All things Tennis.

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tomic playing like he has a plane to catch... he's stopped constructing points and is even rushing between points. He's a helluva talent but for a guy who's meant to be able to "read the play" so well... this seems plain obvious. :confused:

Bernard at 5-5 and 15-0 in the 4th rushed straight into the next point and you just knew instantly that he was going to give up some cheap points. Disappointing. If he can work on a few things he'll be back bigger and better though, Djoker actually couldn't match it with him in the longer rallies.

If there's a way of laying Tomic to serve out a game once you see him rushing the first couple of points, I reckon it would be a fair money spinner.

I believe that is Federer's first ever loss from 2-0 up at a slam, and the only other such loss outside a slam I can think of was against Hewitt in Davis Cup in 03/04.

edit: also Nalbandian in the end of year champs final.

I believe that is Federer's first ever loss from 2-0 up at a slam, and the only other such loss outside a slam I can think of was against Hewitt in Davis Cup in 03/04.

IMO if hes smart he will walk away. No doubting he is 1 of the greats (and some will say the greatest) but lets face it there is better competition around these days than during his record runs and theres nothing sader than watching champions performances go backwards slowly (M Schumacher etc)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Lopez is great odds here, have taken him to win a reasonable amount so fingers crossed. Also a smaller bet on Lopez 3-0 at 26-1

IMO if hes smart he will walk away. No doubting he is 1 of the greats (and some will say the greatest) but lets face it there is better competition around these days than during his record runs and theres nothing sader than watching champions performances go backwards slowly (M Schumacher etc)

Oh yeah....Runner up at Roland Garros then knocked out in the quarter finals of Wimbledon, that sound like the time to retire :rolleyes: His ranking has dropped all the way down to 3!!! :eek:

He is still one of the top 2 players in the world (Not by rankings, but in most peoples eyes still is) and should not even consider retiring

I don't quite think Federer has reached the stage you're talking about. He was hardly wiped off the court today, he simply didn't maintain his level from the first 2 sets, and had no answer when Tsonga raised his game.

Federer could have won that French Open final, that match would have been completely different had Federer taken that set point in the 1st set. I actually thought that at this year's French Open Roger played as well as he ever has at the event.

As for the competition being better now than before, this is highly deabatable.

Don't forget Federer is still the only player to have beaten Djokovic this year. Should Nadal be retiring also? He's lost to the guy 4 times this year.

Lopez is great odds here, have taken him to win a reasonable amount so fingers crossed. Also a smaller bet on Lopez 3-0 at 26-1

good luck, but Lopez is far too one dimensional to bother Murray. 7-6 7-6 7-6 is your only chance.

also i believe that bet was trading at 40s on betfair.

Oh yeah....Runner up at Roland Garros then knocked out in the quarter finals of Wimbledon, that sound like the time to retire :rolleyes: His ranking has dropped all the way down to 3!!! :eek:

He is still one of the top 2 players in the world (Not by rankings, but in most peoples eyes still is) and should not even consider retiring

Agreed, one of the stranger suggestions for retirement.

4u under 29.5 games @ $1.80 - Nadal vs Fish - taken about 5 min ago. loss

1.2 units - JWS to make final @ 2.95 (betfair).

Got on early for this one. JWS is playing much better tennis than Novak, who has been a little out of sorts all tournament.

I see where your coming from he hasn't been setting the court on fire. Still I wouldn't bet against someone who has only lost one match all year.

Yeah but when you are making every fnal and winning every second one or more it can drop away as quick as the game did last night if you arent carefull. Personally I dont think he will ever start another tournment as fav again. When was his last grandslam win?

Don't forget Federer is still the only player to have beaten Djokovic this year. Should Nadal be retiring also? He's lost to the guy 4 times this year.

Well just compare Federer vs Nadal (last 2 years) then why find a middle man for the stats?

Yeah but when you are making every fnal and winning every second one or more it can drop away as quick as the game did last night if you arent carefull. Personally I dont think he will ever start another tournment as fav again. When was his last grandslam win?

I don't think he cares if he starts a tourney as fav? He's more concerned with winning it.

His last grand slam win was Aussie Open 2010.

Didn't get the chance to watch the NAdal game, did he look in good nick?

I too need to decide when to lay some of my Nadal for tourament off. Surely he has Murray covered?

Djokovic at 1.50 is great value against the enigmatic Tsonga, good mutli that bet!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back