Recruiting AFL Trade & Free Agency XII - 💰💰💰

Remove this Banner Ad

parish value at its lowest, Langford was the one to trade. He won’t be in our next premiership side, and would fetch us a first round pick.

Langford and stringer had similar outputs, albeit slightly different role, one got traded for 53, the other would have got us another pick in the first round.

I agree with a lot of posters saying we didn’t really achieve anything this trade and free agency period. I hope there is something in the works for next year, because we are turning into st kilda.

parish value at its lowest, Langford was the one to trade. He won’t be in our next premiership side, and would fetch us a first round pick.

Langford and stringer had similar outputs, albeit slightly different role, one got traded for 53, the other would have got us another pick in the first round.

I agree with a lot of posters saying we didn’t really achieve anything this trade and free agency period. I hope there is something in the works for next year, because we are turning into st kilda.
Langford is one of the unsung leaders who has played wherever the coaches have wanted him to play. Has always trained at a professional level and was the guy that ripped into everyone when the whole Saad / Smith Covid bubble was going down. He was the one that called them out for being selfish pricks and not having pride in the jumper.
Yes he had trade value but when your culture is at the level ours has been he is the guy you want around the young blokes coming through.

that you kelvin_sheedy

Why did we not look at Kennedy.
Because he's an average inside mid similar to players we already have and lacks flexibility in where he plays?

Langford is one of the unsung leaders who has played wherever the coaches have wanted him to play. Has always trained at a professional level and was the guy that ripped into everyone when the whole Saad / Smith Covid bubble was going down. He was the one that called them out for being selfish pricks and not having pride in the jumper.
Yes he had trade value but when your culture is at the level ours has been he is the guy you want around the young blokes coming through.
Our leadership is an issue no doubt but it’s an issue with or without langers. I rate him and would loved to acquire another first rounder without trading him, but there aren’t many on our list that would actually get us that pick.

Langers would have got us the pick and we had stringer in a similar position giving similar output that we ended up trading for pick 53.

I’d personally would have loved to be able to trade Shiel and parish and walked off with top picks but it wasn’t realistic.

But all this stems from a lack of direction from the club during trade period and fa.

I didn’t mind which way we went.

Keep everyone good and aim to add another star alongside.
Or
cut back and get as many top picks as possible, while opening roles for younger guys.

Instead it seems we are in a holding pattern, which I hope leads to a direction next off season.

Stoked to have kako coming though.

I’m also interested in the development arc of some of our younger guys. Plenty here have written off some of our young guys but the same posters would have written off langers at that stage in his career.

Our leadership is an issue no doubt but it’s an issue with or without langers. I rate him and would loved to acquire another first rounder without trading him, but there aren’t many on our list that would actually get us that pick.

Langers would have got us the pick and we had stringer in a similar position giving similar output that we ended up trading for pick 53.

I’d personally would have loved to be able to trade Shiel and parish and walked off with top picks but it wasn’t realistic.

But all this stems from a lack of direction from the club during trade period and fa.

I didn’t mind which way we went.

Keep everyone good and aim to add another star alongside.
Or
cut back and get as many top picks as possible, while opening roles for younger guys.

Instead it seems we are in a holding pattern, which I hope leads to a direction next off season.

Stoked to have kako coming though.

I’m also interested in the development arc of some of our younger guys. Plenty here have written off some of our young guys but the same posters would have written off langers at that stage in his career.
I made a comment in the last few days about jungle drums beating (in context of calling out the mediocrity of Perkins, Cox, Reid, Hobbs not improving or staying on the park)

If we dont see some improvement, we'd be close to needing to blow this re build up (... again) and start over.

Remove this Banner Ad

Recruiting AFL Trade & Free Agency XII - 💰💰💰

Remove this Banner Ad

Back