OUT: Tayla Thorn (omitted)

N1GcGV.jpg

Final Team in :
The team is –
IN: Justine Mules
OUT: Tayla Thorn (omitted)

1U9Elj.jpg

http://www.afc.com.au/news/2017-03-17/aflw-mules-to-tackle-magpies
he Crows have recalled midfielder Justine Mules ahead of Sunday’s crucial AFL Women’s clash with Collingwood at Olympic Park Oval.
Mules, 22, has featured in three of the Club’s six AFLW games this season and was an emergency for last week’s match against Melbourne at TIO Stadium.
She replaces rebounding defender Tayla Thorn, who has been omitted. Onballer Monique Hollick and untried ruckwoman Lauren O’Shea are the emergencies for Sunday’s clash with the Magpies. A Grand Final spot is on the line in the final round of the inaugural AFL Women’s season. The undefeated Brisbane Lions have already confirmed their place and will host the decider in a fortnight’s time. The Crows will almost certainly advance if Melbourne fails to defeat Fremantle on Saturday evening. If the Dees are successful, the Crows’ clash with Collingwood becomes an all-or-nothing contest.

"Don't worry. we still just have to win, no way Melbourne will make up the percentage ga["

*Melbourne up by 4 goals at quarter time

*edit. they were up by 4 goals *Approaching* quarter time. Fremantle pegged one back

The AFL would be hoping Melbourne make it. Almost the entire promo budget was spent on Daisy Pearce, it would be great if we could sneak in.

Get the job done girls.

Well if we lose our last 3 to miss the Grand Final they will keep up the tradition of SA teams.

Melbourne with a big win but really, the margin makes no difference. Crows just have to win. Melbourne's percentage is 140.98%. If the Crows win, our percentage shouldn't drop by that much. If it's close, then the bigger the combined score, the bigger the drop. Even if we win 61-60, it will drop to 141.7%. I can't see a bigger scoreline than that.

Tomorrow is just about winning. Win and we're in.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Melbourne with a big win but really, the margin makes no difference. Crows just have to win. Melbourne's percentage is 140.98%. If the Crows win, our percentage shouldn't drop by that much. If it's close, then the bigger the combined score, the bigger the drop. Even if we win 61-60, it will drop to 141.7%. I can't see a bigger scoreline than that.

Tomorrow is just about winning. Win and we're in.
As you say, realistically you win and you're in, the media don't want to talk specifics because it takes some of the spice out of things. I knocked this up for our board, showing the minimum collingwood have to score for each margin 3 goals or under for Adelaide to win and miss.

izFPEbQ.png

Well, this week it's all about effective kicking for us.

We have spent the last two weeks bombing it forward to the free players the other teams have put behind the ball.

We're still winning around the contest, and going forward, but not with any effectiveness. I'd be keen to see either :
  • We kick it forward better (not bombing it to opposition free players).
  • We just don't allow free players 30m behind the stoppage.
  • Our free players be effective, rather than non-entities.

As you say, realistically you win and you're in, the media don't want to talk specifics because it takes some of the spice out of things. I knocked this up for our board, showing the minimum collingwood have to score for each margin 3 goals or under for Adelaide to win and miss.

izFPEbQ.png

So just to clarify, If Adelaide beat Collingwood 65-64 then the Crows miss out with their percentage being 140.8

Realistically, an 18-22 Goal AFLW game is a year or two away so its win or bust. Personally, I don't think the Adelaide girls are playing nearly as well as Melbourne are right now so Brisbane will be cheering us on lol

Thanks for the chart, it helped me a lot.

God I hope we win this. Lose it, and I worry we'll develop the same one-hurdle-short culture we seem to have in the AFL.

So just to clarify, If Adelaide beat Collingwood 65-64 then the Crows miss out with their percentage being 140.8

Realistically, an 18-22 Goal AFLW game is a year or two away so its win or bust.

Yep, spot on. Interestingly enough if you guys make it on percentage it's that last minute of our game last week that killed our season, as without that we'd right now both be sitting on 150%

Yep, spot on. Interestingly enough if you guys make it on percentage it's that last minute of our game last week that killed our season, as without that we'd right now both be sitting on 150%

Good point. Those 2 goals are worth 4 now.

God I hope we win this.

I particularly want us to win for a few reasons. Firstly because Crowsgirls. Then to piss off Vic by playing in the first GF. And next, to piss off the teal because they're hoping so much for Crows to lose. On second thoughts, it's firstly because of the teal thing.

The Crows Girls need to keep their composure and hold onto the footy more. In recent weeks due to our style of quick play, the opposition have pressured us; flooded back in numbers and when they are in possession they have been chipping it around.

The Crows girls just can't keep hacking the ball forward blindly out of the contest. How often in games has this happened where it just lands in the defenders lap standing a kick behind the play but if she takes a quick look could have found an open target. I would like to see the Crows use Tex as a decoy more. Look for the open player. I think that has been attempted at times but its clear teams are double and triple teaming tex.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back