Media AFLW Swans News in the Media 2024

Our club in the Media

Remove this Banner Ad

ESPN reporters
AFLW Season 9 predictions: Who wins the flag, biggest riser, best and fairest, and more
Results:
Premier: North Melbourne (5), Brisbane (1)
Runner-up: Adelaide (3), North Melbourne (1), Sydney (1), Geelong (1)
Biggest riser: Sydney (2), Richmond (2), Collingwood (1), Port Adelaide (1)
Biggest slider: Melbourne (2), Gold Coast (2), St Kilda (1), Adelaide (1)
Wooden Spoon: West Coast (3), Western Bulldogs (1), GWS (1), Hawthorn (1)
Best & Fairest winner: Jasmine Garner (5), Mon Conti (1)
Leading Goalkicker: Ash Saint (3), Kate Hore (2), Tahlia Randall (1)
Rising Star: Shineah Goody (4), Kaitlyn Srhoj (1), Elaine Grigg (1)

Last edited:
Tanya's Take
Ahead of our Round 1 clash with Collingwood, the assistant coach reflected on the squad's preseason preparations and shared a preview of their upcoming campaign

We play at North Sydney Oval this Friday night. What makes the ground so unique?
That’s an easy one: the atmosphere! It’s a great local football ground where you can really feel the atmosphere on the field

30AUG24: Swans vs Magpies Match Report New

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Baffles me constantly how they grade these as careless. They are always intentional in my eye. She meant to iron Maddy out. Maybe not intending to get her high but they say if you bump you take the risk. Three weeks is kinda what was expected but this careless thing still annoys me.

Baffles me constantly how they grade these as careless. They are always intentional in my eye. She meant to iron Maddy out. Maybe not intending to get her high but they say if you bump you take the risk. Three weeks is kinda what was expected but this careless thing still annoys me.
And yet Isaac jostling to try to break free from an opponent ******ing him so he could lead towards the ball carrier was intentional…

I think some “bumps” are careless - the ones where a player was contesting the ball until the point they realised they couldn’t - like Wright on Cunningham, for example, or Browne on McCartin.

But the ones where the player really does choose to bump are as deliberate as any off the ball strike, or sometimes more deliberate.

Remove this Banner Ad

Media AFLW Swans News in the Media 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Back