Past Albert Proud (2007-2011)

Remove this Banner Ad

Oh Albie...

Former Lions midfielder Albert Proud jailed for list of driving offences
  • Kate McKenna
  • The Sunday Mail (Qld)
  • December 21, 2014 12:00AM
A TROUBLED former Lions midfielder who sped his car down the wrong side of an inner-Brisbane street to dodge police was unlicensed and more than twice the legal blood alcohol limit.

Albert Proud, 26, was sentenced to 19 months in jail after pleading guilty in the Brisbane Magistrates Court to six charges stemming from the Fortitude Valley incident.

A terrible waste of talent, if anyone saw him play for QLD in the 18s during his underage year you would have thought Proud was a 200 game plus talent.
I think the game would of suited him more during the early 2000's. You can just imagine how much of an asset he would of been during the Lethal era. But I agree 100% acuguy. The best thing for Albie's footy & life would of been getting drafted interstate.

Most of you guys probably don't know that Albert has been playing QAFL Div 1 footy for the Wilston-Grange Gorillas this year, and he's going sensationally well.

I've watched Proudy play several times this year, including last Saturday where he was one of the best on when the Gorillas smashed the second-placed Wests Magpies by 10 goals in a qualifying final at Yeronga. He's fit, fast and lean, never seen him in better shape, and still terrorising blokes with his attack on the ball or man. Makes you think, again, what could have been.....

I know that the boys absolutely love playing with Alby, the club's President can't speak more highly of him, and he might just win a QAFL flag this year.

Anyway, it's a great story of redemption, hopefully Alby stays fit and healthy, but more importantly, happy.

Most of you guys probably don't know that Albert has been playing QAFL Div 1 footy for the Wilston-Grange Gorillas this year, and he's going sensationally well.

I've watched Proudy play several times this year, including last Saturday where he was one of the best on when the Gorillas smashed the second-placed Wests Magpies by 10 goals in a qualifying final at Yeronga. He's fit, fast and lean, never seen him in better shape, and still terrorising blokes with his attack on the ball or man. Makes you think, again, what could have been.....

I know that the boys absolutely love playing with Alby, the club's President can't speak more highly of him, and he might just win a QAFL flag this year.

Anyway, it's a great story of redemption, hopefully Alby stays fit and healthy, but more importantly, happy.

Timely bump Judge. We saw him at Cleveland Point last weekend.

He looked absolutely cut. Seriously fit - much fitter than he ever looked as a Lion. Also appeared to be entertaining a small child (presumably his own).

He seemed to be wearing fatherhood well. Looked very at peace with the world.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That's good to hear that he's doing well and trying to stay in the right direction in life! I hope he keeps going

Didn't he glass some chick in the face a few years back?

Didn't he glass some chick in the face a few years back?
This guy is an absolute flog. When he was on the list he was buying a dog (my workmate bought his rottie the same day) and he was there with his then mrs and my workmate told me the way he treated his mrs and any other person he spoke to like they where shit.

This guy is an absolute flog. When he was on the list he was buying a dog (my workmate bought his rottie the same day) and he was there with his then mrs and my workmate told me the way he treated his mrs and any other person he spoke to like they where shit.

agreed, was talking to a friend the other day who is related to that ex missus of his, the amount of abuse she copped from this bloke, glad he never made it and sad we wasted a valuable pick on him

Reading the last three posts leaves me with little doubt that Proud has had many undesirable episodes in his chequered life.

Like all most of us.

If he's making an effort to get his act together in the here and now, shouldn't that be cause for giving the guy encouragement, rather than slapping him around the head with the demons from his past?

Reading the last three posts leaves me with little doubt that Proud has had many undesirable episodes in his chequered life.

Like all most of us.

If he's making an effort to get his act together in the here and now, shouldn't that be cause for giving the guy encouragement, rather than slapping him around the head with the demons from his past?
Sorry mate i find it hard to forgive drink driving while speeding and belting around ya missus.

Flog deserves to be in a hole somewhere.

/facepalm

http://www.news.com.au/sport/afl/fo...-kill-girlfriend/story-fndv7pj3-1227601623865

FORMER Brisbane Lions player Albert Proud is in custody charged with the attempted murder of his girlfriend.

The footballer’s charges were dealt with briefly in the Richlands Magistrates Court this morning.

He did not apply for bail.

Proud has been charged with attempted murder, acts intended to cause grievous bodily harm and wilful damage.

It is understood the charges relate to events that took place in Holland Park during the early hours of Sunday morning.

Like all most of us.

Feel free to give this guy his seco.... i mean thi... i mean ive forgotten how many chances he has been given.

Sounds like a shitful human being.

Hopefully he is given plenty of time to readdress whatever issues he may have and eventually turn the corner for the betterment of himself and everyone around him.

Remove this Banner Ad

Past Albert Proud (2007-2011)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back