Recruiting AFL Trade & Free Agency XII - 💰💰💰

Remove this Banner Ad

I’m a bit of a risk taker, but I’d look at Oliver as long as it doesn’t take our first rounders away.
There's no point discussing Oliver really. If he goes anywhere, he'll only go Geelong which won't happen as they won't have anything to give once they bring in Smith. He'll stay put and just see his value decrease again as it did this season I'd stay far far away

There's no point discussing Oliver really. If he goes anywhere, he'll only go Geelong which won't happen as they won't have anything to give once they bring in Smith. He'll stay put and just see his value decrease again as it did this season I'd stay far far away

Watch Geelong get Oliver and a pick for Jack Bowes or an equivalent player (starter decent money longer ish deal) then flip that pick to the dogs for Smith.

Mitch Cleary mentioned on Tradies that we are doing a bit of work on Conor Stone. Have seen a few mention his name in here.

Mitch also said that Richmond might be keen as a Rioli replacement.

Makes sense. We’re basically interested in any young fringe player on a good team who’s hoping for more opportunity.

We have a few best 22 spots open.

Watch Geelong get Oliver and a pick for Jack Bowes or an equivalent player (starter decent money longer ish deal) then flip that pick to the dogs for Smith.
Good for them.

Oliver sounds like an absolute basket case. It’s a huge risk to take in that contract.

i am quietly happy (very quietly) that we seem to be looking for powerful runners that may come relatively cheap in the right age bracket. conor stone a 21.5 yo-yo test.

Same here if it pays off with guys like Roth Prior Stone guys we can get without giving up any currency at all its a good sign it may work or may not work

If it doesnt work out atleast we didnt give up big currency

Yeah if we were to get all rumoured players it’s something like

Out Heppell, Kelly, Stringer, Laverde, Hind, Baldwin

In Prior, Stone, McGuinness, Membry, Rotham, Kako + pick 10

Don’t think we end up with everything on our list but it’s clear that we are aiming to improve our list balance and take swings around the margains

Yeah if we were to get all rumoured players it’s something like

Out Heppell, Kelly, Stringer, Laverde, Hind, Baldwin

In Prior, Stone, McGuinness, Membry, Rotham, Kako + pick 10

Don’t think we end up with everything on our list but it’s clear that we are aiming to improve our list balance and take swings around the margains

Yep 100%

From a list perspective these are good signs from Rosa as we aren't in a spot to be flicking off draft picks for established players and sadly due to the incompetence of our last list manager we have very few players worth a lot of currency currently (Excluding players that will be in our future plans)

Mitch Cleary mentioned on Tradies that we are doing a bit of work on Conor Stone. Have seen a few mention his name in here.

Mitch also said that Richmond might be keen as a Rioli replacement.
The player we should be all in chasing is Conor Stone. Out of favour at GWS but I feel like he'll take his game to another level. Won't cost much either.
I am one of them. I'd be stoked if we can get him. We're finally looking at the right type of players. Hoping the work we're doing on him is assessing his hamstrings because saying he has a hamstring issue is an understatement. I believe he pulled his hamstrings 5 times in his first two years or something like that.

But Caldwell was also injury-prone to begin with so I'm hoping Stone can realise his potential with us because he is a genuine talent.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sad state of affairs for our high performance program given the paramount prerequisite for external targets is ‘must be able to run all day’.

We certainly can’t develop that skill so you better already have it.

no one really develops that elite level running. certainly not post the age of 18. there may be very few examples, i suspect mostly it'd be from outside of the afl training system.

I reckon pretty much every other club can train it, particularly given players come into the system as skinny kids and maintain or even improve their tanks as they become men and put 10 kilos of muscle on or more.

Didn't Membry try to kill himself or something quite serious? Why would you bring that to a club?

Flip side, is our player welfare any better than any other aspect of the club and able to adequately support him with anything that he might need? Seems a horrible fit on the field and off it. Screams of a player agent looking for a dollar.

HI BIG T.
walter white GIF

Remove this Banner Ad

Recruiting AFL Trade & Free Agency XII - 💰💰💰

Remove this Banner Ad

Back