Flogstradamus After 11 Years, Melbourne Are Finally Back In The Finals *TOTY 2017*

Remove this Banner Ad

Freo's result has no bearing on our finals prospects.

Melbourne have left the door ajar for us, and in true 2017 fashion we will slam our fingers in it.
You underestimate the power of the Melbourne choke.

Simple equation for the Eagles - Win by 18 points (yes, that's the exact minimum margin required, I've done the math) or more, and you're in the finals.

Eagles need to win by 3+ goals and Bombers need to win for Melbourne to be out.
That would be sweet.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

ever since Gawn returned from injury, he's been shit and next to useless costing his team.
You forgot that shit truck pretend captain in Nathan Jones. What a complete waste. Can't hit a target, shit with decisions and barely gave a single **** today. Demon fans deserve much better than him.

You underestimate the power of the Melbourne choke.

The Melbourne choke is done, though. We still need to win in order to be a chance of taking your spot.

It was a fair choke I'll give you that, but we are the kings of the fade out. If we could close out games we'd already have your spot (see Rd 14).

Just watch us play 3 decent quarters of footy, then go to sleep and either lose the game or win by a goal or so.

FYI, the last time we played Adelaide in Perth (last year) we were leading 11.8 to 7.7 half way through the third quarter then conceded 8.8 to 0.2 from then on.

31B99D1400000578-3470267-image-a-3_1456819299623.jpg

*blocks your path*

The Melbourne choke is done, though. We still need to win in order to be a chance of taking your spot.

It was a fair choke I'll give you that, but we are the kings of the fade out. If we could close out games we'd already have your spot (see Rd 14).

Just watch us play 3 decent quarters of footy, then go to sleep and either lose the game or win by a goal or so.

FYI, the last time we played Adelaide in Perth (last year) we were leading 11.8 to 7.7 half way through the third quarter then conceded 8.8 to 0.2 from then on.
But it isn't. The whole stage was set for this Scotland. I'm predicting West Coast by 25 with a Crows miss on the siren just to rub it in

Simple equation for the Eagles - Win by 18 points (yes, that's the exact minimum margin required, I've done the math) or more, and you're in the finals.

Not quite, but a 20 point win in a low scoring game (ie: 86 v 66) will see West Coast replace Melbourne in the top 8. Slightly higher score for both teams and it will have to be a 21 point win and so on.

Yep, but actually closer to 4 goals, around 22 points in a high scoring game for example.

Let's say WCE 115 de Adelaide 93
WCE 105.2655957%
Melb 105.2223371%

WCE win by 115 to 94

Last edited:
Well done campaigner. Thanks for the thread.

To be fair all season we've been inconsistent in games throwing in bad quarters and that's a recipe for disaster. Just too many players who lack something - skills, hardness, fitness, that when something goes wrong the whole game plan breaks down badly.

I was hoping for a taste of finals to give the players belief and buy in to work really hard next year but if the alternative is they miss out and that drives a ruthless desire to improve then that works as well.

Remove this Banner Ad

Flogstradamus After 11 Years, Melbourne Are Finally Back In The Finals *TOTY 2017*

Remove this Banner Ad

Back