AIHL Season 2010

Remove this Banner Ad

This is GREAT news... Finally more opportunities for Victorians to play at the top level.. Thunder has been accepted in 2012, they will play exibition games like the Mustangs did last year.. IM going to get a membership so I dont have to worry about seats lol!!!

GO STANGS GO!!!!

Well done to Melbourne Ice on their victory in 2010.

The team is garnering a nice following and also some media attention.

The captain of the side is a work colleague of mine. He was spreading the word about the league at the start of the year. I'd never given ice hockey a thought before. Even though he sold the game well, I never did attend a game. I might have to in season 2011 after watching highlights videos on their website:

www.melbourneice.com.au

Going to get a membership as well for season 2011. Went enough times to warrant it, really pumped. Between this, the World Champs and seeing the NHL live recently I've finally got some real decent hockey fixes on the agenda.

as the new season is soon upon us i hear jamie bourke will not be wearing the melbourne ice jersey this year. instead he is being poached by the mustangs. any truth in this?

as the new season is soon upon us i hear jamie bourke will not be wearing the melbourne ice jersey this year. instead he is being poached by the mustangs. any truth in this?

As someone who is now a volunteer with the mustangs comittee, I will say that the Mustangs are not "poaching" any players. Infact they are not allowed to take any AIHL players from other teams without a release. That is the AIHL rule. Furthermore both Jaime Bourke and Sean Jones were told by the head coach there services would not be needed this season. The word poaching sure does sound like its coming from the team manager mouth and from what I hear his services might not be needed much longer neither if he keeps up the rumours..

BTW Bourke and Jones were asked at a skate last night why they were there!!

As someone who is now a volunteer with the mustangs comittee, I will say that the Mustangs are not "poaching" any players. Infact they are not allowed to take any AIHL players from other teams without a release. That is the AIHL rule. Furthermore both Jaime Bourke and Sean Jones were told by the head coach there services would not be needed this season. The word poaching sure does sound like its coming from the team manager mouth and from what I hear his services might not be needed much longer neither if he keeps up the rumours..

well thanks vicdad, for nailing that down and putting the inuendo to bed. good luck to both boys where ever they decide to play. as far as bourke goes i am a big fan and i know he was hurting all last season. the kid is a freak and to not even hit the ice for a single shift, apart from the warm up in the grand final was wrong. good luck to him. roll on the first thursday nite derby encounter.

BTW i hardly believe Jaffa wouldnt want bourkie on his list no matter what line he was on

well vicdad it seems that your comment about the team managers services might not be needed much longer may have an inkling of truth or maybe just rumour. i say this only as an observation as i notice the melb ice are advertising for two assistant managers on their website. this tells me that it could really only be one or two things. 1, the job is becomming rather time and mentally demanding, i.e. dealing with all the mundane and political aspects as well as managing every other aspect of the team or 2, as you indicate his days could be numbered and ,or the organisation may be looking to replace the team manager. Or then again maybe the manager wants to cut back on his responsibilities and they could be blooding fresh meat. time will tell and i will wait and see what plays out.

my previous comments about bourkey possibly leaving were in no way affiliated with any member of the melbourne ice. i happen to know a lot of people in hockey and i keep my ear close to the ground

apparently jamie bourke is staying with the ice this season. congratulations on his descision. it is his descision and good luck to him. perhaps the ice organisation will realise the potential asset he will be. a definite pity he did not elect to suit up with the mustangs this year. a lot of us have seen him play on many different teams throughtout his junior career along side many of the mustang players and we all know how potent they have been as a unit. brave descision jamie and good luck.

Remove this Banner Ad

AIHL Season 2010

Remove this Banner Ad

Back