Recruiting AFL Trade & Free Agency XII - 💰💰💰

Remove this Banner Ad

I think a lot of people see it, but aren't willing to make the actual hard choices to expedite it.
I think that it would happen if the Essendon board was made up of Big Footy members but I would not bank on it not being a dogs breakfast :p

With not many likely trade targets, outside of below

Peatling
Joe Richards
Derksen
Rosas
Morrison
Soldo
Nathan Odriscoll

Id therefore be mainly focusing on swapping our pick 8, Stringer and Current 2nd for pick 9 and 10 and taking a risk with that

Still would like to be in a position where were attractive for free agents next year

Rayner
Balta
LDU
Ed Richards
Fogarty

Last edited:

am i the only one that sees we need a rebuild?

stringer would easily get better delivery into the ff50 at the swans.

also, that article written yesterday about Merrett, so that was basically a complete fabrication??
nah, absolutely not, mediocrity has never stopped anyone

Wade Derksen. Kicked 35 goals in the VFL last season. 23 years old at 197cm. Played defence this year. Was part of our VFL program a few years ago. Mild interest if he came cheap (or throw a second rounder at GWS and get late picks back for points).

Last edited:
Alright.

I've sorted it out guys

• Shiel to the Dogs for pick 44
  • Stringer, 28 and 44 to Sydney for 18&19 (according to draft guru this would place Stringers Value at Pick 22)

We then bundle up 18,19 and our F2 to GC for Pick 5

Pick 5, Pick 8 and Kako - Thanks

I'll see you all next season. Matt - Call me
Yep can have Laverde too if they need a sweetener

I think it's odd but the right choice pushing out a guy who's just come off his best season for several years. Who kicked 42 goals, and averaged 5.5 score involvements per game.

We need to team Caddy and Cox up for the long term.
Along with Wright, Langford, Guelfi and Kako it makes a strong forward 6.

If you gave me 20 years as our LM, the worst I'd do is equal Dodos finals win record. :greenalien:
Was reading today Andrew Mackie saying you just need to take risks and avoid being "conservative" in recruitment especially when you don't have access to the very top picks. We have kept so many plodders with low IQ that are ball butchers. Like you I hope for a decent cleanout but will be surprised if that happens as no one will want our contracted players we now want to offload.

Was reading today Andrew Mackie saying you just need to take risks and avoid being "conservative" in recruitment especially when you don't have access to the very top picks. We have kept so many plodders with low IQ that are ball butchers. Like you I hope for a decent cleanout but will be surprised if that happens as no one will want our contracted players we now want to offload.
I think there’s a conflict of interest when the LM was also heading recruiting. E.g. recruiter takes plodder with pick 6. Plodder plods for years, but LM (who also recruits plodder) doesn’t want to look bad by turfing the plodder early on.

I think it's odd but the right choice pushing out a guy who's just come off his best season for several years. Who kicked 42 goals, and averaged 5.5 score involvements per game.

We need to team Caddy and Cox up for the long term.
Along with Wright, Langford, Guelfi and Kako it makes a strong forward 6.
I think that's one tall too many so I'd go Gresham instead of Cox.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Kicked 6 goals in his two games as a forward 3 goals each

Not all set shots either one was a snap on the an angle tbh would like to see him tried as forward full time if Wright has another stinker

Last edited:
Kicked 6 goals in his two games as a forward 3 goals each

Not all set shots either one was a snap on the an angle tbh would like to see him tried as forward full time if Wright has another stinker
I feel he may have kicked a few if not most from the wing by floating in.

Can't be any worse than 2mp.Id like to see him there too if we don't get Armstrong but without Wright.

Caddy, Cox, Langford and Guelfi can mark it. Kako and Gresh smalls.

It's the only position he's done well in everytime he's played there. *I know he's only played there a couple of times. But looks a natural mobile key forward.

I disagree

Which games did he play majority forward?

I still hold hope that a full PS will give him much needed confidence, cant remember if he had that this year? dont think he did, and then keep going with the backline role

Remove this Banner Ad

Recruiting AFL Trade & Free Agency XII - 💰💰💰

Remove this Banner Ad

Back