AGSV 2009- First XVIII School Football

Remove this Banner Ad

Who is going to win the whloe thing do you reckon ?
its between assumption pegs and marcellin that is all, every other school is a bunch of pretenders. pegs need to lift if they wanna be up ther, assumption no worries in the grand final, marcellin will be an outsider but never underestimate them, my tip is a traditional assumption v pegs grand final like every other year.

Yeah I agree, Pegs v Assumption .

They have both forked out the most for footy scholarships , so bad luck to the kids who played year 7,8,9 and 10 A's and have now been shafted.,

They have both forked out the most for footy scholarships , so bad luck to the kids who played year 7,8,9 and 10 A's and have now been shafted.,

Assumption College Kilmore does not, nor has it ever handed out football scholarships in its 116 year history.

Year after year Assumption survives on tradition and the fighting spirit of the Dark and Light Blue!

A couple of ripper games ahead this weekend. Yarra Valley v Assumption and Marcellin v PEGS.

Thoughts on those? Are they both Friday afternoon games?

Assumption is playing today (friday) Assumption resting a few good players as they do not want injuries before both agsv and herald sun shield finals in the next few weeks.
Not sure about the other game...

anyone know the agsv rep side?

yeah all im hearing is assumption players fill the side against BAS and they only reason there not playing against APS is that they have the herald sun shield the day after.
assumption have 7:
Garvey-Hawke (C)
Wright
M.Talia
Toman
McMahon
Deed
Comi

Not a bad effort for 1 school to have 7 out of 22 players in a rep side

AGSV Premiership to Assumption College Kilmore this afternoon with around a ten goal victory over Essendon Grammar.

ACK took control from the start, had a handy lead at quarter time and into the second quarter before PEGS hit back with three quick goals late in the second.

The premiership quarter from the Dark and Light Blues was as good a display of football that you would ever witness. The Kilmore boys were fast and their tackling was ferocious as they nailed goal after goal to take a seven goal advantage into the last quarter.

The win marked Assumptions 38th AGSV Premiership in just 52 years of playing in the comp. As well the win was the Dark and Light Blues 78th Title in the schools 116 year history.

The legendary Ray Carroll at the helm of yet another flag for the country school in his 33rd season of coach of the First XVIII.

The Dark and Light Blues now shoot for the double - this Sunday they take on St. Patricks Ballarat in the Herald Sun Shield decider.

Lastly, it was a class act for Essendon coach Ken Fletcher to stand up, without being asked, and acknowledge Assumptions brilliance on the day.

Absolute Rubbish - I have no connection to either school but it is a well known fact that Assumption DO NOT give out scholarships.

It is a pity I can't say the same for PEGS - who is renowned for buying players.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

How did the VM boys go?

Did Daniel Talia play. Rumour at TAC Cup is that he is out for the season with severe OP.

i dont think robbie hicks got a possession, melcksham did his best along with toy but they had to do it all themselves really ..
daniel will most likely play this week on the mcg

WHAT TIME WILL THE AGSV VS THE OTHER w***erS BE HELD ON AUG 9??

NEED TO KNOW URGENT

thanks
span.jajahWrapper { font-size:1em; color:#B11196; text-decoration:underline; } a.jajahLink { color:#000000; text-decoration:none; } span.jajahInLink:hover { background-color:#B11196; }

Sunday 9 August - AGSV against APS
Etihad Stadium - 9.00 a.m.

WHAT TIME WILL THE AGSV VS THE OTHER w***erS BE HELD ON AUG 9??

NEED TO KNOW URGENT

thanks
span.jajahWrapper { font-size:1em; color:#B11196; text-decoration:underline; } a.jajahLink { color:#000000; text-decoration:none; } span.jajahInLink:hover { background-color:#B11196; }

Absolute Rubbish - I have no connection to either school but it is a well known fact that Assumption DO NOT give out scholarships.

It is a pity I can't say the same for PEGS - who is renowned for buying players.

Then answer this fact -
ACK Year 7A side in 2006 - beaten by over nearly 100 pts every week.
ACK Year 8A in 2007 - still as bad.
ACK Year 9A in 2008 - bottom of the ladder again.
ACK Year 10A in 2009 - unbeaten, wins by over 10 goals against sides that have beaten them for the past 3 years with the same squad ????

I despise scholarships/cheating - just look at what Hailybury did to the APS when they decided to buy a few APS premierships .
At least Xavier is back on top in the PS where they belong.

Then answer this fact -
ACK Year 10A in 2009 - unbeaten, wins by over 10 goals against sides that have beaten them for the past 3 years with the same squad ????

I despise scholarships/cheating - just look at what Hailybury did to the APS when they decided to buy a few APS premierships .

This is not because of scholarships but because many country schools do not go up to year 12 so boys have to go to another school at the end of years 9 and 10 and an obvious choice is Assumption becasue of it's good record and it's boarding program. Again not because of scholarships!

This is not because of scholarships but because many country schools do not go up to year 12 so boys have to go to another school at the end of years 9 and 10 and an obvious choice is Assumption becasue of it's good record and it's boarding program. Again not because of scholarships!

So all of the boarders just happen to be gun AFL players but no good at Aths ????

Then answer this fact -

Xavier had one of their worst ever years, finishing 8th and were tied for last coming into the last round. http://www.apssport.org.au/fileadmin/user_upload/Results/Winter/Results_-_Boys_Football_09.pdf

Haileybury finished 2nd, equal on points with st kevins, in their last strong scholarship year group. Xavier's next strong year group is in yr 10.

Xavier had one of their worst ever years, finishing 8th and were tied for last coming into the last round. http://www.apssport.org.au/fileadmin/user_upload/Results/Winter/Results_-_Boys_Football_09.pdf

Haileybury finished 2nd, equal on points with st kevins, in their last strong scholarship year group. Xavier's next strong year group is in yr 10.

That's what I thought - but in the APS thread they are talking about Xavier 1st XVIII being on top of the ladder ??

Agree that the current Xavs Year 10 are guns - would probably give the ACK scholarship/boarder or whatever they are, a run for their money.

So all of the boarders just happen to be gun AFL players but no good at Aths ????

Punt Road Feral makes a good point. Why don't you just stop clutching at straws and realize that you have absolutely no idea what is going on at Assumption. Take it from someone who has been there for 6 years mate.
And maybe next time you'll get your facts straight before commenting on something you would know nothing about.

By the way, what the hell does Aths have to do with anything?????

Punt Road Feral makes a good point. Why don't you just stop clutching at straws and realize that you have absolutely no idea what is going on at Assumption. Take it from someone who has been there for 6 years mate.
And maybe next time you'll get your facts straight before commenting on something you would know nothing about.

By the way, what the hell does Aths have to do with anything?????

Just shows that ACK only care about Footy and basically cheat to win - no natural ability a tthe school - juist this "imported" stuff.

All the other schools know it mate - its only the ACK cheersquad that post the Crapola like "32 WINS IN 58 YEARS".

Other schools go for the allround education. We are not besotted in going on like you clowns.

BTW - what are the Year 9's who used to play Footy now doing ???? After they have been shafted by the Scholarship/boarders or whatever u call them ??
Table Tennis maybe ???

Did the parents get a refund on their fees when little Johnnie got shafted from the 1st XVIII ???

I know a lot more that's going on than you will ever learn

Remove this Banner Ad

AGSV 2009- First XVIII School Football

Remove this Banner Ad

Back