Recruiting AFL Trade & Free Agency XII - 💰💰💰

Remove this Banner Ad

My attempt (delulu) at kako points and a list refresh.

Jake to the Swans...
19+56 for Stringer+28, pay 100% of his wage. (Possible if they think Jake's best helps their forward half issues)

Shiel to the dogs...
19+Shiel for F1st+32, Pay 100% of wage. (Lose Macrae and Smith, get a strong replacement and another top 20 pick in addition to what the cats give for smith in a strong/deep draft)

Laverde to Saints...
Lav for 43, pay 100% of wage. (Battle replacement, unlikely to happen)

Lose Jake, Shiel, Lav and 28
Bring 32, 43, 56 and F1st

Rotham, Prior and Stone possible experienced bodies we can target so we don't need to go super hard at late draft selections.

Giants have interest in Jake Stringer according to Cal on trade radio.

Reckon Giants are the best fit of the three names linked to Stringer so far.
He is a cherry on top mid size forward and they have a good mix of key forwards/zippy smalls. Dont think he solves the issue in Swans forward line.

Reckon Giants are the best fit of the three names linked to Stringer so far.
He is a cherry on top mid size forward and they have a good mix of key forwards/zippy smalls. Dont think he solves the issue in Swans forward line.
Agree, they have the speed in the front half to make up for his deficiencies. He could have a very good year for them next year.

In saying that, stringer on the small SCG would be a pretty good match I would have thought

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Jake+28 for Stone+34+49+52? Doubt GWS need that many selections, a deal like that could be possible, hopefully Rosa and Jason get along.

Also need the report about the Giants interest to be true.
Cal Twomey is pretty credible. But yeah, I think the picks you’ve outlined would work pretty well.

Jake+28 for Stone+34+49+52? Doubt GWS need that many selections, a deal like that could be possible, hopefully Rosa and Jason get along.

Also need the report about the Giants interest to be true.
I wouldn't mind that trade.

I'm coming around with the idea of Maginness too because he's young and obviously good at what he does despite the serious limitations to his game. As long as he has a defined role in the side then I can see how he'll be a net positive.

Acquire Maginness + Stone, trade Stringer and look forward to the draft. None of this Rotham and Membrey BS.

I wouldn't mind that trade.

I'm coming around with the idea of Maginness too because he's young and obviously good at what he does despite the serious limitations to his game. As long as he has a defined role in the side then I can see how he'll be a net positive.

Acquire Maginness + Stone, trade Stringer and look forward to the draft. None of this Rotham and Membrey BS.
Rotham I'm fine with because he fits an obvious need as a medium defender if Laverde leaves. He has a few years of solid footy left in him at 26 (from memory)
eth-dog or anyone else

What are our current list numbers?
So we came in with 38/4/0 on the list. With the cuts of Heppell, Hunter, Kelly, Baldwin, Hind and Wanganeen, the addition of El-Hawli plus the automatic promotion of Menzie we're at 35/2/0 with Davey, Weideman and Setterfield left OOC. Strimger, Shiel and Laverde could go too.

Ideally for me we'd go:

Out: Stringer, Laverde, Shiel, Weideman alongside the previous cuts less Baldwin (please rookie him, I love him)
In: Rotham, Prior, Stone (Think he'll be cheap, can be tagged onto a Stringer trade), then draft five players (pick 10, Kako then three rookies for all I care)

Remove this Banner Ad

Recruiting AFL Trade & Free Agency XII - 💰💰💰

Remove this Banner Ad

Back