Recruiting AFL Trade & Free Agency XII - 💰💰💰

Remove this Banner Ad

Attachments

• Screenshot_20241012_203903_Samsung Internet.jpg
    Screenshot_20241012_203903_Samsung Internet.jpg
    334 KB · Views: 18
The below fox sports article provides a bit more detail of the case.

How do we even know Nick and Jake were across the details of his past? Its not like Didak riding in the back of a car with a known bikie when shots were fired.
Nick seemed to suggest they were close enough.

The school yard defense of "but didak did worse" is a pretty weak one.

Kamil isn't a private school boy who is entrenched in the AFL media so he can sexually harrass coworkers with impunity.

Kamil isn't a former footballer who can do drugs and turn up to work under the influence.

Kamil isn't a senior producer who drives to work so impaired on drugs and alcohol that junior staff members often have to first help him out of his car and then move it off the roundabout out the front of fox footy on Dorcas Street.

Kamil committed a criminal act and went to prison for it, clearly he isn't inside the AFL circle as he had to face a consequence for his actions. That makes Kamil a bad person.

There's criminal ... And then there's criminal
Well yeah he killed someone

Nick seemed to suggest they were close enough.

The school yard defense of "but didak did worse" is a pretty weak one.
That's not what I'm saying, I'm saying didak had drinks with a well known bikie at a bikie club and then was in the car when shots were fired from the car so there's no arguing he knew what that bloke was into.
This guys crime was over 5 years ago, Jake and nick have only befriended him recently, so there is a possibility they aren't across his past.
Nicks comments could have easily been an attempt to brush of BT (because shock horror, no player wants BT around them after the game) as what you read into it.

Actually think its been way way over blown

It was reported that the eagles would prefer 2025 selections

So it wouldnt surprise me if theyre just taking a straight F1 and F2 for Barass

A top 3 pick, probably a pick around 10 and two second rounders, with 2026 1st and 2027 1st is a heavy hand available for Warner if need be
Yeah I agree with you.
The whole “blown up trade week” headlines are waaaay over the top (shows how boring trade week has been).
They will still get Barass, WCE will still get Baker, Tigers will be annoyed they didn’t get 14.

Very fair to expect 46, 74 and F3 for Stringer (I think thats still light)

Pick 9, 31, 46 and 74 in Draft

Picks 46 and 74 after 2 Brisbane Bids and GC Suns bid would likely come into

~41 and ~66

Pick 10 (Ess) - Lombard Bid
Pick 11 (Bris) - Sam Marshall Bid
Pick 12 - Take Bo Allen/Smilie
Pick 13 - Earliest Kako Bid - (970 points required)

Trade 31(34) for Rich pick 51 (Comes into 45) and F3

Picks 41, 45 and 66 = 840 Points

Worse Case scenario (130 point deficit)

2025:
F1
F2
F3 (Tied Tigers)
F3
F3 (Tied GWS)
F4

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Pretty sure I heard someone on trade radio say if a bid came before our first pick we wouldn't match it.
smart move,

Joe Berry, Hannaford, always a raft of small forwards available later in the draft. Kako is nice and we could get a bargain but its not the be all and end all

The below fox sports article provides a bit more detail of the case.

How do we even know Nick and Jake were across the details of his past? Its not like Didak riding in the back of a car with a known bikie when shots were fired.
Thank god the allegations about a former pies/kangaroos player and Ch7 commentator has taken the spotlight off our club.

Last edited:
No

Stephenson
Kozzie
Rachelle
Nick Watson

All top 10-12 picks as small forward. All played 72% + of the 1st season

My mention was even a way worse small forward Davey was seen capable to play 10 games and it wasnt like we were bottom of the barrel winning less than 2 games that year, we started very well and were eyeing off top 4 for the first half of the season

But continue to completely over look those 4 names

Small forwards can impact sooner than others due to the non physical nature of the position compared to mids and KPPs/Talls

Anyway im just repeating myself now. You got caught out being wrong thinking Tsatas and Caddy were ready made and didnt take into account 1) their body shapes/sizes and 2) their position at the next level and 3) in Tsatas case not being capable of many other positions

You’re wrong - and that’s okay, but you must try and learn from it.

Those random ‘4 names’ didn’t play for Essendon, nor under Scott. They have nothing to do with anything. If we drafted Watson last year, he’d have spent most of his time in the VFL.

“we were eyeing top 4” suggests you’re probably not going to have the clearest view on things.

You’re wrong - and that’s okay, but you must try and learn from it.

Those random ‘4 names’ didn’t play for Essendon, nor under Scott. They have nothing to do with anything. If we drafted Watson last year, he’d have spent most of his time in the VFL.

“we were eyeing top 4” suggests you’re probably not going to have the clearest view on things.

It shows that quality small forwards can produce as close to their best football of their career year 1 compared to other positions. It shows they dont need as much physical maturity as mids or KPFs to get games

Watson wouldve played the same, if not more. He wouldve been our best small forward

We were sitting 5th after round 17, so of course we were eyeing of top 4 internally. Youd be silly not to. What im saying is it wasnt like we were bottom 6 and focusing on kids getting games

Even a far worse small forward in Davey played more AFL than VFL games in debut season

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Recruiting AFL Trade & Free Agency XII - 💰💰💰

Remove this Banner Ad

Back