Delisted Alistair Smith

Remove this Banner Ad

Code:
Pos Number Player       Age    Games    Price        2010            2009       
                        DT     SC     Played    DT Avg    SC Avg    Played    DT Avg     SC Avg   
MID 39 SMITH, Alistair    20    0    $97,600    $110,200 0    0.0    0.0    0    0.0    0.0

Full Name: Alistair Smith
Date Of Birth: 8 August 1990 (1990-08-08) (age 20)
Recruited From: Perth (WAFL). Drafted by St Kilda at Pick #62, 2008 AFL Draft
Height: 184cm
Weight: 83kg

Re: Round 9 vs West Coast

Why?

He would not have played on Subi too many times.. :/

Well, people are saying "PICK THIS BLOKE, HE'S FROM WA!" despite any sort of form so I figure, hey, why not use the same logic on someone who's shown a bit more. :p

Well, people are saying "PICK THIS BLOKE, HE'S FROM WA!" despite any sort of form so I figure, hey, why not use the same logic on someone who's shown a bit more. :p

WAFL clubs only play at Subiaco Oval for the Grand Final so Smith wouldn't have played there much, if at all. Peake would have played there virtually every second week with Freo so would be a lot more familiar with the ground.

I would play Blake on Naitanui. He is a reasonable ruckman, far smarter than Naitanui and has the engine and defensive skills to keep Naitanui quiet while he can also take him on and get some easy goals (Naitanui's defensive game is non existent).

Gardiner has played very well on Cox and McEvoy could be tried as that second forward. Stanley played most of the Sandy game last Saturday in the ruck (yes, he is fast, but appears to have a slight problem bouncing the ball at high speed). Walsh played 1 1/2 quarters forward - not sure if that is enough to replace Nick Riewoldt. Heyne deserves another chance and will hopefully do better with more space available to him.

In defense, I would play Baker on LeCras and Fisher (far too good in the backline to be a forward) or Gilbert on Kennedy. I would give Dawson a week off and bring in Clarke to use his speed and rebounding capabilities on the large ground.

Steven, Eddy or Peake could come in for Gram (and possibly McQualter and Armitage - the zero clearances beast). Smith spent far more time on the bench than on the ground for Sandy and will certainly not be ready for a full game on the huge Subiaco ground.

Please Ross Lyon give this guy a game.

He's a gun. :thumbsu:

I saw him in our NAB Cup games and he will ride a tackle and put his head over the footy.

I think the Tigers got us done in the contested footy so we really need another ball winner.

Should get selected ahead of Eddy. :D

Please Ross Lyon give this guy a game.

He's a gun. :thumbsu:

I saw him in our NAB Cup games and he will ride a tackle and put his head over the footy.

I think the Tigers got us done in the contested footy so we really need another ball winner.

Should get selected ahead of Eddy. :D
Dont think so Jug,he has been named in the Sandi side,not a good sign,Ross loves Eddy and Gears.:confused:

Dont think so Jug,he has been named in the Sandi side,not a good sign,Ross loves Eddy and Gears.:confused:

all the interchange players named are usually named for sandi as well. thats the way it goes. it does not mean he will or will not be picked.

but somehow i doubt that he will be picked, he might be the 23rd player that goes up so that he can go home for the weekend?

all the interchange players named are usually named for sandi as well. thats the way it goes. it does not mean he will or will not be picked.

but somehow i doubt that he will be picked, he might be the 23rd player that goes up so that he can go home for the weekend?
They are usually named on the Sandi bench,not in their run on side.Lyon does not send players home for a holiday...let me assure you he has NO sentiment about him.Think Heyne will be most likely.:p

Thanks for moving my post here Kildonan.

I really think he's a star of the future this guy.

Anybody know if he got on the plane west??? When does the team leave? I guess we'll know tomorrow when he's most likely named as an emergency.

Anybody know if he got on the plane west??? When does the team leave?

They are heading over today :

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-ne...-up-with-charter-advantage-20100609-xwth.html

Football manager Greg Hutchison said the charter flight three weeks ago was arranged so players and staff had adequate time to prepare for the following week's match. ''We weren't in a position to get a flight back at a time that enabled our players to prepare properly for the next week,'' he told The Age.

''Hence, we explored the option of chartering a plane and we've done that again.''

He said a travel subsidy provided by the league goes towards ''part payment of the charter flight'' and all clubs had access to the subsidy and could make similar arrangements.

''There's a bit more room on the plane and you're travelling with your own people, so that is an advantage,'' he said. ''I'm sure teams from Perth - if they explored the opportunity - maybe they would be doing it themselves.

''We've been supported and been able to do it, but we certainly haven't been given any extra financial compensation to do it, other than our usual travel allowance.''

The Saints leave for Perth tomorrow.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Would be a little surprised if he debuted (ahead of selecting Heyney), as he's had a different role of late as a run-with player.

With CJ and Bakes in the team, unless there is a match-up issue then there doesn't seem to be an obvious spot.

It's real difficult to ascertain the performance of a run-with player in the VFL unless you know the opposition player they are trying to shut down. With Collingwood running the rotations hard as usual I wasn't totally sure who Alias was on - and I was paying more attention to Armo and Heyney in the midfield anyway.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/208/default.aspx?newsid=70074

Bio: A left-footed, medium midfielder with pace and good skills, Smith represented Western Australia at the NAB AFL Under-18 Championships.

Western Australia U18 coach Andrew Lockyer says:
Midfielder, left footer, very quick and has great skills. He played a couple of games in the 18s before he got injured. He had the first signs of osteitis pubis so we stopped playing him and he didn’t play for the rest of the season. The last game we saw him [play] against Swan Districts, he was outstanding in the midfield and had something like 20 possessions just to half time. He’s got the pace to play in the midfield and he’s definitely got the skills. He needs to probably work on his body size, do some weights, but he’ll make a very good player.

Draft Camp highlights:
9th repeat sprints (six x 30m sprints) 25.48sec
=10th standing vertical jump 67cm

Remove this Banner Ad

Back