AFL - You disgust me

Remove this Banner Ad

Originally posted by MarkT
Separating self interest and independent thought and understanding the views of others regardless of agreeing with them are impossible concepts for you. As is having a non pro Sydney view which is effectively the same as what you always accuse me of.

Most evidence points to the contrary. :rolleyes:

Hey Gra Gra you did not let me know whether I got the NRL tribunnal right or not?

Originally posted by stopeedie
They must introduce a send off rule at the very least.
I played in a league with a send off rule and it doesn't work. Our captain was sent off four times in one season and was found not guilty at the tribunal each time. Hardly seems fair to lose out on a player who according to the tribunal hasn't done anything wrong.

That applies at the moment with the AFL tribunal dismissing even the most blatant of cases.

Originally posted by morgoth
Charges for most offences are laid based on a grading system with th egrading equating to the potential penalty. The player has the option of accepting the standard suspension or going to the tribunnal to contest it, in which case he may get off or have a different suspension applied.

Lack of intent is also no excuse when it comes to head shots.

It all seemed pretty simple when I was up there and there was not much controversy apart from when something like the recent kneesing case where surprise, surprise a player got 10 weeks and fines for a knee to the head which caused no injury.

Of course it seems simple if you havent looked in detail. Much like the AFL model which is based on our law system where each case is judged on its merits, and penalties follow previous trends.
It all seems simple, until you drill down. There you will find league fans just as happy/unhappy as us.

sexual tension on the boards

Originally posted by The Fireman
hey thats a bit over the top,,, Stopidiot is on here aswell:p

Hey firetruck you and eedie got something going on between you? I detect serious sexual tension.

Not true but I have never made any secret of where my allegancies lie or the fact that it's Collingwood first, footy second and the AFL as a body stone motherless last.
Quite possibly. Certainly the AFL have that view and extend it to many other on many issues. You can join them as well if you like but can you admit to the same self interest or is your unreserved support for anything that helps or props up your club a different matter entirely?

I support football and my team equally, because without football I dont have a team. Without Collingwood, Essendon, West Coast, Brisbane, Port etc etc we dont have a national comp.
I believe healthy power teams in Victoria are good for football, I believe in development in non football states. I believe this without any bias whatsoever towards my team.

Just remember I have had my team ripped away from me and had to choose whether or not to still follow football. I chose to follow football. My interest in football doesnt solely revolve around Sydney.

In the end the clubs get the best possible coaching staff and best possible players available to them, from the processes set out by the governiong body. 22 men run out on the ground and when the ball is in contention its about whats inside, not what sponsors are on the jumper or how much money is in the pocket.

I love watching football and when Sydney are playing, my bias towards them is 100%. No questions asked. With off field issues I can sit down and look at them without any bias.

You admit to being totally biased towards Collingwood so how can your opinions on issues be taken seriously.

Re: Re: sexual tension on the boards

Originally posted by The Fireman
we are just luring someone like you into our web.

well congratulations... it worked.
the fireman.... always been a big gay icon has it not?

Originally posted by EssJayW
I support football and my team equally, because without football I dont have a team. Without Collingwood, Essendon, West Coast, Brisbane, Port etc etc we dont have a national comp.
I believe healthy power teams in Victoria are good for football, I believe in development in non football states. I believe this without any bias whatsoever towards my team.

Just remember I have had my team ripped away from me and had to choose whether or not to still follow football. I chose to follow football. My interest in football doesnt solely revolve around Sydney.

In the end the clubs get the best possible coaching staff and best possible players available to them, from the processes set out by the governiong body. 22 men run out on the ground and when the ball is in contention its about whats inside, not what sponsors are on the jumper or how much money is in the pocket.

I love watching football and when Sydney are playing, my bias towards them is 100%. No questions asked. With off field issues I can sit down and look at them without any bias.

You admit to being totally biased towards Collingwood so how can your opinions on issues be taken seriously.

Ditto (except for the bit about having my team ripped from me).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Originally posted by EssJayW
So it's the admittance that makes the difference to my bviews being taken seriously? If you don't want to take anything I say seriously then that's up to you.

