AIHL Season 2012

Remove this Banner Ad

Has anyone been to a Ice/Mustangs game this season?

Im looking at going to the Ice/adrenaline game on Sat May 26.

Is it difficult to get tickets? as my mate doesnt know his saturday work roster until the Tuesday before we cant buy tickets until the wednesday before the game.

Is it getting popular enough to a point where you have to get tickets early, or will we be ok to get tix a few days before the game on May 26..

Ice v Mustangs games sell out so I would suggest you book ahead early in the week of the game if you want to see this game.

As for other matches, such as Ice v Adrenlaine it is also a good idea to book ahead as Melbourne Ice membership allocation is full which therefore means walk up seats are pretty limited.

If you were going to a Mustangs home game, I don't think you have any problems in walking up the day of the game as they have less support than the Ice home games.

Bit of an old fashion dust-up in the Melb Ice v Perth game last Saturday. Blood was shed, took a while to clean it off the ice lol.

Eagely awaiting the Vinnie Hughes tribunal verdict.

The way he left the bench and was manhandling referees to get to the Perth player so he could fight was pretty disgraceful.
Expecting a long suspension considering he has priors.

The way he left the bench and was manhandling referees to get to the Perth player so he could fight was pretty disgraceful.
Does anyone have a video of it? Sounds like a Vinnie special

I'd imagine the Ice would have the footage given they film all matches.

Hope it isn't released though. Could only serve to give the league a bad name. Was an average effort by Hughes IMHO. Ironically, Perth player would have just been put in the penalty box, but got a game misconduct for being in the fight, of which Hughes was the total spark of.

Same happened yesterday in a way, big hit on one of the Ice youngsters and Mitch Humphries came in swinging. Blue Tongues player put in box as Humphries vacated the ice, then Blue Tongues player was given a game misconduct for his part in the fight, of which it simply looked as if he was trying to fend off the eight-ten haymakers thrown in his direction.

[YOUTUBE]Yj8lg6yETBk[/YOUTUBE]

37 seconds in, you decide if it was worth the retaliation..

Good to see Wilson appreciating Humphries standing up for his teammate, kid was completely unaware it was coming which is not great on his part, but the hit was pretty unreasonable given we don't see too many really big hits in this league. Had the situation been reversed, i would have had no issue with a gold coast player coming in to fly the flag to let them know that's not on.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I have nothing to add other than I love your user name! Yay ex-Whalers!

Question: Are AIHL games televised on the web? Want to check this league out.

You can watch Melbourne Ice games online. Not sure about the other teams.

Whalers? Nah, I became a fan of PS when he was with Devils towards the end of his career.

Thanks, I'll check the Ice out. As for PS, I still remember him shutting out Quebec 4-0 in 1992 at a game I went to at the Hartford Civic Center. Got him to sign a trading card after the game if memory serves.

Something I've been sitting on for a few months that I can finally mention now. The Melbourne Ice have announced a 6-part docco in the vein of HBO's 24/7 called "Road to 3PEAT". The series is being funded by HBO but produced by a local production company who've been filming since training camp. The first episode is being previewed at the Icehouse this Sunday at 2pm. Limit of 50 tickets at $10 each. http://www.melbourneice.com.au/2012/06/road-to-3peat-exclusive-preview/

Should be interesting.

Something I've been sitting on for a few months that I can finally mention now. The Melbourne Ice have announced a 6-part docco in the vein of HBO's 24/7 called "Road to 3PEAT". The series is being funded by HBO but produced by a local production company who've been filming since training camp. The first episode is being previewed at the Icehouse this Sunday at 2pm. Limit of 50 tickets at $10 each. http://www.melbourneice.com.au/2012/06/road-to-3peat-exclusive-preview/

Should be interesting.
Was played on the scene during the build up to the final game of the TTCL. Looks well produced, should be good viewing.

Confirmed. Mustangs new coach bill wilkinson has been fired. Team had no confidence in him. Lafs to see out season. Good luck mustangs. Will be a doozy this sat nite at the melbourne derby.

Heading up to Newcastle for the finals this weekend, should be good. Based on Melbourne's form over the last month i don't think they will win it, and it will be very hard for anyone to top the North Stars.

Saturday 1st September - 3:30pm Adrenaline vs North Stars, 7pm Ice Dogs vs Ice
Sunday 2nd September - 4pm Grand Final

will be streamed on http://www.livestream.com/aihl

Remove this Banner Ad

AIHL Season 2012

Remove this Banner Ad

Back