Review AFLW QF - Adelaide v Brisbane. Saturday 11 November @ Norwood Oval

Remove this Banner Ad

Unbelievable!

I'm sick of them punishing the result rather than the action.

Absolute bs.

The other getting 3 games in itself was probably harsh too. (I can see arguments for up to 2. But 3+ is bs)

I would honestly prefer Waterhouse in for Bonner. I'm not convinced that Bonner offers all that much.
Think they feel Bonner is a harder matchup having the ability to play tall & small and is also a better chance to directly hit the scoreboard, have not really seen much evidence to show that’s the case though.

Think they feel Bonner is a harder matchup having the ability to play tall & small and is also a better chance to directly hit the scoreboard, have not really seen much evidence to show that’s the case though.

Neither Bonnor nor Waterhouse hit the scoreboard much at all. Bonner gets her 8-10 touches around the ground but has a tendency to waste them. Waterhouse does the non-statistical stuff well but not much else.

It certainly wouldn't hurt to find an upgrade in that position for next year.

It’s like trying to stab someone and you missed, so you get off because no one was injured. Penalty decisions are now a total farcical!
Imagine if someone actually gets concussed in the future because of a stray off the ball elbow to the face/head. They'd argue that it's never warranted a suspension before. At the end of the day, it's a non-football act that needs to be removed from the game, just like the unecessary stomach punch

Tough on Levy. She's been alright. Allen, Prowse and Mueller is a fair injection into our defence.

I would honestly prefer Waterhouse in for Bonner. I'm not convinced that Bonner offers all that much.

Randall into the midfield is probably sensible. I prefer her down back, but with Allan, Biddell, Prowse, Allen, Mueller and Goodwin all already back there, there's not much room.
I reckon Bonner gives more than Waterhouse, but Levy would be stiff

It’s like trying to stab someone and you missed, so you get off because no one was injured. Penalty decisions are now a total farcical!
That's a good point.

It's like giving someone life in prison for manslaughter, but let them walk free for attempted murder if the bullet misses.

I reckon Bonner gives more than Waterhouse, but Levy would be stiff
I can see the arguments for and against both Bonner and Waterhouse.

But what do I think.

I think Bonner is a better player, and would be better in most teams. However, with the forward line we have based around Gould/Jones. I think Waterhouse compliments them better and is better in our team.

I think players have luckily missed a bad results with the weather yesterday but what are the AFL thinking playing a major final in the afternoon in November. Surely night matches are the go this time of year.
Totally agree with that but that being said selfishly don’t mind it as this is the first game I’ve been able to attend since they changed the time of year for the season and if it was at night I wouldn’t have been able to attend. So take the good with the bad, pretty good day for footy not much wind which they’ll appreciate after last week.

Totally agree with that but that being said selfishly don’t mind it as this is the first game I’ve been able to attend since they changed the time of year for the season and if it was at night I wouldn’t have been able to attend. So take the good with the bad, pretty good day for footy not much wind which they’ll appreciate after last week.
Fair enough and hope you have a good day. I was concerned the AFL would schedule day matches in mid November. A 40deg day today would certainly have impact players in coming matches

Fair enough and hope you have a good day. I was concerned the AFL would schedule day matches in mid November. A 40deg day today would certainly have impact players in coming matches
Definitely, a call certainly needs to be made to hold the GF at night, actually quite muggy down here probably still from yesterday’s heat

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back