Recruiting AFL Trade & Free Agency XII - 💰💰💰

Remove this Banner Ad

It helps if its a swap for Richards.
Add in any of Riccardi, Rosas & Kako. Get TMP some harden the **** up gel, we'll be a better team without stringer.
Hi coastalpipeline ,

Please follow board rules - when mentioning Stringer you are obliged to refer to the 42 goals he kicked this year:
1 - We will be 42 goals short OR
2 - His 42 goals will be easily made up for by better cohesion, attitude, fitness, etc

Although, I suspect you are in camp 2.

Hi coastalpipeline ,

Please follow board rules - when mentioning Stringer you are obliged to refer to the 42 goals he kicked this year:
1 - We will be 42 goals short OR
2 - His 42 goals will be easily made up for by better cohesion, attitude, fitness, etc

Although, I suspect you are in camp 2.
This post should be stickied.
Although there needs to be a 'point 3' stating that discussion of the 42 goals needs to be kept as the whole 42. For the sake of unreasonable arguments to continue either all of the 42 or none of the 42 can be replaced - no fractions permitted.

Any Stringer output in 2025 will be less than 2024, then less again the year after. He has proven he cannot maintain the fitness levels required to be a high level AFL player. He has made his bed on this front and so he has to lie in the one year contract bed from here on in. Super sub next year.

On CPH2065 using BigFooty.com mobile app

Haha what a laugh click bait at its finest.

Our captain and contracted until 2027.

Keep dreaming sainties

Pick 8
Pick 9
Next years first round pick and a gun young player

Let’s see how bad you really want him

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

turbo charge the re build if it happens

pick 8, pick 9, 2025 first + a Rowan Marshall maybe

Zach is a gun, I love his leadership and the way he plays and we would be significantly worse without him, but his age doesn’t really suit our timeline and Idon’t think he is a true top 20 player in the league.
If we get the godfather offer of a couple of first rounders we should seriously consider it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Zach is a gun, I love his leadership and the way he plays and we would be significantly worse without him, but his age doesn’t really suit our timeline and Idon’t think he is a true top 20 player in the league.
If we get the godfather offer of a couple of first rounders we should seriously consider it.
Sports bet have him 5th in line for the Brownlow

I think if we sell Merrett we make a move and put almost everyone older than Ridley up for sale too, and selling Merrett without cutting harder into some of the others doesn't make sense.

Would mean that: Shiel, Stringer, Laverde, Redman, McGrath, Draper all for sale
Langford and Parish the only two older boys I'd keep

He wouldn’t be in the first 20 players id select, probably 22-30 range. Very good but not someone you turn down potentially 3 frps

The only bloke who actually leads from the front and tries to set standards.. yeah nah would full on rip the heart out of the playing list

The only bloke who actually leads from the front and tries to set standards.. yeah nah would full on rip the heart out of the playing list

You’re not wrong, it would be very hard to recover from.

If we got that kind of return though in this draft it would really advance our rebuild.

I love Zach, but it looks like his best 3 mates are gonna be gone and Essendon is looking to reset while Zachs in his prime. I don’t blame him for looking elsewhere.

If we could get 2 frp and max king or philipou I think at his age it might be something we seriously need to consider

Mega Trade:

Ess Receive:
2 x 1st round picks
1 x future 1st
Jack Steele
Cal Wilkie
Rowan Marshall
Max King
Darcy Wilson
NWM
Jack Sinclair
Mattaes Phillipou
Mitch Owens

StK Receive:
Zach Merrett
Jayden Laverde
Jake Stringer
Dylan Shiel
Sam Weideman
Will Setterfield
Peter Wright
Todd Goldstein
Jye Menzie
5th round pick
6th round pick
Future 5th

You’re not wrong, it would be very hard to recover from.

If we got that kind of return though in this draft it would really advance our rebuild.

I love Zach, but it looks like his best 3 mates are gonna be gone and Essendon is looking to reset while Zachs in his prime. I don’t blame him for looking elsewhere.

If we could get 2 frp and max king or philipou I think at his age it might be something we seriously need to consider
Who said he was looking elsewhere?

Some of you lot are insane with your baby and bathwater talk.

If Zach requests a trade to the saints, then we should let him go. We can’t have the captain held against his will, would be a disaster of epic proportions.

Take the two first rounders and have a proper rebuild.

To be clear, I’m not hoping he goes. Zach is my favourite player. But we’d have to make the best of a shitty situation.

Remove this Banner Ad

Recruiting AFL Trade & Free Agency XII - 💰💰💰

Remove this Banner Ad

Back