Recruiting AFL Trade & Free Agency XII - 💰💰💰

Remove this Banner Ad

No because even that pick won't come good for a few years and we need to start moving from now.
I would hazard a guess that a top 5 pick should be playing 50% of the games in year 2

only thing that should be holding back a top draftee is injury or being a young KPP

I would hazard a guess that a top 5 pick should be playing 50% of the games in year 2

only thing that should be holding back a top draftee is injury or being a young KPP
I would say it is horses for courses.

I don’t get excited about delisted players but I’d love us to give Culley a chance to earn a spot over the summer. Hasn’t had the best run at it with injury.
Agree with that. Culley can play mid or forward.

I call a spade a spade. In this case, calling a dumb idea a dumb idea.

It’s not dumb it’s just uncomfortable because it challenges your bias’ and scarcity mindset.

The idea that if we have a bad team and if we find 1 good asset we should horde it and try and fill in the rest of the team with scraps vs investing the more valuable asset in a way that benefits the team is scary.

It’s even more confronting when the path forward purely chasing value is to empower players you have a personal bias against into succeeding. (Parish and Sheil)

Parish and Sheil are both former AA players who have medium speed and below average but competent kicking. Their lack of defensive running/effort seems more about effort than anything else and if they aren’t providing that effort you can just drop one for Hobbs or even Roberts who looks a great find.

That’s more then enough production for a 4th option mid (assuming Merrett, Durham and Tsatas are options 1-3)

Durham, Martin, Caldwell are 23 with 70 games on average between them.

The thought of what that core can be when they're 26+ at 150+ games is something we should be seeing as a positive. So much so that when brought up to oppo supporters I know they're like "yeah, that's gonna be scary".

Out of all the actual pressing issues we have you try and talk down one of the only shining lights for us this year.

jdstorm you need to stop drinking so early.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Caldwell maybe on the smaller size but its nuts to think he cant absorb or apply physical pressure. Go back and watch the dogs game, Duz got all the acclaim for his job on Bont but Caldwell went head to head with Libba and blunted his impact too.

I agree as a group we have this issue but he is one of the few mids who has improved us in this regards so why would we toss him out to slot proven defensive liabilities parish/shiel back in?
Parish is the guy we shouldve moved on, but the ship has probably sailed as his stocks are very low now. In addition to the shortcomings Eth posted above one thing I noticed going to games live at back end of the year is even when we have ball in hand Parish is rarely gut running to provide the backline an out. he is happy to guard grass and wait for them to fumble their way out of the backline.
I genuinely see parish’s career at the crossroads. He seems to have a bit of FIGJAM about him, whether it’s true or not. It results in him thinking that he doesn’t needing to do extra stuff like tackling and harassing to be useful to the team, which is delusional.
He really needs to be getting the footy 35-40 times to be effective due to poor kicking and a poor defensive game, and he’s been pretty ordinary since his AA season. I think he can turn it around, but he needs to be much fitter (pinging a calf annually doesn’t help), and realise he’s not where he thinks he’s at.

Brad should be handing out some home truths if he’s fair dinkum, but I’m not sure he’s has it in him.

Remove this Banner Ad

Recruiting AFL Trade & Free Agency XII - 💰💰💰

Remove this Banner Ad

Back