Recruiting AFL Trade & Free Agency XII - 💰💰💰

Remove this Banner Ad

Y'all better keep this energy if we finish bottom four next year. If I see even one of your bitch about it, I'll be so ****ing mad.

On SM-G991B using BigFooty.com mobile app

I think there's different ways to finish bottom 4.

Finishing bottom 4 with Tom Cutler on a wing = bad

Finishing bottom 4 with Archie Roberts on a wing = good

Also is Jake Riccardi worth a look for us or nah?
Yes. We need a key forward. I’d rather a younger one from the draft with legit key forward height but Riccardi plays wel close to goal. He’d put selection pressure on 2MP. I’d still rather get one in the draft but he could be a decent cheap option.

we winning a flag in the next 2-3 seasons with Jake?

The more I think about trading Stringer, the more I believe it's the right decision.

I firmly believe we need to give Nik Cox the opportunity to play as a mobile key forward. And letting Jake go would create that.

Cox looks a natural as a forward the handful of times he's played there. Can take a grab, can lead up the ground. Good kick for goal on both feet. He and Caddy could be a great combo.

Thing I don’t get about Setters is why he doesn’t rest forward more vs Wing/HB as his 2nd position.

Big body, Decent mark capable kick. Why wouldn’t ya play him in that role

He's not overly quick, don't think he'd be that hard to defend. Medium / Tall defenders would have the size and strength to nullify his height, whereas coming out of the midfield he's generally on smaller guys.

Yeah not so much.

Probably would have won more games with setters in the side over Jake.
I agree. Setters finished with what, 6 games at the back end of the season in the VFL? Personally I’d have preferred him to parish for balance, but we went predictably small.
In the back of my mind, I wonder if setters can go forward like Cripps and take a few marks / kick a few goals. I think it’s possible.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He's not overly quick, don't think he'd be that hard to defend. Medium / Tall defenders would have the size and strength to nullify his height, whereas coming out of the midfield he's generally on smaller guys.

This is your 6th option forward we’re talking about. He has an advantage over your small defenders (2/6 or 3/6 defenders) and only needs 1 goal a game from a defensive error where someone who can easily defend him loses track of him because they are focused on other players and bam that’s a 20 goal a year forward.

Just had to be good enough to accumulate possesion in a dangerous spot.

If other teams are game planning him as a forward you have already won.

This is your 6th option forward we’re talking about. He has an advantage over your small defenders (2/6 or 3/6 defenders) and only needs 1 goal a game from a defensive error where someone who can easily defend him loses track of him because they are focused on other players and bam that’s a 20 goal a year forward.

I don't recall him ever having any particular forward nous, he's kicked 14 goals in his career (71 games).

I don't think it's a thing.

Another slow medium forward that has limited forward craft. No thanks.

I’d like to see 2 of Shiel parish or setters traded. If they are not we might as well see what we can get for Hobbs this trade period, because if he doesn’t want out during this period he will definitely want out after another season played forward

Your memory mustn't be so good:

R11 2023 v Eagles, 50 pt Win
R1 2023 v Hawks, 59pt Win
R20 2022 v North, 48pt Win
R18 2022 v Suns, 48pt Win
R22 2021 v Suns, 68pt Win
R17 2021 v Adelaide, 63pt Win
R10 2021 v North, 72pt Win
R3 2021 v Saints, 75pt Win
LoL 😆
Does he give a ****? Who cares how much we win a game by in the end we have
accomplished diddly
769ce4ce-7242-403d-8b34-ee0fc5a977bc_text.gif

I miss Jake Kelly 😔

Bring him in!

The more I think about trading Stringer, the more I believe it's the right decision.

I firmly believe we need to give Nik Cox the opportunity to play as a mobile key forward. And letting Jake go would create that.

Cox looks a natural as a forward the handful of times he's played there. Can take a grab, can lead up the ground. Good kick for goal on both feet. He and Caddy could be a great combo.
Nik Cox
pointing-laughing-hahaha.gif

Hawks were meant to be bottom 3 this season. Inject youth and pace and let’s see what happens over the next 2-3 years.
Last time we did this, we got into trouble.

Harry Morrison please

Remove this Banner Ad

Recruiting AFL Trade & Free Agency XII - 💰💰💰

Remove this Banner Ad

Back