years, but this might actually be a watershed moment for the club.

We'll see what happens during the trade period (once again we are discussing already instead of playing finals) but to go back to your original question, not interested in a swap of Reef for Stringer. If you were looking at a player swap id be looking for a small forward.

No small forwards at Collingwood worth it. Richards has some interest around the comp but not for mine.

Would still love to be able to turn pick 8 into pick 9 and 10 (Richmond)

Pick 8, 28 and Stringer(F2)

The worry would be a bid just beforehand on Kako and wed have to have contingencies (Potentialy just passing) and i mean its the same threst whether you have 1 pick there or 2

9, 10 and Kako would be amazing

Jagga
Smilie
Finn Osullivan
Langford
Bo Allen
Sid Draper
H.Armstrong
Lalor
Bo Allen
Murphy Reid

Give me 2 of the above and Kako

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What is worrying me is this sudden wave of negative news leaking out re Stringer/Merrett etc, I thought Scott and Merrett were supposed to be on same page but this seems very "old essendon" and leads me to believe the murmuring re Scott being a good political operator are true.
Scott made his way the most important job in the AFL behind CEO. He is obviously a good political operator.

Could not be happier with the way things are going off field right now.

If Zach is unhappy, he can choose between his gaming + clothing brand friends (Laverde, Stringer & Hind) or on field success. Knowing how much of a competitor he is, I think he'll get over losing some friends.

This is based on the assumption that Stringer would kick more than 40 goals two years in a row, something he hasn't done in the last 8 years, and that somehow he would buck that trend at 31.

If he goes to Sydney, he'll be their leading goalkicker next year. Presuming he's uninjured.

If he goes to Collingwood he'll kick 40, with their midfield supply.

If he goes to Sydney, he'll be their leading goalkicker next year. Presuming he's uninjured.

What's your point? My own grandma would be a consistent goal kicker with Sydney's midfield.

If he goes to Collingwood he'll kick 40, with their midfield supply.

Debateable. He'd just be another 30+ player on an already inconsistent list predominantly made up of 30+ year olds.

Nevertheless, nothing you've said has addressed the fact that Stringer has not kicked 40+ in back to back seasons since 2016 and has not played more than 20 games in back to back seasons since then either. To make claims as if it's a certainty that he'd do a 180 despite being 31 and fatter requires more than just faith. Unfortunately Stringer has fooled us twice already, a 1 year offer makes the most sense considering his history.

What's your point? My own grandma would be a consistent goal kicker with Sydney's midfield.

Debateable. He'd just be another 30+ player on an already inconsistent list predominantly made up of 30+ year olds.

Nevertheless, nothing you've said has addressed the fact that Stringer has not kicked 40+ in back to back seasons since 2016 and has not played more than 20 games in back to back seasons since then either. To make claims as if it's a certainty that he'd do a 180 despite being 31 and fatter requires more than just faith. Unfortunately Stringer has fooled us twice already, a 1 year offer makes the most sense considering his history.

I understand your points and stats, and I agree in a 1 year offer. I wouldn't be too upset to trade him. Nic Cox should slot in there.
But I'd be very surprised if he didn't lead Sydney or Collingwoods goalkicking next year. It's probably more likely than not.

Last edited:
Scott made his way the most important job in the AFL behind CEO. He is obviously a good political operator.

Could not be happier with the way things are going off field right now.

If Zach is unhappy, he can choose between his gaming + clothing brand friends (Laverde, Stringer & Hind) or on field success. Knowing how much of a competitor he is, I think he'll get over losing some friends.
If the friendship disolves because the company let them go, they're not actually friends.

It's amazing to me that Collingwood is interested in Stringer. They obviously think their window is still open, which will make the fall even better. They'd be setting up a retirement village over there.

It's amazing to me that Collingwood is interested in Stringer. They obviously think their window is still open, which will make the fall even better. They'd be setting up a retirement village over there.
It actually screams of Essendon 02-05.

Next Collingwood finals win in 2044.

It actually screams of Essendon 02-05.

Next Collingwood finals win in 2044.

I just love how fly likes him because he impacts games sporadically

“Craig McRae in particular has a keenness on him coming into the club. Because he kicks goals and he impacts games sporadically."

Say what? Are we calling that a positive now?

Sporadic, adj : flakily occurring at irregular intervals or only in a few scattered or isolated places.

Well, atleast they didn't call me fat...

Remove this Banner Ad

Recruiting AFL Trade & Free Agency XII - 💰💰💰

Remove this Banner Ad

Back