Alright go berzerk ... What are the negatives in this ???

Remove this Banner Ad

Meh, no-one wants Richmond to keep getting #1 picks!.

Simple is never the solution. What we need is convolution! (and not in a mathmatical sense.)

Determine draft order based on years out of the 8 (/year's in the 8).

So if you're a Port Adelaide. It doesn't help to tank. You're in the same boat as all other "1 year out of the 8" guys.

This way, the draft system will "reward" long-term failure. instead of the BS short-term failure that the system currently rewards. Tanking is short-term-failure. That shouldn't be rewarded. But the long-term-failure, that's where we need to be throwing the bones...

Mate your system rewards Richmond, who have played 2 finals series in 25 years so by your measurement in years out of the eight, they would get pick one every year for the next decade.

My system doesn't guarantee them pick one at all. They could get any pick between one and eight as each side outside of the eight has an equal chance of landing the top pick.

Your system on the other hand makes it mathematically impossible for Richmond to get anything other than pick one given their almost complete lack of finals football over two and a half decades.

The answer to most problems is more often than not very simple.

Mate your system rewards Richmond, who have played 2 finals series in 25 years so by your measurement in years out of the eight, they would get pick one every year for the next decade.

My system doesn't guarantee them pick one at all. They could get any pick between one and eight as each side outside of the eight has an equal chance of landing the top pick.

Your system on the other hand makes it mathematically impossible for Richmond to get anything other than pick one given their almost complete lack of finals football over two and a half decades.

The answer to most problems is more often than not very simple.

They have spent 7 years out of the top 8. I think that level of failure says that they should have the #1 pick. No team needs proping up any more than they do...

Oh, and every time that make the finals, it would reset their "out of 8" counter back to 0.

They have spent 7 years out of the top 8. I think that level of failure says that they should have the #1 pick. No team needs proping up any more than they do...

Oh, and every time that make the finals, it would reset their "out of 8" counter back to 0.

Mate, I think we have all lost count of the number of top draft picks that Richmond has pissed against the wall. On that basis alone, they are entitled to no more help.

Remove this Banner Ad

Alright go berzerk ... What are the negatives in this ???

Remove this Banner Ad

Back