Recruiting AFL Trade & Free Agency XII - 💰💰💰

Remove this Banner Ad

I doubt Oliver is going anywhere. Sounds like standard trade radio pump up
I’m a bit of a risk taker, but I’d look at Oliver as long as it doesn’t take our first rounders away.

I’d happily put someone like stringer 2mp parish in the trade too.

His talent is undeniable and I’d prefer him at the club for the next 5 years over parish, even though parish seems like a more stable citizen at our club.

Likely he won’t be leaving the dees though.

We will most likely finish bottom 4 next year.

Let's say we finish 14th, Draper gets plucked as a free agent and we get first round compensation.

We would have pick 4 and pick 5, you couple those with a future first and there is no one who could match that trade value for Reid.

Or ...

Come dead last. Get Pick 1, Pick 2 for Draper and walk Harley Reid through the PSD. #callmematt
bombersim

It's pie in the sky anyway, until it's not.

I’m a bit of a risk taker, but I’d look at Oliver as long as it doesn’t take our first rounders away.

I’d happily put someone like stringer 2mp parish in the trade too.

His talent is undeniable and I’d prefer him at the club for the next 5 years over parish, even though parish seems like a more stable citizen at our club.

Likely he won’t be leaving the dees though.
The last thing we need is to bring in a player with a suspected drug problem to mix it with our young players. This is why it's interesting to me that the Cats want Oliver and Smith.

Hard pass.

Let's say we finish 14th, Draper gets plucked as a free agent and we get first round compensation.

We would have pick 4 and pick 5, you couple those with a future first and there is no one who could match that trade value for Reid.

Or ...

Come dead last. Get Pick 1, Pick 2 for Draper and walk Harley Reid through the PSD. #callmematt
H.Reid is not out of contract next year. All first rounders get 3 year contracts so unless he does a JHF he won’t be available until the end of 2026.
Then we can trade 2 years in advance eg: 2026, 27, 28 first rounders 😆

The last thing we need is to bring in a player with a suspected drug problem to mix it with our young players. This is why it's interesting to me that the Cats want Oliver and Smith.

Hard pass.
✅

Pretty surprised we haven’t had a good crack at Parker tbh (maybe we did).

Surely as a club we are aware how short we are in leadership and experience.

He might be nearly done as a player but a former captain who’s played in a premiership, 5 GFs, countless finals would surely bring something that can help us.

The first thing Fagan did when he went to Brisbane is get a retired Hodge in, feels like we could benefit from something similar.

We don’t have a player on our list who has experience in long-term successful environment.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He might be nearly done as a player but a former captain who’s played in a premiership, 5 GFs, countless finals would surely bring something that can help us.

The first thing Fagan did when he went to Brisbane is get a retired Hodge in, feels like we could benefit from something similar.

We don’t have a player on our list who has experience in long-term successful environment.
We’ve probably had a crack at plenty of players but if they aren’t interested it ain’t happening

we took an alternative path and got Goldy and 2MP to tell us what North and the Suns have done wrong

Or ...

That's the spirit
Love the positive outlook

#8 and a future 1st to West Coast for pick #3 and #23 back.

Gets us way ahead of a Kako pick and the points for that bid. West Coast likely to get a player of same value at 8 as at 3 and will allow them to have two first next year for Warner.

Bid on Ashcroft if he is there and then take O'Sullivan.

#8 and a future 1st to West Coast for pick #3 and #23 back.

Gets us way ahead of a Kako pick and the points for that bid. West Coast likely to get a player of same value at 8 as at 3 and will allow them to have two first next year for Warner.

Bid on Ashcroft if he is there and then take O'Sullivan.
I wouldn’t be taking O’Sullivan if we are trading up. We don’t need to draft another small mid who isn’t going to see midfield time for years. If you want to draft O’Sullivan then parish should be getting traded

Remove this Banner Ad

Recruiting AFL Trade & Free Agency XII - 💰💰💰

Remove this Banner Ad

Back