Recruiting AFL Trade & Free Agency XII - 💰💰💰

Remove this Banner Ad

Will be glad when the new rules come in and all this pick strade shuffle is gone. Make sides pay with their first round pick if that is the case and take out the scenario of getting a free kick with a pick before the bid. Pay the price and work out a formula for when the points exceed the draft pick the club holds.
Someone bids on you F/S or academy player then it costs you the pick in whatever round it is and your pick in the next round goes to the end of the line if the points exceed the points of the first round pick used to match. Or something.
Just get rid of the play where clubs are doing an end run to gain an extra first round player.

Adjusting the points and making the discount only 10% will go a huge way towards ending the stockpiling of late picks.

Not hearing a lot about Shiel being traded now after a couple of initial stories that GWS may have some interest. Pretty sure Cal said in the last day or two he expects Shiel to be with us next year.
GWS must not be that interested

I wouldnt totally be against an early delist

Still would want atleast an F3, 46(via crows) and 74

GWS must not be that interested

I wouldnt totally be against an early delist

Still would want atleast an F3, 46(via crows) and 74
Why would we delist Shiel?

I’m totally open to trading him but if that doesn’t happen then I still have him well and truly best 22. He’s ahead of Parish for me.

Its very little change

Teams use to stock pile 3rd rounders, that wont change too much, they may need a 2nd aswell due to the reduction in pick value

It should be 0%
I agree it should be zero but it is still significantly different when you also adjust for the new points picks.

This year pick #1 can be paid for with picks #20, 30, #39 and #40.

Next year you would need to use all those picks and also add #14.

It is a huge difference.

And going further down the draft still makes it harder as well.

Let's say Kako is bid on at 10. We would need to use our 31 plus pick 35.

Next year we would need our 31 but would need 21 to match points.

I’m totally open to trading him but if that doesn’t happen then I still have him well and truly best 22. He’s ahead of Parish for me.
Or even just as an injury back up. Why would we just flush that amount of cash down the toilet when he still has some utility.

Sorry for invading your forum but just asking a question on your thoughts.

If the Pies offered F1 and 1401 draft points this year ( Current pick 9 is 1469)

Would you trade pick 9 and a F3 ?

Obviously based on if you think Kako gets bid on before pick 9.

Still leaves you with pick 31 / Kako and pies F1 Guaranteed vs maybe losing Pick 9 for Kako.

If the Pies offered F1 and 1401 draft points this year ( Current pick 9 is 1469)

Still leaves you with pick 31 / Kako and pies F1 Guaranteed vs maybe losing Pick 9 for Kako.
As Essendon's list manager I think that's an ok deal but you could sharpen it up a bit

Maybe…

given the furor around this draft and what other teams are paying potentially trading pick 9 (which will likely be 11 or 12) for a late first and points when points are easy to get this year. It just feels like unders given your likely jump back up the ladder

It would be a deal that is around something they would look at if we where going before the draft but I still think the play is hold 9 until draft night and see where the bid lands. No bid then look to trade late picks if they have not already been done or if the bid comes then trade out then as there will be a deal to be done. The only thing we need to sort before draft night is enough point to cover most of the points we need on the night. We will get a F1 if we want to trade out on the night. There will be teams that will want in. The only way I am trading out before hand is if someone is that keen that they offer way overs.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

As much as I hate the Hawks I love the way they have said “we’ve given you enough time to do a good deal for P14+F2/3 swap for Barass, now we are going somewhere else”. Lions did a similar move on the Dogs a few years ago when trying to get Dunkley.

GCS should do the same to the tigers about P6/Rioli…come and see us for P9 and a future second 😉

Not much point having a 32 year old on the list when your open to moving on guys like Stringer, Lav, Kelly, Hind ect

Rather throw another stone at pick 60 at an 18 yr old in this draft

Parish still well ahead, that may be due to where were at as a side and age, but not necessarily either

Would only do it live once a bid for Kako comes in before 9

Dees probably offer us F1 and F2 for 9, atleast F1

I don't see the issue, He has served his time.

Don't the AFL believe people can Rehabilitated?
Kamil isn't a private school boy who is entrenched in the AFL media so he can sexually harrass coworkers with impunity.

Kamil isn't a former footballer who can do drugs and turn up to work under the influence.

Kamil isn't a senior producer who drives to work so impaired on drugs and alcohol that junior staff members often have to first help him out of his car and then move it off the roundabout out the front of fox footy on Dorcas Street.

Kamil committed a criminal act and went to prison for it, clearly he isn't inside the AFL circle as he had to face a consequence for his actions. That makes Kamil a bad person.

There's criminal ... And then there's criminal

As much as I hate the Hawks I love the way they have said “we’ve given you enough time to do a good deal for P14+F2/3 swap for Barass, now we are going somewhere else”. Lions did a similar move on the Dogs a few years ago when trying to get Dunkley.

GCS should do the same to the tigers about P6/Rioli…come and see us for P9 and a future second 😉

Stupidly petty. Hawthorn is the classic story of Icarus.

Actually think its been way way over blown

It was reported that the eagles would prefer 2025 selections

So it wouldnt surprise me if theyre just taking a straight F1 and F2 for Barass

A top 3 pick, probably a pick around 10 and two second rounders, with 2026 1st and 2027 1st is a heavy hand available for Warner if need be

Remove this Banner Ad

Recruiting AFL Trade & Free Agency XII - 💰💰💰

Remove this Banner Ad

Back