Recruiting AFL Trade & Free Agency XII - 💰💰💰

Remove this Banner Ad

Interesting with Chad Warner going back home rumours if swans win.
Could we get involved to try and get into Harley Reid?
West coast get Chad warner, essendon future first and future third rounder
Essendon get Harley Reid
Sydney get west coast first rounder, essendon first rounder

Wishful thinking of course but would be an immediate injection of improvement.
So west coast are giving up their 1st and Reid for a future 1st and Warner 🤣 what

He’s exactly what we don’t need
He’s not a good footballer
He's a very good tagger and is hard at the ball and man. In saying that he's not flexible to play multiple positions, similar to Parish, Tsatas, Hobbs, Shiel and Setterfield which makes him the wrong player for us

Bit of a worry seeing us give new contracts to very deep depth players (Goldy, Weid, Menzie etc) when other clubs are ditching half decent players to cash in on this year's deep draft.
Stop and think about it for a second.

We have stuff all picks this draft and those guys you mentioned are not going to bring in any more if traded.

We could delist those guys but their replacements are going to be very late picks who statistically unlikely to make it as players.

I do like what we’re doing to nudge Stringer and Laverde into requesting a trade and getting some picks through the door but anything we get from them will probably be eaten up by the Kako bid.

Jaxon Prior (half back/wing from Brisbane, son of former Don Michael) and Josh Rotham linked too. Two smart acquisitions

He's a very good tagger and is hard at the ball and man. In saying that he's not flexible to play multiple positions, similar to Parish, Tsatas, Hobbs, Shiel and Setterfield which makes him the wrong player for us
He’s an okay tagger if you want to play a full time tagger in your midfield mix, we don’t need to. We’ve got Caldwell and Durham who can do roles like that and are much better footballers

He’s an okay tagger if you want to play a full time tagger in your midfield mix, we don’t need to. We’ve got Caldwell and Durham who can do roles like that and are much better footballers
I agree that we don't need him. I don't know why you're acting as if I didn't say that.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Finn McGinness, Josh Rotham and Jaxon Prior.

What a time to be an Essendon supporter.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

IMO would be good for a wing spot Finn that is great two way runner

Jaxon Prior could be a good cheap get

Would only look at Rotham if Lav leaves and if his a VFL Depth player

Bit of a worry seeing us give new contracts to very deep depth players (Goldy, Weid, Menzie etc) when other clubs are ditching half decent players to cash in on this year's deep draft.
Other clubs have more than two picks.

I’m not someone who wants to trade for/recruit big names etc… but they are some uninspiring names.

Not saying they don’t belong on an AFL list, or can’t be depth or whatever. But they don’t help with our biggest issues.

Remove this Banner Ad

Recruiting AFL Trade & Free Agency XII - 💰💰💰

Remove this Banner Ad

Back