Game Day AFLW R4: Crows vs GWS @ Blacktown

Remove this Banner Ad

For a incredibly wet game with so many stoppages, it annoyed me that the umps tried to let the play go on, when it was clearly due for a ball up. So many minutes just wasted in those passages. And that non-free kick call that Noffy deserved in the defensive 50m was atrocious.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

There are a lot systemic reasons for it, but AFLW at the moment is so shit to watch.

Until they get the game closer to full time professionalism it’s hard tonsee the quality improving

More teams
Longer seasons
More opportunity to train the skills

That last kick from vanhagen was a real disappointment. Where the hell were all our forwards???

Can't fault our endeavor though. It was a gutsy last quarter. Just skills were magnified to be lacking in wet weather.

I don’t quite understand how it’s season over? We’re 1.5 games behind the top 2 with 3 games to play. Sure it’s not great but it’s well within then realms of mathematical.
Because the top 2 only need to win 2 more games and we're cooked!

I don’t quite understand how it’s season over? We’re 1.5 games behind the top 2 with 3 games to play. Sure it’s not great but it’s well within then realms of mathematical.

Well, we'd need to win all 3 games, teams 3-5 would need to drop 1 game and one of the top 2 would need to drop 2 games, and GWS would need to either drop a game or we'd need to gain percentage.

Fremantle and Carlton will automatically drop one game if we beat them. But we'd still need either Brisbane or Western Bulldogs (both playing Melbourne, Collingwood, GWS) to drop 2 of those games, and Melbourne to lose one.

Seems unlikely when those top 2 teams play the 2 of the bottom 3 teams

Remove this Banner Ad

Back