Recruiting AFL Trade & Free Agency XII - 💰💰💰

Remove this Banner Ad

Love how Geelong don't muck around, season ends and they delist 9, including premiership players. They know who has a future and who doesn't, they strive for their vision at all times. I don't get that vibe from us, we seem to overthink everything.

This is the first time I've seen them delist so many at once and to be fair Geelong is the 2nd oldest list in the comp and would be less inclined to keep experience/mature depth compared to us.

Also you can't compare us to their current point nor is it fair attributing the last 15 years on the current admin.

Last edited:
Interesting with Chad Warner going back home rumours if swans win.
Could we get involved to try and get into Harley Reid?
West coast get Chad warner, essendon future first and future third rounder
Essendon get Harley Reid
Sydney get west coast first rounder, essendon first rounder

Wishful thinking of course but would be an immediate injection of improvement.

Most if not all West Coast supporters are into the Chad Warner idea because they're envisioning a partnership with Reid/speeding up the rebuilding process. If you take Reid out of the equation the Warner recruitment doesn't make it worth it in their eyes to only get one first rounder back, which would probably make them tear the place down.

Interesting with Chad Warner going back home rumours if swans win.
Could we get involved to try and get into Harley Reid?
West coast get Chad warner, essendon future first and future third rounder
Essendon get Harley Reid
Sydney get west coast first rounder, essendon first rounder

Wishful thinking of course but would be an immediate injection of improvement.
Sorry for the intrusion but no club is getting Harley Reid for anything less than 3 first round selections and remember he also comes with a massive (2M) contract. A club will need to think hard of the ramifications in selecting him. Lack of future cap space, no high draft selections for 2 or 3 years and the possibility that his package causes angst/disharmony with other top players in the team. Word I’ve heard(not fact) is that he is very full of himself and mouthy. Buyer beware.

Remove this Banner Ad

Recruiting AFL Trade & Free Agency XII - 💰💰💰

Remove this Banner Ad

Back