All Time Great State Cricket Teams

Remove this Banner Ad

Almost all of their cricket is in the WA team, they are sandgropers.
Most of Johnson's domestic cricket was in Queensland. And it's SOO. Michael Klinger played more cricket for SA than Victoria but under the SOO rules he'd be Victorian.

waiting for someone to put a tassie side together.

i'm guessing it'd be built around ponting and boon with paine , wade , bailey and hilfy.

faulkner, doherty ?
Under the RL origin rules? Max Walker for sure.

Cox (c)
Hills
Boon
Ponting
Wade
Young
Paine (w)
Butterworth
Saunders (spin options are really bad, even by the standards of the rest of this team)
Walker
Hilfenhaus

12th di Venuto
Squad : Buckingham, Woolley, Campbell, Griffith, Doherty

NSW are so good they probably beat rest if Australia team.
Why is nsw that much better is it due to population
I would say less overlap and dilution from their football codes, physically and demographically.

Comparing NSW to Victoria where I’ve been involved at both states. The cricket culture is totally different.

My feeling with cricket in Victoria was the local teams where mostly the footy boys having something to do in the summer. In NSW, the local teams where ‘cricketers’, every kid at school with any sort or athleticism played cricket. There was some overlap with the union boys, some league, footy and soccer boys, but it felt less of a secondary sport.

I would say less overlap and dilution from their football codes, physically and demographically.

Comparing NSW to Victoria where I’ve been involved at both states. The cricket culture is totally different.

My feeling with cricket in Victoria was the local teams where mostly the footy boys having something to do in the summer. In NSW, the local teams where ‘cricketers’, every kid at school with any sort or athleticism played cricket. There was some overlap with the union boys, some league, footy and soccer boys, but it felt less of a secondary sport.
Then Queensland will be very stacked too like NSW if it was due to rugby league

The non-State of Origin i.e. "where they played the most" WA team:
J. Langer
G. Marsh
K. Hughes
A. Voges
M. Hussey
D. Martyn
A. Gilchrist
M. Johnson
D. Lillee
B. Yardley
T. Alderman

Alderman vs Mckenzie: Close but Alderman took 42 wickets in the 1981 Ashes.
Voges vs M. Marsh: Marsh won't catch up to his average but might surpass him by the end of his career.

The non-State of Origin i.e. "where they played the most" WA team:
J. Langer
G. Marsh
K. Hughes
A. Voges
M. Hussey
D. Martyn
A. Gilchrist
M. Johnson
D. Lillee
B. Yardley
T. Alderman

Alderman vs Mckenzie: Close but Alderman took 42 wickets in the 1981 Ashes.
Voges vs M. Marsh: Marsh won't catch up to his average but might surpass him by the end of his career.
Johnson played more than double for Queensland over WA.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Shove your stats up your clacker 😂 he is a West Aus man!
He's a Queenslander. WA have Lillee, Alderman, Angel, Julian, Moody and Reid. They don't need him

You could argue either way with him, but he played his best cricket for Australia once he moved West.
Yeah but he also didn't play for WA until after his best cricket started.

A quick home grown SA XI
Phillips
Blewett
G Chappell
I Chappell
Head
Lehmann
Jarman
May
Hammond
Gillespie
Prior