Recruiting AFL Trade & Free Agency XII - đź’°đź’°đź’°

Remove this Banner Ad

Soldo to Saints makes a lot of sense. Marshall is very good forward and King needs support. Was wondering most of the year why they didnt try Max Heath in the ruck to allow Marshall to more time forward
realistically i'd imagine that marshall is also really strong in the ruck, so it's a bit of a loss in the middle

No, people are not misunderstanding - Everyone understands the deal that was proposed. If Sydney were to trade a future 1st round (with the 2nd coming back) they carry the risk if they drop down the ladder. There is a lot of risk attached to trading that first round pick, and they won't take it for Stringer who they could easily get without it being involved. It is only some Essendon supporters that think Stringer + F2 for a F1 is realistic (supporter bias)

I suggest you take your trade proposal to the Sydney board (or main board) and let me know what reaction you get.

Proposal was mine.

I think the Sydney board would laugh it off because every club’s fans want to get good assets for as little as possible while getting a kings ransom for their own.

You’re right that Sydney is absorbing a lot of risk here. But quite frankly being interested in stringer is an inherently risky position born of a team in a title window

Proposal was mine.

I think the Sydney board would laugh it off because every club’s fans want to get good assets for as little as possible while getting a kings ransom for their own.

You’re right that Sydney is absorbing a lot of risk here. But quite frankly being interested in stringer is an inherently risky position born of a team in a title window

Yeah, I read it as you throwing out an idea for your dream trade. I was probably a bit blunt, but there was some misinterpreting at play.
I agree, Stringer is a risk, body (fitness) wise, age deteriorating and now whatever circles he is keeping. I wouldn’t think Sydney would want to double down on that risk in case they do a Collingwood and bomb out of the 8 next year.

I could see Marshall being something like a 40/40/20 split. Soldo 60/10/30

A lot of people are also glossing over the fact it is a huge chance to go to 5 on the bench next year.
You’ll then find nearly every team playing 2 rucks.
Should have been 5 from the start, the sub is stupid.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Yeah, I read it as you throwing out an idea for your dream trade. I was probably a bit blunt, but there was some misinterpreting at play.
I agree, Stringer is a risk, body (fitness) wise, age deteriorating and now whatever circles he is keeping. I wouldn’t think Sydney would want to double down on that risk in case they do a Collingwood and bomb out of the 8 next year.

It’s a bit of a dream.

But also it’s reasonably fair in expected value and trading for Stringer in this market is pretty desperate. So you’d expect them to be taking on an elevated risk in line with that

Id be fine if we got Soldo for like a 4th rounder

Allows us greater flexability with Draper and 2MP in 12 months, if any was to leave ect or someone was chasing them hard

Zero chance for a 4th rounder.

Port gave up a freo second rounder aswell as a pick in the 40’s.

They will just hold him to contract if they don’t get something decent back lol it’s not they are stocked of elite rucks, and they are in the window.

Sweets was good of late but he’s been in and out of the team all year

I don't mind Curtis Taylor- I know getting cut from North is death but I reckon he has some value

I don't mind Curtis Taylor- I know getting cut from North is death but I reckon he has some value
I can see him being effective as a half forward in a better side, but not sure we're that side. He doesn't hit the scoreboard enough IMO

Zero chance for a 4th rounder.

Port gave up a freo second rounder aswell as a pick in the 40’s.

They will just hold him to contract if they don’t get something decent back lol it’s not they are stocked of elite rucks, and they are in the window.

Sweets was good of late but he’s been in and out of the team all year

Maybe a F3 would be my limit

No doubt his value has plummeted, but your right. Port would need to find a replacement aswell, whether Preuss is enough or there is someone else

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Maybe a F3 would be my limit

No doubt his value has plummeted, but your right. Port would need to find a replacement aswell, whether Preuss is enough or there is someone else
Better off chasing Max heath who’s now been pushed down the order at st kilda. Is a serviceable forward and competitive ruckman.

happy for us to trade Bryan for anything in the first round too. Not the type of ruckman that gets me excited.

I hope Tim Watson is wrong.

If this list is no good right down to the young group, then we are in for another 10+ years of mediocrity.
By the time we flog the dead horse/cull/rebuild and mature, it will be 10+ years. And then it has to be a successful rebuild.

I hope Tim Watson is wrong.

If this list is no good right down to the young group, then we are in for another 10+ years of mediocrity.
By the time we flog the dead horse/cull/rebuild and mature, it will be 10+ years. And then it has to be a successful rebuild.

We're pretty ****ed imo. I'm hanging my hat on having a flash in the pan type of season where we ride a momentum wave and win some finals, sustained run, I can't see that yet.

Remove this Banner Ad

Recruiting AFL Trade & Free Agency XII - đź’°đź’°đź’°

Remove this Banner Ad

Back