So it's the admittance that makes the difference to my bviews being taken seriously? If you don't want to take anything I say seriously then that's up to you.

I will give credit where it is due. At least you are man enough to admit your bias.

Originally posted by grayham
You are a lier a coward, and disgrace to rational debate on this board.

http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=107612&perpage=15&pagenumber=1
Honestly grayham you always resort to name calling and rarely have any substance. I have no idea what that post proves in relation to you Collingwood posting at all. IMO absolutely nothing. I have a deal for you though. About we just ignore each other from now on because quite frankly I can't be bothered wasting my time with you. Surely you feel you are wasting your time reading anything I say.

For the record I don't lie any more than the average honest person and I can't think of a single lie I have told on here. I am no coward and I honestly can't see what on Earth you could even base that on in an internet forum. I am more than comfortable to stand on my rational debating ability but since you don't agree why not just continue with your own style and we'll ignore each other as I suggested. I doubt many people think you hold much more credibility than I think you do but if I am wrong then you keep on with your pathetic anti Collingwood, anti Eddie posting at every opportunity. My challenging your crap won’t male any difference to anything.

Gotta be honest MT, I thought you would have learnt your lesson after the bet fiasco that saw him get banned.

Honestly grayham you always resort to name calling and rarely have any substance. I have no idea what that post proves in relation to you Collingwood posting at all. IMO absolutely nothing. I have a deal for you though. About we just ignore each other from now on because quite frankly I can't be bothered wasting my time with you. Surely you feel you are wasting your time reading anything I say.

For the record I don't lie any more than the average honest person and I can't think of a single lie I have told on here. I am no coward and I honestly can't see what on Earth you could even base that on in an internet forum. I am more than comfortable to stand on my rational debating ability but since you don't agree why not just continue with your own style and we'll ignore each other as I suggested. I doubt many people think you hold much more credibility than I think you do but if I am wrong then you keep on with your pathetic anti Collingwood, anti Eddie posting at every opportunity. My challenging your crap won’t male any difference to anything.

Good to see you are calling on this mythical majority to back up your credibility. :rolleyes:

IMO, you are the lowest form of football supporter. Unlike the fan that is enthusiastic about his club, you present yourself as a infomred, but the reality is you know full well your ideas would undermine the code, and promote your club and self interests at all costs. You actively work to bring down everything that has been built up in the last 20 years for your own greed. When challanged you slink back in the pie propaganda.

You can ignore me if you like, but I will not be happy until you are run off this board. You are a irresponsible disgrace.

So Grayham, as a supporter of the AFL code, if Sydney were to fold (I know it wouldn't happen) would you just start supporting another AFL club?

Back to the original comments...I agree wholeheartedly...the presence or abscence of blood seems to have far too much impact on the tribunal. Fractured vertebrae, from a gutless knee from behind where there was never any chance of Blake defending himself has got to be worth more than Baker's crime (4 weeks is the right penalty). Stafford is a serial offender and has had some narrow escapes - he should have copped 8.

IMO, you are the lowest form of football supporter. Unlike the fan that is enthusiastic about his club, you present yourself as a infomred, but the reality is you know full well your ideas would undermine the code, and promote your club and self interests at all costs. You actively work to bring down everything that has been built up in the last 20 years for your own greed. When challanged you slink back in the pie propaganda.

You can ignore me if you like, but I will not be happy until you are run off this board. You are a irresponsible disgrace.

Jeezus Grayham, lighten up! He's no more irresponsible than you, me, or half a dozen other barrow pushers around here. And all truth - what real damage does any of the irresponibility that takes place on these boards do?

It appears you have the last word (unless he finds your last post truly mystifying) so why don't you just take it?

Good to see you are calling on this mythical majority to back up your credibility. :rolleyes:
I'll back it up. I certainly don't think you have any more credibility on this issue.

Originally posted by mustapha
So Grayham, as a supporter of the AFL code, if Sydney were to fold (I know it wouldn't happen) would you just start supporting another AFL club?

Do you need to have a team to be a follower of a code?

Remove this Banner Ad

AFL - You disgust me

Remove this Banner Ad

Back