All things Politics

Remove this Banner Ad

It is recognised that this is a fraught topic for any number of you posting here. Some of you will have family in Israel or Palestine. Some of you will have connections to either side of the conflict. What you need to understand is that this site has rules governing posting standards and the appropriate way to talk to other posters, and you will abide by them.

How this interacts with this thread is that the following will result in your post being deleted, with a recurrence of the same behaviour resulting in (depending on severity) a threadban for a week and a day off:
  • direct labelling of someone as anti-semitic or a terrorist sympathiser for posting that is merely critical of Israel's response over time. Israel has the right to defend themselves from violence, but that does not mean that Israel has carte blanche to attack disproportionately towards people under their care.
  • deliberate goading or flippant responses, designed to get people reacting to your posting emotionally.
  • abuse.
  • attempts to turn this into a Left vs Right shitfight.
  • Use the word 'Nazi' in here, you had better be able to justify it in the post you're making and the comparison had better be apt. Godwin's law is in full effect for the purposes of this thread; if you refer to Nazis, you've lost whatever argument you're involved in.
  • Any defense of Hamas' actions on the basis of justification. There's no justification for genocide, regardless of whether or not they have the power to do so.
Please recognise that this is a difficult time for all involved, and some level of sensitivity is absolutely required to permit discussion to flow. From time to time, mods will reach out to specific posters and do some welfare checks; we may even give posters who get a bit too involved some days off to give people some time to cool down. This is not a reflection on you as a poster, merely that this is an intense subject.

I get that this is a fairly intense topic about which opinion can diverge rather significantly. If you feel you cannot be respectful in your disagreement with another poster, it is frequently better to refuse to engage than it is to take up the call.

From this point, any poster who finds themselves directly insulting another poster will find themselves receiving a threadban and an infraction, with each subsequent reoccurance resulting in steadily more points added to your account.

It has also become apparent that this needs to be said: just because someone moderates this forum that does not hold them to a different standard of posting than anyone else. All of us were posters first, and we are allowed to hold opinions on this and share them on this forum.

Treat each other with the respect each of you deserve.

Maggie5 Gone Critical Anzacday Jen2310

You don't remember the happy clappy people you always go on about. Well, they're protestant. What do you think will happen if Israel stops right now. Do you honestly believe that Hamas will just go away, they will start bombing Israel the next day. Those happy clappy people believe that the jews are gods chosen people. Their faith demands it, as does the bible they believe in. So, you don't want them to have their beliefs in other words. If you were truly a humanitarian, you would respect every belief system, not just those that suit your agenda. As I said, Hamas knew exactly what they were doing, even though they've been warned for years. If Hamas had any spread of decency, they would have taken into consideration what would happen to innocent palestinians. But no, they chose to sacrifice 40,000 palestinians so far just to commit to their cause. I can guarantee you that the true peaceful palestinians don't want Hamas representing them. You are picking and choosing what you want to get across.

You do understand that it's Israel which has killed all those Palestinians, don't you?

That it's Israel, not Hamas, which has largely obliterated Gaza and now proceeds to starve the Palestinian people to death?

I have no clear idea of what you're going on about with the whole Christian/Protestant belief in the Jews as God's chosen people. It just doesn't seem significant to me. Is there any reason why it should?

You do understand that it's Israel which has killed all those Palestinians, don't you?

That it's Israel, not Hamas, which has largely obliterated Gaza and now proceeds to starve the Palestinian people to death?

I have no clear idea of what you're going on about with the whole Christian/Protestant belief in the Jews as God's chosen people. It just doesn't seem significant to me. Is there any reason why it should?
If you don't know the difference or what they believe, then why are you using it as an example. It has everything to do with it. Maybe if you stopped reading media propaganda and did your own research on Catholicismand protestant , you might see things differently. I understand perfectly who is doing the killing atm but even you can't deny that Hamas knew very well what would result if they attacked. It was a blatant disregard for the Palestinian people. Had Hamas not attacked on October 7, we wouldn't be having this conversation. To expect Israel to stop now without any guarantee that Hamas won't bomb them is just being silly. This goes back 3,000 years or more, it didn't start on October 7. Calling people of faith happy clappy without any knowledge is just plain ignorance. Still picking and choosing

If you don't know the difference or what they believe, then why are you using it as an example. It has everything to do with it. Maybe if you stopped reading media propaganda and did your own research on Catholicismand protestant , you might see things differently.

I don't understand why you keep going on about this. Why is it relevant?

Honestly, stop prattling on about Christians.

To expect Israel to stop now without any guarantee that Hamas won't bomb them is just being silly. This goes back 3,000 years or more, it didn't start on October 7.

The notion that Israel can butcher its way into permanent peace is even more ridiculous than the idea that the US could do the same.

Israel is an occupying power in the process of dispossessing Palestinian people from their land. It is a violence which begets violence.

The notion that Israel can butcher its way into permanent peace is even more ridiculous than the idea that the US could do the same.

