Recommitted Alex Witherden

Remove this Banner Ad

Very underrated player.

Hope he plays on at WC. Only 23, has a lot of strong assets, couple of things to work on.

Underrated yet Brisbane were happy to let him go and pay $ of his contract to do so, and couldn’t hold down a spot in the Eagles 22 this year?

Many Brisbane supporters were saying what most Eagles supporters are now saying - weak defensive game and is slow, and kicking overrated.

Witherden is best suited to the rebounding half back role. He has been played as a faux lockdown defender for parts of the year in the worst WCE team in history. Of course his output has been average. Barrass aside, the entire WCE squad has been a steaming pile of sh!t. If you think Witherden is bad, have a look further up the field at the midfield.

Witherden is best suited to the rebounding half back role. He has been played as a faux lockdown defender for parts of the year in the worst WCE team in history. Of course his output has been average. Barrass aside, the entire WCE squad has been a steaming pile of sh!t. If you think Witherden is bad, have a look further up the field at the midfield.
Regardless of the rest of the team being shit, he's been putrid.
Is soft as butter and slow.

I can still picture Darcy Fogerty turning him inside out and then running away from him and having a bounce.

That he couldn't hold down a spot in a terrible side tells you all you need to know.

He's a list clogger.

He's not a dud, he's just a guy with a limited skill set. Defensively limited and needs to be the attacking focal point of the defence to really shine.

If you are like Brisbane (Rich) or WC (Barrass vs the world, everything else a shambles) he is borderline. Could see him slotting into our team next year and playing every game or playing a handful of games and being de-listed. Ditto if he moves this off season.

Can't defend, slow a treacle, kicking whilst it can be elite doesn't have the penetration of a younger hurn or Rich or Jetta. Also prone to ******* 2-3 kicks a game resulting directly in goals. If his kicking gives up 3 goals a game and his defending gives up 3 goals a game nothing more needs to be said.
Mate, I like you, and respect your insights into footy, drafting and all things WCE but this is silly...

You've just decided that he is prone to directly leading to 2-3 opp goals a game. The most clangers he has kicked in a game this year is 5. That happened twice. He avgs 2.2 clangers a game, for comparisons sake Duggan averages 2.7. Also witherden averages more disposals a game so that's a lower clanger rate.

I still think he has had an off season, but not as bad as all that!

Mate, I like you, and respect your insights into footy, drafting and all things WCE but this is silly...

You've just decided that he is prone to directly leading to 2-3 opp goals a game. The most clangers he has kicked in a game this year is 5. That happened twice. He avgs 2.2 clangers a game, for comparisons sake Duggan averages 2.7. Also witherden averages more disposals a game so that's a lower clanger rate.

I still think he has had an off season, but not as bad as all that!
I agree. In fact, stat wise he has had his best season in disposals.

If we want to talk poor performances, Ridley this year has been poor in an Essendon side.

It's natural that blokes in a poor performing side would be that. Poor.

The amount of people want Jake Kelly gone just because he was played as a lockdown key defender instead of manning small forwards.

If Witherden is delisted, I'll be shocked.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If we want to talk poor performances, Ridley this year has been poor in an Essendon side.

The amount of people want Jake Kelly gone just because he was played as a lockdown key defender instead of manning small forwards.

Not much fun playing defense at the Eagles this year.

Barrass had a ripper year as the intercept tall defender. Not surprising with the tsunami of ball being pumped into our defensive 50.

And when our defenders looked up field to rebound.................:straining::poo::sick: :rolleyes:

Be prepared to be shocked I reckon.

So he is contracted? I cannot find anything about it, anywhere. Perhaps I'm not looking hard enough.... 🤷

Remove this Banner Ad

Recommitted Alex Witherden

Remove this Banner Ad

Back