Did's Dodgy Knee

Debutant
May 28, 2007
West of Dight's Falls
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Liverpool
The Humper was on SEN and announced the umpiring lineups for this weekend's matches.

For the third week in a row, the following umpires will officiate together:

Rosebury 8
Chamberlain 18
McInerney 30

And for the third week in a row, they will be officiating a Collingwood game.

Bugger me if I know who is doing the Dogs/Bears game. But the guy who COULD bounce the ball ok in the Cats/Dogs game has been retained and the other two were sent to Bali for a holiday.

Thoughts?

Oh **** off

Seriously how many times do we have to be gang r*ped by the same three cheating ***** before we get cut some slack?

The umpiring hasn't been all that bad....a few dodgy decisions, but overall I think we aren't getting unfairly treated.

Much bigger things to worry about than the umpires.

The Humper was on SEN and announced the umpiring lineups for this weekend's matches.

For the third week in a row, the following umpires will officiate together:

Rosebury 8
Chamberlain 18
McInerney 30

And for the third week in a row, they will be officiating a Collingwood game.

Bugger me if I know who is doing the Dogs/Bears game. But the guy who COULD bounce the ball ok in the Cats/Dogs game has been retained and the other two were sent to Bali for a holiday.

Thoughts?

I find that worrying who is umpiring or about the decisions that umpires make as being a complete waste of time and energy. You cannot change their decisions, you just have to play according to their calls.

I watched the STK V COLL game on Sunday and I could not tell you who any of the umpires were. I thought they did a pretty good job. AFL is a nightmare game to umpire, too many grey areas.

You would have to go back to the late 1980's or early 1990's when the worst umpire who has ever officiated was running around to bother me. And his name was Peter Carey.;

I find that worrying who is umpiring or about the decisions that umpires make as being a complete waste of time and energy. You cannot change their decisions, you just have to play according to their calls.

Exactly. Surely this is a good thing for Collingwood because you will be used to how each umpire officiates and how they work as a team.

The umpiring hasn't been all that bad....a few dodgy decisions, but overall I think we aren't getting unfairly treated.

Much bigger things to worry about than the umpires.

I disagree.Don't get me wrong a loss is a loss and the team is at fault. but in saying that,the game between collingwood and st.kilda was bad at some times from the umpires decisions.I'm not just saying against collingwood but against st.kilda too.

RAY IS A DISGRACE AND I DON'T LIKE HIM ONE BIT.HE IS A JOKE

I disagree.Don't get me wrong a loss is a loss and the team is at fault. but in saying that,the game between collingwood and st.kilda was bad at some times from the umpires decisions.I'm not just saying against collingwood but against st.kilda too.

RAY IS A DISGRACE AND I DON'T LIKE HIM ONE BIT.HE IS A JOKE
Moreso than in every game?

When you consider that the umpires have to make snap decisions in real time, in more or less every single contest in the game, that's a fair few decisions.

There are going to be plenty of poor decisions going both ways in games, and to be honest, I haven't noticed an abnormal amount over the past three weeks.

I'd be happy for our games to be umpired at the same standard that they have been lately. Last week the only truly poor call that I can remember was against Beams early on, where he should have either been paid the free kick or the mark from Cloke's pass.

at least they were shit consistantly?

at least they were shit consistantly?

They were just shit.thats all i'm saying.and i can't believe he is allowed to umpire at this level.makes me sick:thumbsdown:

Really? because everytime I check the live stats in a game we have half the frees of the opposition.. even the roulette wheel at the Crown will give you better odds than that

Currently sitting 16th for free kicks so it can't be my imagination

http://www.footywire.com/afl/footy/fts_team_rankings?type=TA&year=2009&sby=8

I think we were crucified early on in the year, definitely....a few games in particular, so the stats over the entire year don't surprise me that much.

Over the past three weeks, I have had no issues with the umpiring....so I don't mind the same umpires being assigned to us....even though I don't like Razor Ray much.

I actually don't mind getting the same 3 guys again, for the following reasons;

* As mentioned, we at least know how they umpire, what decisions they pay and don't pay, and how they react to each individuals response and actions.

* WE DON'T HAVE SCOTT MCLAREN.:eek:

* In the last 2 games, the count has been 21-15 against, and 11-10 for, not bad considering as mentioned we are 16th on the Free Kick ladder.

I actually like Ray, most of the mistakes on the weekend were not made by him, in fact, only one was in my opinion after watching the replay.

These guys are realistically a chance of umpiring the Grand Final, which is more then can be said for some others in the league.

I haven't even seen the Friday night treble of umpires yet, but I'd prefer these 3 just for familiarity.

Really? because everytime I check the live stats in a game we have half the frees of the opposition.. even the roulette wheel at the Crown will give you better odds than that

Currently sitting 16th for free kicks so it can't be my imagination

http://www.footywire.com/afl/footy/fts_team_rankings?type=TA&year=2009&sby=8

Check out 1990. The same thing happened....we sat at the bottom of the table for "free for"

http://www.footywire.com/afl/footy/ft_team_rankings?year=1990&type=TA&sby=8

1990 was a good year.

I am just looking for signs!!!!!!!!!... yes i am drawing a long bow

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Chamberlin is the only one I can't stand.

The way he prances around the contest and when the ball isn't in his area he stretches and practices his bouncing the ball action makes me sick.

The first game of the 2008 season was what made me hate him. As he walked off the ground the crowd were booing him and he held his hand to his ear. Umpires just shouldn't do that.

They shouldn't wear numbers and we shouldn't know who they are.

The downfield free against Rocca was a disgrace. Otherwise I don't feel we were unfairly treated.

Remove this Banner Ad

AFL Umpiring Conspiracy

Remove this Banner Ad

Back