Player Watch Aliir Aliir

Remove this Banner Ad

Clapping Applause GIF

I don't know, I think Esava cops an unfair whack and is actually our best defender but to me Aliir costs us goals in the form he is in.
Watch Esava carefully - he does pretty well in one on one contests, so no issues there. My problem with him is that too often he chooses to leave his man and go and impact another contest, but doesn't impact the contest at all (often doesn't even make the contest) - he then leaves his man free goal side and suddenly there are free players everywhere as the rest of the defence are trying to cover his man.

I said this in another thread, he's shown a lot of promise, and he's got all the physical attributes, but his defending is often braindead.

I know he's new to defending, so absolutely not writing him off. I just hope he learns and develops quickly.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Pretty good stuff from Aliir there.

Two things that stood out. Apart from his first game played, he doesn't have a highlight playing for Port Adelaide and there seems to be an issue with leadership within the playing group if Selwood asked Aliir to step up.

Sorry for going off topic. So congratulations Aliir, you have been an inspiration on and off field since getting to Port.

I thought I'd give Aliir a bump.

Fantastic game on the weekend and hit every pack hard and intercepted with grace and power.

I think he really works well with Bergman.

And Zerk is no slouch either.

With Lachie Jones and Logan Evans also good in the air for their size but needing to hone their marking, the backline is looking very good for intercepting.

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch Aliir Aliir

Remove this Banner Ad

Back