AFLW AFLW List Management 2021-22

Remove this Banner Ad

Should we have a thread up for each of our players? Sachi with runner up B&F at SANFLW level.

View attachment 1439247

Did the winner get drafted, or is it like the SANFL , where the Marjorie winner is usually a has been, or 'too good for stse leage, not good enough for AFL'?

Did the winner get drafted, or is it like the SANFL , where the Marjorie winner is usually a has been, or 'too good for stse leage, not good enough for AFL'?
Seems like the latter. Tesharna Maher won it - 20 and I don't believe picked up by any AFLW team.

Small defender which is probably not the type of player you usually want to waste a good draft pick on, so maybe a low ceiling. Never know though, the league is so young that at 20 there is probably still a chance she could be picked up next year.

Seems like the latter. Tesharna Maher won it - 20 and I don't believe picked up by any AFLW team.

Small defender which is probably not the type of player you usually want to waste a good draft pick on, so maybe a low ceiling. Never know though, the league is so young that at 20 there is probably still a chance she could be picked up next year.

I deleted my post because at first I thought they wete talking about the league B&F runner-up, but it seems it's just Norwood's. Still a damned fine effort though.

Ford Fairlane where are you getting the player numbers from?
A few guernsey numbers are in, according to their Instagram bios:

Erin Phillips: #22
Gemma Houghton: #27
Jacqueline Yorston: #6
Laquoiya Cockatoo-Motlap: #31
Litonya Cockatoo-Motlap: #30
Kate Surman: #26
Cheyenne Hammond: #28
Indy Tahau: #10
Liz McGrath: #29
Hannah Dunn: #24
Amalie Borg: #21
Maggie MacLachlan: #16

EDIT: According to Alex Ballard’s Instagram story:
Alex Ballard: #19
Sachi Syme: #20

EDIT: Latest video on PAFCW social media
Ange Foley: #3
Britt Perry: #33
Abbey Dowrick: #5

Sarah Goodwin: #13
Justine Mules: #14
Julia Teakle: #15
Ella Boag: #17

I'm finding it really weird that none of Foley, Hougton, Dunn and Phillips have taken the #1. Is it possible they are going to vote on a captain, then that player would trade in their #?

We were discussing that before. Maybe our captain won’t wear the #1 as yet, or they haven’t decided who it will be yet.

Players with elite kicking skills will stand out even more in AFLW than in the AFL, because the gap between elite and average/poor is bigger in AFLW than AFL

Lauren Young and Molly Brooksby in next years draft please :)

Jess Waterhouse signed by the Crows. Would've been a nice Father(or is it uncle?)-Daughter connection to have her with us but obviously not rated by the club.

Edit: Uncle-Niece confirmed.
First thought was, why could they do that if the draft is over? So I looked up the wiki 2022 AFL draft page and found this.

Free agency and replacement signings

Where players were moved to inactive list after the draft had taken place, club were entitled to replace them by free agency signing.

So I assume Adelaide has moved someone onto the inactive list.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

First thought was, why could they do that if the draft is over? So I looked up the wiki 2022 AFL draft page and found this.

Free agency and replacement signings

Where players were moved to inactive list after the draft had taken place, club were entitled to replace them by free agency signing.

So I assume Adelaide has moved someone onto the inactive list.

Yep - Jasmyn Hewett, who has work commitments as a firefighter. Even with the huge increase in pay for the AFLW players, that job must've been a higher priority.

Yep - Jasmyn Hewett, who has work commitments as a firefighter. Even with the huge increase in pay for the AFLW players, that job must've been a higher priority.
If she is on the bottom tier, then she gets $39k and that puts at risk her $80k+ a year job and a potential career that might last 25 years after her footy career is finished.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back