Israel is an occupying power in the process of dispossessing Palestinian people from their land. It is a violence which begets violence.
People talk about Christian Zionists, well there is no such thing. Every protestant is a Christian Zionist because the bible tells them that they are gods chosen people and they accept and respect that. Catholics aren't because they have added to the bible to suit their own narrative and have their own Zionist, so to speak, in the pope. Catholics tell you that you have to give them money in order to be saved, whereas, the protestant isn't required to do anything except believe that jesus is the saviour. They don't ask for money,as a means to salvation, they go by the bible, which states that you should give 10% of your wage to God. There is no works involved. It's very important when using the words Christian Zionist. As for biden, who is a Catholic, he's just a puppet who's being controlled by the real protagonists of this whole thing. I am not a practising Christian but my mum is a messianic jew, albeit, only1/8 th. My mum is a protestant and she explains it all to me and then I check what the bible says. I hate having quarrels with you because you have such a great heart. I just hope you understand where some of this is coming from. Basically Catholics sell salvation but the bible says to do the opposite. I might leave it there mate because it's probably not a thread I should engage with.

The question is whether starvation is going to give the israelis the same sugar hit as bombing the palestinians. It might be enough for the average plodder in tel aviv, but what about those american immigrant settlers rattling the rajah gates? They want pain and suffering....

People talk about Christian Zionists, well there is no such thing. Every protestant is a Christian Zionist because the bible tells them that they are gods chosen people and they accept and respect that. Catholics aren't because they have added to the bible to suit their own narrative and have their own Zionist, so to speak, in the pope. Catholics tell you that you have to give them money in order to be saved, whereas, the protestant isn't required to do anything except believe that jesus is the saviour. They don't ask for money,as a means to salvation, they go by the bible, which states that you should give 10% of your wage to God. There is no works involved. It's very important when using the words Christian Zionist. As for biden, who is a Catholic, he's just a puppet who's being controlled by the real protagonists of this whole thing. I am not a practising Christian but my mum is a messianic jew, albeit, only1/8 th. My mum is a protestant and she explains it all to me and then I check what the bible says. I hate having quarrels with you because you have such a great heart. I just hope you understand where some of this is coming from. Basically Catholics sell salvation but the bible says to do the opposite. I might leave it there mate because it's probably not a thread I should engage with.

I started laughing after the first line. Followers of freud think the fathers are to blame.

I tend to disagree. If israel can kill most of the palestinians, their problems would be solved. I think they're following this course of action.

It seems that the head jewish american has told the israelis to get out of gaza. I'm talking about antony blinking. Has he told grandpa? Who knows. Grandpa's asleep. Anyway, this might be a development of the red line red herring. He might tell the israelis next to get out of jerusalem but he probably realises that everyone would know that he's crapping on. Anyway, he has caught the attention of the american media and that's the aim. It might give israel the opportunity to drop a few more bombs and kill some palestinians under the cover of darkness.

The Iraelis have told the Egyptians that they need to loosen up their hold of the rafah gate in order for food to get through. We know already that the israelis are trying to starve the palestinians to death so the Israelis are probably trying to engineer a spill of palestinians into egyptian territory. The good news for the israelis is that food is being stopped from entering gaza. The israeli population will be pleased and this will ease pressure on netinyahoo. Unfortunately for Net, too few starvation figures are filtering through to satisfy his constituents' hopes and dreams. Meanwhile 400K have left rafah for a tent wasteland and israel will find it easier to bulldose rafah infrastructure to make it unfit for human habitiation....and you guessed it, the israelis dont see any humans in the area so things are sweet. Meanwhile parts of media are discussing what constitutes genocide. We might get an answer some time in the new year. We really need that definition tightened up.

For those unconcerned about the palestinians, they should look at how some of our northern neighbours are dealing with the issue. There are a number of states with significant islamic populations and they dont have fond views of the previous exploits of various western countries in their area. If you look at a world map of countries supporting the murders by israel, australia is country which is exceptionally isolated geographically.

The PM of malaysia is a supporter of hamas. He was previously a bit of a hero when he was fighting being jailed by a previous administration but the sheen has worn out with the west. Now the americans are signalling that economic sanctions are closing in. Youre either with us or against us, as George said in a past red line defining moment. The indonesian gov't is concentrating more on western money but the people are more uneasy.

Some might argue that people need to do the right thing, irrespective of what other countries around them are doing. If you think murder is the right thing than you're probably one of those who want a holy war in the crusades style. We need to stay true to our judeo-christianity? lol. I love that term. Did you realise that muslims revere abraham? Not that anyone can make any sense of these prehistoric myths. Judeo-christian, christian zionist, ideological sociopath....choose your poison...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

i was looking for something to watch on tv. I went to iview and saw silent witness.....28 seasons. I probably havent watched one in a decade but i remember them being good. Everyone a bit older....a murder is committed....a man runs away from the scene of the crime and he looks a bit arabic.....a new member of the team....he's wearing a pathologists headband and he takes it off. The curls fall down.... his secret is revealed....the propaganda begins...

something from my local member

"........I know this news will be welcome in our community, but also across Western Australia and throughout the nation as a whole – because Australians do not accept the inhumane treatment of animals in our care."

Remove this Banner Ad

Back