Aisake?

Remove this Banner Ad

I guess Hampson would be in the mix too

For sure, for mine the pecking order next season would be...

Cloke
Aisake
Hampson
Ackland
Kreuzer

Even if Cloke gets injured (lets hope not) I would rather go with the ruck combo of Aisake and Hampson. I couldn't stand Ackland's pathetic attitude this year.

havent seen much of asike but looking forward 2 him looks like an alround athlete for a big man

Given his game against Melbourne in round 22, I would have thought he'd be well in the mix for round 1 next year.

If his shoulder(s) are ok, then don't forget about Cloke.

Totally agree. Was one of the most impressive games I've seen from a young Blue in a while. That game left me in no doubt that he will be a gun ruckman, maybe even in the Cox class.

I've also heard (from TC), that he has already been training hard at PP with a personal trainer while some of the other guys were on holidays. Apparently Ratts was super impressed.

It could be a line ball between the two with Kreuzers body not being developed enough to take on the gorillas and Aisake being very raw.

Too bad Aisake missed the end of last year as he would have had a great opportunity to impress. Too close to call.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Must be something to do with originally being at Port Adelaide ... first French, now him...
You can't compare Barney's attitude to Ackland's. Barney was a guy of average ability who gave everything he had and took some fearsome hits doing it.

Still has a long way to go. I think Hampson has gone straight past all of them. I'd use Setanta as a back up next year. Give Aisake one more year but he needs to get a move on if he is going to make it.

Played against the useless fella!

You should know he's only been playing the game a couple of years then,:rolleyes:

Pretty happy with his development so far. Shows huge potential - awesome athleticism for a bloke 6'7.:thumbsu:

Will get delisted next year!
Been on the list for a whlie and has not even impressed playin VFL Reserves!

Surely there a few things that should come under consideration

a) The fact like his brother, he doesn't come from a football background
b) His size, we all know bigger guys take longer to develop
c) Jim Stynes, i just felt like throwing the name in :p

i'm sure there are probably other things to consider that aren't coming to mind...

Will get delisted next year!
Been on the list for a whlie and has not even impressed playin VFL Reserves!

:confused::confused: Have you been living in a cave or something, Aisake was all set to be promoted last year until he got OP. He was put away to have an op and will be added to the full list in the near future. I believe he is 202cm, about 101 kg and runs like the wind. I think He will be the big improver this year and will provide a first top flight ruck combination (with Cloke/Hampson) this year.

He will be a 10 year gun player.:thumbsdown::thumbsdown:

I've been sort of surprised by the amount of people that have Hampson above Aisake.

From what I saw of Hampson he looks AWESOME! The kind of ruckman we have required for the past 10 years.

Now to critique his game, he was slow and didn't have the tank to keep up around the ground. He is probably working on his fitness atm, but around the ground he seemed overwhelmed and lost at times and didn't know where to go. Totally expected from a ruckman of his age and knowledge of AFL.

Hampson needs time to learn more of the basics about what to do. I see his 08 playing between 2-5 games (providing no injury to either Cloke or Aisake). If he can learn his craft in the VFL, he and the CFC are probably going to be better for it.

Anyway that's just my two cents

Remove this Banner Ad

Aisake?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back