Recruiting AFL Trade & Free Agency XII - đź’°đź’°đź’°

Remove this Banner Ad

I just love how fly likes him because he impacts games sporadically

“Craig McRae in particular has a keenness on him coming into the club. Because he kicks goals and he impacts games sporadically."

Say what? Are we calling that a positive now?

Sporadic, adj : flakily occurring at irregular intervals or only in a few scattered or isolated places.

Well, atleast they didn't call me fat...

Degoey and Stringer in the same team would be a laugh.

unless McRae can somehow line up their moments of uselessness and get 1 full game of awesomeness. doubtful

I just love how fly likes him because he impacts games sporadically

“Craig McRae in particular has a keenness on him coming into the club. Because he kicks goals and he impacts games sporadically."

Say what? Are we calling that a positive now?

Sporadic, adj : flakily occurring at irregular intervals or only in a few scattered or isolated places.

Well, atleast they didn't call me fat...

Coaches are coaches at the end of the day, they see the game winning highs and they believe they can raise the floor.

He would be a perfect fit at the pies tbh, with Melbourne a close second, I reckon it would be a laser show.
He and Degoey rotating and ripping games apart for patches.
When Pies hit the switch and start a comeback seeing Stringer slot goals would be box office.
I'd like to see it.

It's amazing to me that Collingwood is interested in Stringer. They obviously think their window is still open, which will make the fall even better. They'd be setting up a retirement village over there.

I kinda get it.

After next year, it in all likelihood is going to be a fairly rapid decline, you would think.

It's a bit of a throw at the stumps, but I like having one last crack at it with the current side. I don't think they'll be missing too many next year from the same group that won the flag last year.

Definitely a long shot, but might as well go out guns blazing.

This is the clearest messaging so far that we are going to blow up the list and start again. I'm all for it and I hope that we finally do this properly. We've hamstrung ourselves with ridiculous contracts to Parish and McGrath but it is what it is ... Strap in and let's see what they do from here

I would add Redman and an injury prone Ridley to this list. Really bizarre decisions for a team supposedly in a rebuild phase.

A very dangerous game to be playing considering the current situation and with Tassie just around the corner.

Maybe, but I think it's worth it for another crack at a flag. They've already signed up all their old guys again (Pendles, Steele, Howe), Stringer actually kinda does fit for them.

It's a win for all parties (us, Pies & Stringer) imo if it eventuates.

I would add Redman and an injury prone Ridley to this list. Really bizarre decisions for a team supposedly in a rebuild phase.

This is the clearest messaging so far that we are going to blow up the list and start again. I'm all for it and I hope that we finally do this properly. We've hamstrung ourselves with ridiculous contracts to Parish and McGrath but it is what it is ... Strap in and let's see what they do from here

Hoping so sad thing is that if we did it right the first time back in 2016 onwards we would not be in this awkward position but glad its finally seeming to be acknowledged and acted upon

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We were a bottom 4 side last half of the season so we’re already there!

i know we didn't finish 14-18 but really, we were a "bottom 4" side the entire year, it was crystal clear as early as round 8 when we barely been a completely inept west coast.

the early fixture was in our favour and some results went our way.

We were never anywhere near as good as the media made us out to be.

This isn't going to get better if people are not going to be black and white about where we are and continually sugar coat stuff. Including us fans.

The only thing that pisses me off more than us playing like *******s, is fans who give this club constant outs when they perform terribly. it really is the worst. Positivity at the sake of reality = insanity.

Last edited:
Would still love to be able to turn pick 8 into pick 9 and 10 (Richmond)

Pick 8, 28 and Stringer(F2)

The worry would be a bid just beforehand on Kako and wed have to have contingencies (Potentialy just passing) and i mean its the same threst whether you have 1 pick there or 2

9, 10 and Kako would be amazing

Jagga
Smilie
Finn Osullivan
Langford
Bo Allen
Sid Draper
H.Armstrong
Lalor
Bo Allen
Murphy Reid

Give me 2 of the above and Kako
Any reason why Bo Allen is on this list twice?

Hoping so sad thing is that if we did it right the first time back in 2016 onwards we would not be in this awkward position but glad its finally seeming to be acknowledged and acted upon
We could have done this many times in the past but have never really accepted where we are (the club I am referring to)
These guys in charge are supposed to be the adults in the room...
But they have completely failed to 'read the room' over & over.
I, myself have been strapped in ready for this rebuild for years... I think a majority of the fans have been too (but all to no avail - with many, many, mediocre, neither here nor there seasons) and are now so ****ing fed up with it.
Apathy prevails!

Yep 1 step back to go 2 forward

I think all that means is we will look to trade experienced guys like Stringer, Shiel this year. Draper in next 12 months/Gresham 24 months. I do also hope we consider exploring 2MP if a top 20 pick is offered this year

Think theyve realised the Perkins, Cox, Reid, Tsatas, Hobbs, Davey, Menzie group aint what we may have hoped for it to be at this stage

it would be pretty classic Essington to have drafted/assembled a good young team and then trade away half the team before they hit their primes because you don’t believe in them…

Then they go on to be pretty good elsewhere.

Hopefully we just let go of the obvious not best 22 players (Jake/Lav) and 1-2 of the mid logjam guys. (parish, Sheil, Whoever)

Back in the talent on the list and be additive rather then overly destructive

it would be pretty classic Essington to have drafted/assembled a good young team and then trade away half the team before they hit their primes because you don’t believe in them…

Then they go on to be pretty good elsewhere.

Hopefully we just let go of the obvious not best 22 players (Jake/Lav) and 1-2 of the mid logjam guys. (parish, Sheil, Whoever)

Back in the talent on the list and be additive rather then overly destructive
Thats all it will be

There would have to be concern around some of what Perkins, Cox, Menzie, Hobbs produced this year as quite mature guys now who in most cases were given opportunity

Remove this Banner Ad

Recruiting AFL Trade & Free Agency XII - đź’°đź’°đź’°

Remove this Banner Ad

Back