Recruiting AFL Trade & Free Agency XII - 💰💰💰

Remove this Banner Ad

Stringer is basically the only bull cb midfielder we have. He’s also our forward lines hardest match up. Any imbalance in the side is due to other lesser players. Stringer still a top 5 player in our side and clearly one of Scott’s go to guys. It will be a net negative losing him.
I haven't seen Stringer pushing guys over much like he was a couple of years back. He tries but its less and so is the burst that he had. I think the end is coming sooner than later and probably from a combination of his junior leg injury and not looking after his body like he could have.

Stringer is basically the only bull cb midfielder we have. He’s also our forward lines hardest match up. Any imbalance in the side is due to other lesser players. Stringer still a top 5 player in our side and clearly one of Scott’s go to guys. It will be a net negative losing him.

Stringers about 40% of a midfield bull. Need better cardio to get that title.

Just because he’s the closest thing we have doesn’t mean he’s proficient at the role. If he was we’d be a much better side. See our game vs Collingwood where he effectively played that role and everything started to fall into place.

I think he’s top 5 most talented in the side. But in terms of impact just too unreliable and can’t maintain that impact long enough which pushes him down

Agree we need to find some bigger bodies for midfield (and better depth) just don’t think Jakes the answer.

Still plenty of assets out there that could benefit us

The only reason theyre picking us over others though is probably $$ which means we have to overpay

Hopefully one of these GWS boys pick us

Harry Morrison
Joe Richards
Peatling
Wade Derksen
Perryman

Would almost be happy to put 5 years to Peatling now

6 x 900 to Perryman

Stringers about 40% of a midfield bull. Need better cardio to get that title.

Just because he’s the closest thing we have doesn’t mean he’s proficient at the role. If he was we’d be a much better side. See our game vs Collingwood where he effectively played that role and everything started to fall into place.

I think he’s top 5 most talented in the side. But in terms of impact just too unreliable and can’t maintain that impact long enough which pushes him down

Agree we need to find some bigger bodies for midfield (and better depth) just don’t think Jakes the answer.
Losing him doesn’t balance the side in the slightest, because he is our best forward. Look I’m all for trading him due to his age but losing him especially for the likely return doesn’t balance our side and isn’t going to be a positive in wins in the short term.

It’s nice to put a positive spin on things but stringer is pretty important to our side.

Losing him doesn’t balance the side in the slightest, because he is our best forward. Look I’m all for trading him due to his age but losing him especially for the likely return doesn’t balance our side and isn’t going to be a positive in wins in the short term.

It’s nice to put a positive spin on things but stringer is pretty important to our side.
A 30 year old who gets unfitter as the year goes on is important to our bottom 10 side.. we’d be mad not to move him for a half decent pick

I think we are just going to disagree.

About half of Jakes goals were proximity goals. Just being open close to goal.

The other half were brilliant. Say that’s 20 goals but we just gave up so many points on the rebound having a pressure capable player in that spot like Guelfi would probably break even on total net points

How have we framed it as a fire sale ?
All we have done is say you are not getting an extension now. If you want to stay you can but that is the offer.
Not like they are jumping out of trees to offer a cheap offer and not like we are desperate to offload him because of cap space. It is simply saying to a bloke who is 30 one year deals are where we are going.
Quality asset. Not quite.

It reads slightly more wholesale than ‘we will let Stringer explore his options for the appropriate return’. To me at least.

If we put the word out and made people available the carcass would get picked pretty clean pretty quickly you’d eventually have 23 Essendon footballers making meaningful September contributions, they’d just be scattered across the other 17 clubs.

I think we are just going to disagree.

About half of Jakes goals were proximity goals. Just being open close to goal.

The other half were brilliant. Say that’s 20 goals but we just gave up so many points on the rebound having a pressure capable player in that spot like Guelfi would probably break even on total net points
Yes we will definitely disagree.

Well I’ll look forward to 35 (season tally +20) proximity goals from guilfi.

Not to mention all extra pressure based goals he creates in that one extra tackle he gets over stringer.

Combine them and should balance our forward line and get us more wins. 🤣

The only way our forward line will actually function better without Jake is if our ball movement, especially out of our defence drastically improves.

And

If that were the case Jake would only benefit from that said ball movement, but we know that it will be analysed as Jake gone equals better forward line.

Like i have said I’m happy to trade him as he is 30 and won’t feature in our next tilt. I hope Jake isn’t the only one on the trade table though, because currently he is one of the only players capable of a highlight, and his trade return won’t equate to much acceleration to our rebuild.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It reads slightly more wholesale than ‘we will let Stringer explore his options for the appropriate return’. To me at least.

If we put the word out and made people available the carcass would get picked pretty clean pretty quickly you’d eventually have 23 Essendon footballers making meaningful September contributions, they’d just be scattered across the other 17 clubs.
And no one else wants to give him a second year either. That is what it is about. We are getting burnt by a few long term deals and they do not want to give up two years on a 30 year old with a history of not being able to maintain fitness 100%. Everyone else knows the story as well. It is not a fire sale.

So I wonder how much Brent Daniels is on sale for today.

Really liked the way Isaac Cumming looked last night. Shame he seems destined for SA

If we have alot of cash which we should then id be happy for the offers to be upped towards Cumming, Peatling and Perryman to see if we can swivel a head

Really liked the way Isaac Cumming looked last night. Shame he seems destined for SA

If we have alot of cash which we should then id be happy for the offers to be upped towards Cumming, Peatling and Perryman to see if we can swivel a head

Looked like a deer in the headlights in the last quarter, has excuses though given the amount of footy he has played this year.

It helps if its a swap for Richards.
Add in any of Riccardi, Rosas & Kako. Get TMP some harden the **** up gel, we'll be a better team without stringer and his 42 goals will be easily made up for by better cohesion, attitude, fitness & a couple of better plays allround.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Recruiting AFL Trade & Free Agency XII - 💰💰💰

Remove this Banner Ad

Back