Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 8, 2006
Western
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Melbourne Renegades
http://ageofempiresonline.com/

Anyone else gonna get into this? Quite looking forward to it. Has MMO elements (leveling etc like AOE3) thrown into the traditional AOE gameplay. They've taken the cartoony feel which I feel will work fine

Wanna get into the beta, but can't find any valid invite codes :(

I think the Beta's closed down so they can tweak the game before release. I know a couple people who were in it who said it's a lot of fun, very similar to the early games. So yeah, I'm definitely going to play it.

Also, it has priests that go "wololo", you can't really go wrong.

Hoping it is good, not sold on the graphics though. Hope it is like AOE 2 as i still play it constantly with friends.

Anybody play this yet, i tried to install it, said that the spartan campaign was corrupt, so i cracked the shits and vowed never to play it. Also looking closer at the packs available looks like a bit of a rip.

I have a level 6 Egypt civ and am loving it so far. Haven't paid a cent yet but will eventually. The way I figure it if I pay $20 for the Egyptian civ pack, get a few months out of that then get the Greek pack I'm doing alright. Especially when people playing WoW are paying $20 a month. Don't forget you're also playing on a pretty large server which costs money, I think what they're asking is pretty reasonable.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Level 12. Starting to get a tad sick of it I must admit. Got three quests, they're all co-op and I never seem to be able to find anyone to play with. Community is a bit meh

Umm umm umm. Yeah I think the crafting school comes from a quest. I'll get back to you the next time I logon

My username is Whitturne.

I've been a big AOE fan ever since I picked up AOE I for free in one of the gaming magazines about 13 years ago or so.

I bought the Greek civilisation package and am currently up to level 32 (I think it maxes out at 40).

Really enjoying it - but yet to tackle any human opponents in the arena.

On AOE online, I'm currently stuck on a particular mission, Arsinoe or something. I got a tip from the forum on how best to tackle it, but it is damn difficult - you cannot waste a single second thinking about what you'll do next, every split second is precious.

I've had to take a break from it to soothe my nerves.

Remove this Banner Ad

PC Age of Empires Online

Remove this Banner Ad

Back